You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: 3d Arrows

Default 3d Arrows

I was wondering if anyone can Give me some insight on some arrows for shooting 3d. I have been using my hunting arrows and I would like to get something that is both light and durable. I shoot a hoyt ultramag 29" draw set at 70#. I have been looking at easton and carbon express, but I have also been thinking about gold tip though I really dont know anyone who shoots them. So if anyone could give me some feedback on what has worked for them I would really appreciate it, thankyou.

Take a look a Easton Fatboy shafts. I shoot a 29" draw and with 100gr points, mine usually end up at about 363gr.

I have friends that shoot goldtip xcutters and some shoot the Series 22 pro. The X cutters end up real close to the same weight as the Easton Fatboys but I am pretty sure the 22 series are lighter.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Thanks Chris I was just wondering about the Fatboys durability they seem like they have a pretty thin sidewall have you ever had any problems?

Gold Tip Ultralite 22 Series. If you don't mind spending a little more money then Ultra;ite Pro 22's.

another one to check out is th Easton a/c/c with quick spinsin my opinion this is the best of speed and duatibility.

I am currently looking at the X cutter pros by GT. I have heard a lot of good things about these arrows...anyone here shot them?

Gt UL PRO 22's.....but if you can get the speed, XCUTTERS!

I will be shooting the Easton X7 Eclipse this year in the 2613 for indoor and A/C/C 's for outdoor. (Indoor 5 spot that is. Are the 2613's legal for 3d? )

Default I shoot a fatshaft.

I would recommend shooting a larger shaft diameter for 3d.
    I know that with your setup it will take on a really heavy spined arrow no problem.
    I would recommend getting goldtip ultralightpro 22's.
    For some reason they really go out of your setup probably the best from what my friends shoot and what I have gathered for info.I might get rid of these I got and start shooting them myself,there straiter and cheaper.

Default Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone for your input. I have already decided that I am going to puchase the GT ultralight pro 22s. I think that I am also going to go with the pin nocks. These seem like they are very good arrows from what I have heard from you guys and from what I have gathered on my own. I have always been a Easton guy but these seem to be the ones. GT has a arrow builder on there website and you can customize how you want them and it gives you aprox. info like arrow weight and front of center %, it was also very helpful. Again thanks to everyone for your input it was really helpful
    Last edited by Radar; 12-07-2005 at 07:00 AM.