You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Site Guru

Thumbs down CT R100 canceled!

http://www.r100.org/

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the R100 in Connecticut has been cancelled. I apologize to the many shooters who planned to attend this event. Had I had more than a week and a half notice of this cancellation I would have tried to find an alternate shoot site.

All shooters who are pre-registered for this shoot will receive a full refund.

We will be taking applications for shoots in the area for 2008.

If you have any questions feel free to call.

Again, I am sorry

James McGovern
    Rinehart Targets
    (608) 757-8153
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    http://www.r100.org/

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the R100 in Connecticut has been cancelled. I apologize to the many shooters who planned to attend this event. Had I had more than a week and a half notice of this cancellation I would have tried to find an alternate shoot site.

All shooters who are pre-registered for this shoot will receive a full refund.

We will be taking applications for shoots in the area for 2008.

If you have any questions feel free to call.

Again, I am sorry

James McGovern
    Rinehart Targets
    (608) 757-8153
    are you serious??
    I cut things up and split them down!

looks like everyone will just have to go to the PA one.....

Senior Member vonottoexperience's Avatar

What! ...we'll the good news is more folks can make your shoot

Quote Originally Posted by vonottoexperience View Post
    What! ...we'll the good news is more folks can make your shoot
    We were just at the club.....moved the stakes around.....made it a little tougher........

looks like the R100 needs a plan B for future shoot sites
    PSE Bow Madness/ GX
    Dead Center Archery Pro staff
    Mossy Oak Pro Staff NY
    TRU Ball prostaff/Vapor Trail Prostaff/BuckBomb Prostaff

That sucks....

Glad we picked PA...

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    That sucks....

Glad we picked PA...
    yup....me too.....

Quote Originally Posted by hilltophunter View Post
    looks like the R100 needs a plan B for future shoot sites
    I'm a little surprised they don't have an alternative site for each shoot...

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    I'm a little surprised they don't have an alternative site for each shoot...

Ron
    They said because it was so close to the shoot they didn't have time.
    I agree, it seems that is something that would've been taken care of before hand.

But I have to wonder how often this has happened? Usually when a club sends in the app they have the people and a plan in place before hand.

I'm still waiting to hear from the club on this.

Response from Cos Cob Archers:

Hello all. Just to set the record straight: Here's the skinny on the R-100. RINEHART 100 CANCELED

It is with the our deepest regret that The Rinehart-100 shoot scheduled for July 7 and 8 at Seton Reservation in Greenwich, CT has been canceled by the sponsors.

This shoot was planned and organized PRIMARILY as a youth event. Unlike other R-100's, this was not a fundraiser for a local club or archery shop. Rather, it was planned as a means of raising the profile of archery among kids.

Running a shoot for kids is all about SAFETY. It is a large undertaking which requires a substantial number of trained volunteers. This is not just a matter of putting up targets and shooting a few arrows. The safety of each child must be assured. It takes a lot of people.

For a variety of reasons, the manpower which was promised for this event in March failed to materialize in June. It is the position of the sponsors that safety is not just the major consideration...it is the ONLY consideration. As the volunteers necessary to insure safety were no longer available, we had to make a quick decision. We decided on the side of safety.

To everyone who has been looking forward to this event, we humbly apologize and beg your understanding, if not your forgiveness. We have not entered into this decision lightly. In fact, we agonized over it. In the final analysis, however, it got down to a question of safety, which we all agree should never be in jeopardy.

Please be assured that the good folks at Rinehart are not, in any way, to blame for this decision. If anything, they tried their best to convince us to proceed. The final decision was ours, and ours alone.

Very Truly Yours,

Craig Lanzoni Vice President Cos Cob Archers

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyluck View Post
    Response from Cos Cob Archers:

Hello all. Just to set the record straight: Here's the skinny on the R-100. RINEHART 100 CANCELED

It is with the our deepest regret that The Rinehart-100 shoot scheduled for July 7 and 8 at Seton Reservation in Greenwich, CT has been canceled by the sponsors.

This shoot was planned and organized PRIMARILY as a youth event. Unlike other R-100's, this was not a fundraiser for a local club or archery shop. Rather, it was planned as a means of raising the profile of archery among kids.

Running a shoot for kids is all about SAFETY. It is a large undertaking which requires a substantial number of trained volunteers. This is not just a matter of putting up targets and shooting a few arrows. The safety of each child must be assured. It takes a lot of people.

For a variety of reasons, the manpower which was promised for this event in March failed to materialize in June. It is the position of the sponsors that safety is not just the major consideration...it is the ONLY consideration. As the volunteers necessary to insure safety were no longer available, we had to make a quick decision. We decided on the side of safety.

To everyone who has been looking forward to this event, we humbly apologize and beg your understanding, if not your forgiveness. We have not entered into this decision lightly. In fact, we agonized over it. In the final analysis, however, it got down to a question of safety, which we all agree should never be in jeopardy.

Please be assured that the good folks at Rinehart are not, in any way, to blame for this decision. If anything, they tried their best to convince us to proceed. The final decision was ours, and ours alone.

Very Truly Yours,

Craig Lanzoni Vice President Cos Cob Archers
    I'll hold my tongue. I wasn't going anyway so I don't care but a lot of people are very upset and out of money, vacation... etc
    No I'm not dead