You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,599

    Default And She Does it Again!!

    I shot a 3D course yesterday and hated it. I was so dissappointed in my shooting. Alot of up and down hill shot and I had some Major target panic. I have never really had TP before but yesterday it was bad. I dropped 3 arrows and ended up scoring 818/924 . Anyway, I still took FIRST place in my class I think I will be practicing those ups and downs more

  2. #2
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    I shot a 3D course yesterday and hated it. I was so dissappointed in my shooting. Alot of up and down hill shot and I had some Major target panic. I have never really had TP before but yesterday it was bad. I dropped 3 arrows and ended up scoring 818/924 . Anyway, I still took FIRST place in my class I think I will be practicing those ups and downs more
    so what are you complaining about???
    I cut things up and split them down!

  3. #3
    Senior Member chelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Rafael, CA
    Posts
    451

    Default

    She won but in her head she didn't win as it were. Remember we're always competeing with ourselves...at least I am. When I practice if I don't get in the yellow I feel like I've done terrible. I like perfect practice so I keep at it and I too hate those up and down shots. I try and practice that alot but still not there yet.

    Grats though Wheels on the win for sure.
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Sounds like she is not happy with her personal performance. I can understand that. That is how we all get better. But anyway keep up the good shooting. Congrats on the first place.

    Mo.Hick

  5. #5
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,713

    Default

    Wheels what is your form proceedure on those up hills and down hill shots.

    Also TP comes from having to guess tha distance anfd not really knowin if that is tha right distance,

    after you have judged it just concentrate on your form .

    You can be fooled on yardage but they can not take away your form..... only you can give it up.. "Hi or low here we go" thats my favorite saying when tha yards are a little shakey



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  6. #6
    Senior Member pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vidalia, Georgia
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    You can be fooled on yardage but they can not take away your form..... only you can give it up.. "Hi or low here we go" thats my favorite saying when tha yards are a little shakey
    Now dat's da truf...i struggle with this also from time to time. I start to second guess my range estimation and start letting my form slip, letting the sight pin drift up and down trying to re-estimate my range in my head....by the time i release, i can't even remember where i was aiming at exactly.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

  7. #7
    Member bone collector 9615's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    91

    Default

    congrats on the win wheels.
    some were born perfect........the rest of us have to practice perfect.

    06 alliegance,G5 sight, trophy taker rest
    2007 elite envy G5 sight, rip cord rest

  8. #8
    Senior Member J.A.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    I hear ya Wheels..just chalk it up to good days/bad days.. and go on. if you focus on thinking about TP, then it will become TP..so, it wasn't TP, it was a tough course and a bad day..next time will be better.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

  9. #9
    Senior Member longcut36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    3,559

    Default

    I have found when I walk up to a target, the first estimate I make on distance is usually right. but sometimes I will let my feeble brain talk me out of it. and most times the second guess is wrong. as for uphill and down hill shots, if you will pull and anchor like it is a level shot then bend at the waist will help a lot. this way you will get the right anchor point each time.

  10. #10
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Wheels what is your form proceedure on those up hills and down hill shots.
    Also TP comes from having to guess tha distance anfd not really knowin if that is tha right distance,

    after you have judged it just concentrate on your form .

    You can be fooled on yardage but they can not take away your form..... only you can give it up.. "Hi or low here we go" thats my favorite saying when tha yards are a little shakey
    I use to move my bow arm, but yesterday the guys were helping me make sure I was bending at the waist and I did great when I did it right. So I draw back squared up and then bend at the waist to the target.

  11. #11
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,599

    Default

    And Yes, I was not pleased with my shooting. I know I can do better. There is no reason I should not be shooting at least a 21 average.

    The shoot was marked yardage, so I didn't have to judge it, but I was so jerky. I could feel myself jerk anticipating the shot. I will just have to practice more and get over it

  12. #12
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    And Yes, I was not pleased with my shooting. I know I can do better. There is no reason I should not be shooting at least a 21 average.

    The shoot was marked yardage, so I didn't have to judge it, but I was so jerky. I could feel myself jerk anticipating the shot. I will just have to practice more and get over it
    get a release that will not fire and practice w/it for a while....if you can find one.....

    or its blank bail time.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  13. #13
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
    I have found when I walk up to a target, the first estimate I make on distance is usually right. but sometimes I will let my feeble brain talk me out of it. and most times the second guess is wrong. as for uphill and down hill shots, if you will pull and anchor like it is a level shot then bend at the waist will help a lot. this way you will get the right anchor point each time.
    I did this all day on Sunday.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orleans Indiana
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Congrats on the win and good luck with the tp!
    Elite Z28
    Pathfinder wraps
    Vortex optics
    Gods Country Outdoors
    Ranger custom bowstrings

  15. #15
    Senior Member longcut36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    3,559

    Default

    hey wheels, you might want to try a back tension release. I fought target panic for about two years. I'm hardheaded and to much pride. I didn't want to lose to my "buddies" while I was learning the BT. finally got so bad I would completely missed the target. so about a year ago I sold ever trigger release I had. best move I ever made. no target panic and can hold on target much better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •