You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

View Poll Results: Kill the AT Uproar thread?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, leave it so we can voice our opinion

    26 65.00%
  • Yes, kill it. It needs to be removed

    14 35.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 69
  1. #1

    Default Kill the AT Uproar thread?

    It has been suggested that I should kill the AT Uproar thread. Since you the members make this board what it is, I will let you all give your input.
    Should it stay or should it go?
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

  2. #2
    Prodigal Son jcmorgan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orange Co., Indiana
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    I voted to kill it. Not because of all the baseless conspiracy theories against Martin and the AT moderators. Not because of the opinions given regarding Martin or their marketing strategies. I voted that way simply because this girl is a human being and may come on here one day and want to be a member. After the insults and personal attacks that were spewed out, I'm sure she would think very little of this site and the people on it.

    This site has alway been better than that in my opinion. Calling a girl a trailer trash hooker based on a picture was pathetic.

    Opinions are fine and that is what makes these forums great, but that thread served no purpose other than to let a few kids that got the boot from At do a little retaliatory bashing.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

  3. #3
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    I don't understand the point of the thread and I also do not want to see this site turn into AT, which in my opinion is a bunch of testosterone fueled crap.

    I say kill it.

    Ron

  4. #4
    Senior Member Daniel Boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,934

    Default Actually

    The thread has brought plenty here. Often times threads like that can be turned into learning threads. Wont be the last time a women dresses that way and models.

    You going to kill ever women thread. She knew darn well what the thread was going to cause.
    DB

  5. #5
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    I voted to kill it because it stopped being about the girl a while ago and now it is about people bashing other people, bow companies, and the Mods from other sites... if it was just making comments about the girl I'd leave it, since its basically personal attacks against others I said kill it.
    No I'm not dead

  6. #6
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,885

    Default

    Sorry Chris thats why you are the Admin.........to make those decisions. We are just lowly members of a great forum.


    "HONDA"

  7. #7
    Senior Member 'SIN'ERGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reading PA
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    I voted to kill it. Not because of all the baseless conspiracy theories against Martin and the AT moderators. Not because of the opinions given regarding Martin or their marketing strategies. I voted that way simply because this girl is a human being and may come on here one day and want to be a member. After the insults and personal attacks that were spewed out, I'm sure she would think very little of this site and the people on it.

    This site has alway been better than that in my opinion. Calling a girl a trailer trash hooker based on a picture was pathetic.

    Opinions are fine and that is what makes these forums great, but that thread served no purpose other than to let a few kids that got the boot from At do a little retaliatory bashing.

    You are right it turned in to a bash thread but that is not the reason why I put that thread up. I am not even a user of AT. I do go on the site but I do not post over there. You made it clear who those "kids" were, just don't start generalizing everyone. The best part about this site is that there really is no need for a mod, rarely ever is there anything that needs to be moderated,unlike what seems to take place on AT in my opinion. Actually the best part about this site is that when you ask an archery question, EVERYONE tries to HELP without bashing.
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

  8. #8
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    I have been staying out of this one, but I remember when I first joined, there were some porn pics posted and many of you commented on how your small children sometimes sit with you while you are on the computer. Are these pics you would like to have pop up on your screen while your kids are watching?

    I love this site, but when there is bashing going on...I start looking for other forums

  9. #9
    Member Scottyluck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Bashing happens everywhere. We've pretty much all expressed our views from all corners.

    You don't have to remove it but locking it wouldn't hurt.

  10. #10
    Slippy for President! Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It has been suggested that I should kill the AT Uproar thread. Since you the members make this board what it is, I will let you all give your input.
    Should it stay or should it go?
    Thank you Chris for having an open mind.

    And thank you for giving us lowly rejects a place to hang.
    Never buy reloads from a man named Stumpy, Lefty or Nub

    http://www.thefiringline.com/HCI/molon_labe.htm

  11. #11
    Senior Member Daniel Boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,934

    Default Chris

    I think you should delete some threads that are out of line and get personal.

    I do think this is not something we need or should allow because we want youth here and we need to be role models. Theres always limits.
    DB

  12. #12

    Default

    I don't feel this board needs the nazi iron fist ruler. I hope it never gets to that level. That said, there will always be a certain amount of bashing/flaming on any forum. It's just like your extended family. Show me a family that doesn't argue and I'll show you a disfunctional family.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

  13. #13
    Prodigal Son jcmorgan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orange Co., Indiana
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "SIN"ERGY View Post
    You are right it turned in to a bash thread but that is not the reason why I put that thread up. I am not even a user of AT. I do go on the site but I do not post over there. You made it clear who those "kids" were, just don't start generalizing everyone. The best part about this site is that there really is no need for a mod, rarely ever is there anything that needs to be moderated,unlike what seems to take place on AT in my opinion. Actually the best part about this site is that when you ask an archery question, EVERYONE tries to HELP without bashing.
    Point taken. If I wrongly generalized you then I apologize. I like this site also for its atmosphere and was really surprised when I saw the thread yesterday and saw what it had turned into. It was completely out of character for this site and the people on it.

    Chris does a great job and I enjoy the self policing that goes on as well...
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

  14. #14
    Prodigal Son jcmorgan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orange Co., Indiana
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    I have been staying out of this one, but I remember when I first joined, there were some porn pics posted and many of you commented on how your small children sometimes sit with you while you are on the computer. Are these pics you would like to have pop up on your screen while your kids are watching?

    I love this site, but when there is bashing going on...I start looking for other forums

    Nope...
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

  15. #15
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    ok so I veiwed the results before voteing and see that it is a 7-7 tie......

    I am not going to vote as I believe Scotty was right and we should just leave it but lock it.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  16. #16
    Prodigal Son jcmorgan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orange Co., Indiana
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    ok so I veiwed the results before voteing and see that it is a 7-7 tie......

    I am not going to vote as I believe Scotty was right and we should just leave it but lock it.....
    So your are on the fence on this one huh????
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

  17. #17
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    So your are on the fence on this one huh????
    yup.....I have thought about it alot....and no not just the pictures , and have decided that ultamatly Chris makes the final decission and it will most likely be the right one for the good of the forum.....I would not respect some of us for some of the comments made, including me, if I was an outsider looking in, and also feel the same as some of the people who made those comments, I can see both sides on this one....

    Its almost like some of us had been drinking heavely and and decided to go on a leg humping spree.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  18. #18
    Prodigal Son jcmorgan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orange Co., Indiana
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    yup.....I have thought about it alot....and no not just the pictures , and have decided that ultamatly Chris makes the final decission and it will most likely be the right one for the good of the forum.....I would not respect some of us for some of the comments made, including me, if I was an outsider looking in, and also feel the same as some of the people who made those comments, I can see both sides on this one....

    Its almost like some of us had been drinking heavely and and decided to go on a leg humping spree.......

    Locking it would be fine with me. I think it has pretty much ran its course anyways. I don't think there is much to learn from it by leaving it, but locking it will put an end to it. Plus, I would hate to see the horses butt post be deleted. I laughed at that one myself.....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

  19. #19
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    Locking it would be fine with me. I think it has pretty much ran its course anyways. I don't think there is much to learn from it by leaving it, but locking it will put an end to it. Plus, I would hate to see the horses butt post be deleted. I laughed at that one myself.....
    so listen here is the plan STAN........start a new thread and post a pic of the horses BUTT.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  20. #20
    Slippy for President! Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    355

    Default

    as I believe Scotty was right and we should just leave it but lock it.
    That may be the best solution.

    It looks like everyone has said their peace anyway.
    Never buy reloads from a man named Stumpy, Lefty or Nub

    http://www.thefiringline.com/HCI/molon_labe.htm

Similar Threads

  1. my first kill with a bow
    By chris from texas in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 03:09 PM
  2. First bow kill
    By scottg in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 06:46 PM
  3. THe AT Guys are in an uproar about this video
    By beenfarr in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 02:58 PM
  4. At Uproar!
    By 'SIN'ERGY in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 488
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 08:37 PM
  5. guns dont kill kids, kids plot to kill kids......
    By BUNNYMAN in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 12:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •