You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Turkeys are tough to get drawn on!!!

Had a group of turkeys come through last night. There was a downed tree between me an them. I thought there was only two but I was wrong. I tried to get to full draw as the first one went behind the tree and got busted.

So here's a lesson. Draw your bow as soon as you can and wait. I thought I was covered and they still saw me. Then you get to hear the chirp, chirp, chirp and they all scatter.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I feel for you brother....I got busted this spring taking the safety off my Remington 1100....I instinctively looked down as I started to reach for it. The jake didnt wait to stick around to see what was going to happen next!

I was in my treestand one morning when a flock came through. I waited for them to pass under me before i started to draw my bow. CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP and gone they were. I think they have eyes in the back of there heads! featherd jerks anyway.

A Double Bull blind helps loads. But is not foolproof. If turkeys could smell, we'd be overrun with them.
    "Could you guys be quiet. My dad's trying to shoot."
    BowTech........Refuse To Follow.

We had a real old smart bird one time on a peice of property that I hunt. One day we decided it was his turn to go on the table. So we did this, Found a really good blowdown and set up a blind behind it. Had a guy calling from behind us and slightly down over a knoll and a decoy on all three of the four sides. Just so happened that he came around my side of the blind I drew my SQ2 and let him have it. He would have had a hard time getting away anyway cause my buddy was on the oppisite side of the blind and was ready had he come around it that way its called tag team
    I cut things up and split them down!