You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Got my new arrows and...

Got my new overpriced Carbon Express Nano's and I have to say they are pretty nifty actually. My pro shop basically charged me what Lancaster does as no one else sells them. Got those cute little Bohning X-Vanes that are shield cut and they are just the cutest things you'd ever want to see. My fletching job I have to say was pretty perfect....they go on pretty nicely and I used the Goat Tuff stuff.

I'm using a new rest...the TT Spring Steel I and it works pretty nicely suprisingly so. What I find pretty interesting is that today when I finally had a chance to work on setting up the ole sure-loc again....grrrr, I was shooting a lot to the left. First I set my sure-loc as far left as I could go but to no avail, still shooting left. Well, hubby said move the rest...of course I was hesitant because the shop had set the rest at center shot. Well, ok listened to hubby, and guess what, BAM!!!! shooting like a crazy woman now. We got out the paper tuner and I was shooting bullet holes so I guess it was a good idea after all. This also goes to show that just cause the shop set something up to what looks good, you have to shoot shoot shoot and fix it for yourself. I did go up a pound in draw weight and at the end of today my elbow was hurting a bit hmmmm.
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

Site Guru

I think their is an important lesson in there some where:

Always listen to your husband as Men are always right!
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I think their is an important lesson in there some where:

Always listen to your husband as Men are always right!
    thats not going to go over very well.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Nanos? ---- The way that I shoot I would have to take out a second mortgage if I wanted to shoot those.

Nano's huh, just saw the price on em and thats about as long as I thought about paying for some of them, just a nano second.

One thing to keep in mind, setting the "center shot" is just a starting point, normally there will be slight adjustments that have to be made once you start shooting.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Quote Originally Posted by MoBowman View Post
    Nano's huh, just saw the price on em and thats about as long as I thought about paying for some of them, just a nano second.

One thing to keep in mind, setting the "center shot" is just a starting point, normally there will be slight adjustments that have to be made once you start shooting.
    I've certainly found that out with this set of arrows for sure. As for the men are always right drivel....that is all that is I love my hubby but it's pretty painful to have him right hehe...cause then I have to grovel a bit. Yes these are expensive but they are pretty great flyers I have to say. The spring steel rest is kinda neat too. I was kind of skeptical about it but it works very well. Does a very nice job of cleaning any stray bit of glue from the fletching job...
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by chelleo View Post
    I've certainly found that out with this set of arrows for sure. As for the men are always right drivel....that is all that is I love my hubby but it's pretty painful to have him right hehe...cause then I have to grovel a bit. Yes these are expensive but they are pretty great flyers I have to say. The spring steel rest is kinda neat too. I was kind of skeptical about it but it works very well. Does a very nice job of cleaning any stray bit of glue from the fletching job...
    I think you're arrows cost more then my bow
    No I'm not dead