You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Senior Member pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vidalia, Georgia
    Posts
    624

    Default Shot a Diamond Black Ice Saturday

    Just happened to go by Bass Pro Shop in Savannah, GA on Saturday to kill time before my wife and I went out to eat for fathers day with my dad.....and the Black Ice caught my eye as it hung there on the rack.

    All i can say is that as soon as my hand wrapped around the grip i immediately thought, "Wow, this thing really fits me good!" It felt very balanced and very comfortable so i asked if i could shoot it and of course those guys are always looking for a reason to go in the back and goof off with the bows instead of dealing with customers....

    I must say i was impressed, this is a really nice shooting bow! Very smooth, good and quiet, and it has a very solid wall at full draw. The valley also has some adjustablity, which is great for me b/c it's one of things i always wish i could tweak on every bow. The narrow valley is one of the few things i would complain about on my Fred Bear Instict.

    My wife offered to buy it for me but i told her to let me thunk on it a bit....

    If anyone is currently shooting a Black Ice or has shot one and can shed some light on any pros and/or cons about this bow based on their experiences, please post here...b/c unless i get info to change my mind, right now the only decision i'd have to make is whether to get the camo model or to get the target model with the fancy colors and just keep my Instinct for hunting.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

  2. #2
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    Just happened to go by Bass Pro Shop in Savannah, GA on Saturday to kill time before my wife and I went out to eat for fathers day with my dad.....and the Black Ice caught my eye as it hung there on the rack.

    All i can say is that as soon as my hand wrapped around the grip i immediately thought, "Wow, this thing really fits me good!" It felt very balanced and very comfortable so i asked if i could shoot it and of course those guys are always looking for a reason to go in the back and goof off with the bows instead of dealing with customers....

    I must say i was impressed, this is a really nice shooting bow! Very smooth, good and quiet, and it has a very solid wall at full draw. The valley also has some adjustablity, which is great for me b/c it's one of things i always wish i could tweak on every bow. The narrow valley is one of the few things i would complain about on my Fred Bear Instict.

    My wife offered to buy it for me but i told her to let me thunk on it a bit....

    If anyone is currently shooting a Black Ice or has shot one and can shed some light on any pros and/or cons about this bow based on their experiences, please post here...b/c unless i get info to change my mind, right now the only decision i'd have to make is whether to get the camo model or to get the target model with the fancy colors and just keep my Instinct for hunting.


    the black ice is a really nice shooting bow and it feels great in the hand....

    i would say go for it....camo is easier to resell......

    but I like colored ones also....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  3. #3
    Banned midevilarcher5575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    180

    Default

    [QUOTE=BOWMAN;44274]the black ice is a really nice shooting bow and it feels great in the hand....

    i would say go for it....camo is easier to resell......[QUOTE]

    yup they really are easyer to resell but that target one is really nice
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Senior Member pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vidalia, Georgia
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Dat's purty......

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    the black ice is a really nice shooting bow and it feels great in the hand....

    i would say go for it....camo is easier to resell......

    but I like colored ones also....
    Not even gonna try to save my wife any money are ya....
    I hate to sell anything that's already paid for anyway 'cause i always end up taking a wash to get rid of it.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

  5. #5
    Banned midevilarcher5575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    Dat's purty......



    Not even gonna try to save my wife any money are ya....
    I hate to sell anything that's already paid for anyway 'cause i always end up taking a wash to get rid of it.
    you like that huh i can get ya a new one for less pm me and ill shoot ya a price.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Go for the black ice. I bought one from Midevilarcher. He is a great guy to deal with and he will do you right on price and service. I have started buying different things from him. The black ice is a sweet shooter. GO FOR IT! You wont be dissapointed.

    MO.Hick

  7. #7
    Senior Member J.A.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    hmm, we were at Bass Pro on Saturday and looked at the Black Ice.. my husband liked it too.
    I think its a sign.
    You should get it!
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

  8. #8
    Senior Member pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vidalia, Georgia
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    hmm, we were at Bass Pro on Saturday and looked at the Black Ice.. my husband liked it too.
    I think its a sign.
    You should get it!
    You gonna buy your husband one too.....right?
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

  9. #9
    Senior Member pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vidalia, Georgia
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by midevilarcher5575 View Post
    you like that huh i can get ya a new one for less pm me and ill shoot ya a price.
    you have a PM.....
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

  10. #10
    Senior Member J.A.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    You gonna buy your husband one too.....right?
    Now, I didn't say that!
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

  11. #11
    Senior Member pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vidalia, Georgia
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    Now, I didn't say that!
    You did say that you thought it was a sign though.....
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

  12. #12
    Junior Member mrs pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vidalia, Ga
    Posts
    17

    Default

    [QUOTE=midevilarcher5575;44276][QUOTE=BOWMAN;44274]the black ice is a really nice shooting bow and it feels great in the hand....

    i would say go for it....camo is easier to resell......

    yup they really are easyer to resell but that target one is really nice
    you know this isn't helping me right

    Oh yeah...I'd be the wife btw

  13. #13
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    hey you offered to buy it in the first place.....you brought this on your self.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  14. #14
    Senior Member thehairlessone!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    1,003

    Default

    They are great bows. I shot one the day I got my guardian. I would have been happy with either but the guardian just had a little better feel to me.

    rick

  15. #15
    Junior Member battman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ray County MO.
    Posts
    16

    Default

    I shot Mo Hicks and its as nice if not nicer to shoot than my switchback.

  16. #16
    Member pdq 5oh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Get that Black Ice quick. It's a great shooting bow. As you've seen, quiet, smooth, fast. I love the thin grip, too. You know you'll regret passing it up.
    "Could you guys be quiet. My dad's trying to shoot."
    BowTech........Refuse To Follow.

  17. #17
    Senior Member pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vidalia, Georgia
    Posts
    624

    Default

    I got a deal in the works....

    It appears that i left my laptop on and got busted....i 'been trying to get that woman to join this site for a few weeks now and she hasn't.....and all it took was for her to find out that you guys were going to help me spend her money. She's gotten pretty serious about this archery stuff herself, that's her second bow since December in that avatar she's got there....(I'm not complaining Honey, I think it's awesome!!)
    Last edited by pilot; 06-20-2007 at 08:14 AM.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    258

    Default

    I dont ask my wife if I can buy something. I just get it and then get in trouble later. Gives me a good reason to go shoot 3-D!

    Mo.Hick

  19. #19
    Senior Member pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vidalia, Georgia
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Don't get me wrong, i usually don't either....but this time i'm using HER debit card and not mine.....different accounts
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

Similar Threads

  1. Like New 08 Diamond Black Ice!!
    By bowhunterpse in forum Bows for sale or trade
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 04:20 PM
  2. diamond black ice bow
    By cole2011 in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 10:10 PM
  3. Diamond Black Ice
    By MO.HICK in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 04:38 PM
  4. Pic of Diamond Black Ice
    By MO.HICK in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 05:45 PM
  5. diamond black ice
    By diamond-vic. in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •