You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: 3-D Today

Default 3-D Today

Shot a 3-d shoot today and got 3rd. I am really liking this new diamond black ice that i have. I havent got to shoot for around a month due to work and weather. but this is the second shoot that i shot with the black ice and the 3rd shoot since going to open class. I feel preaty good about this. A lot of shots were hard because of being in the bright sun and the targets being in dark shadows. I cant wait for the next one i get to shoot on the 4th of july.

Mo. Hick

Congrats on your 3rd place finish today!

You must really be liking that new bow

We shot at a 3d range in Southern Mo today...man was it HOT........I shot a 414, 40 targets

Great shootin MO HICK. Glad to hear the Black Ice is shootin good.

"HONDA"

Congrats to you Tom, that was some good shooting today Did get a bit warm when the sun broke out and your right, the targets in the shadows were hard to see.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Boy hot was not the word for it. Not a breeze anywhere. But it is still a blast to shoot. What a great bunch of guys and gals to shoot with and to shoot the bull with when we are waiting for the last people to come in. I love this sport.

Mo.Hick

What shoot was it?

Warrensburg maybe? I think I recognize that Black Ice...

Yep, it was the monthly shoot in Warrensburg Mo. Witchy1 were you there? I was the bald headed guy in the Orange shirt (I won the Hunter Class) next time step up and let me know who ya are.
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff

It was Warrensburg. Witchy next time you are at a shoot that I am at interduce your self. I would like to meet you. I also belong to Excelsior Archers. I wont be at this months shoot. I am the old fat bald guy. There are a few people that reconize me by that black ice.

Mo.Hick

Congrats, sounds like it was a good shoot.
    Hopefully after this next Iraq rotation I will be able to go play in Missouri a lil more.
    New Breed Archery-Genetix 28.5"/ 60lbs & 365gr. = 285 FPS
    New Breed Archery- Eclipse 65/28.5" & 370gr. = 291 FPS
    Bowtech- 82nd Airborne 28.5"/ 60lbs. & 325gr. = 327 FPS
    Strother Archery- SR-71 28.5"/65lbs. & 370gr. = 303 FPS

Well, I guess I should have introduced myself but I just don't think of those things sometimes. MoHick, I believe we wound up hooking up with you guys? If so, it was a pleasure shooting with you. Hope to have the opportunity to do it again.

MoBowman, I remember seeing orange shirts. I'll try to find you sometime in the future.

Congrats to you both on good shootin'!

I would have guess that you are the one shooting the bow-tec. And yes it was fun shooting with and your wife. Next time maybe we can combine our scores so we can beat her. Where are you going to shoot at next?

Mo.Hick

Yes, I was shooting the BowTech - the Equalizer My hubby was shooting the Ally. And yes, maybe you guys should combine your scores to beat me. LOL! He and I are headed to the ASA Pro/Am in Metropolis this weekend. The next local shoots we'll hit will be Sibley on the 4th if we're back by then (gonna visit the family on the way back from Metro) and probably Carrollton on the 7th or 8th.

Witchy1, if you haven't been to Montrose for any of their shoots, you should really try to get down there. My opinion is it is one of the best 3d shoots in the State, and you can't really find a better group of individuals running a shoot (unless of course it's one that I'am running ) well worth the trip and they average between 130-160 shooters each month
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff

We've been to Montrose once this year. It was fun and there were A LOT of shooters there. We're planning to go back sometime. Any way we can find out how we did when we were there? We had to leave early that day. Which shoot do you run, MoBowman?

Quote Originally Posted by MoBowman View Post
    Witchy1, if you haven't been to Montrose for any of their shoots, you should really try to get down there. My opinion is it is one of the best 3d shoots in the State, and you can't really find a better group of individuals running a shoot (unless of course it's one that I'am running ) well worth the trip and they average between 130-160 shooters each month

You can go to Montroses website athttp://www.montrosemo.com/MAA/ and see the results for their shoots. I run a benefit shoot for Missouriwhitetails.com about once a year. Had ours last month in Osceola Mo. great turn out and lots of good prizes given away. All the procedes go to our Hunters with Disabilities and Youth Programs. We pay for hunts for those with disabilities.
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff

That's awesome. We wanted to go to that shoot but had another commitment. Thanks for the Montrose address. Wouldn't you know they don't have the results posted for the one we shot! Thanks again!

Witchy1 I will be a carrollton and sibley. Look forward to seeing you both again. At sibley just listen for paul that will be the group that i will be with. At carrollton maybe we can hookup and shoot together again. I will practice to see if i can get close to your scores. Also at carrolton paul will have the pop-up 3-D there. If you have never shot it it is a blast.

Mo.Hick