You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

View Poll Results: Kill the AT Uproar thread?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, leave it so we can voice our opinion

26 65.00%
  • Yes, kill it. It needs to be removed

14 35.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
    But if the thread is removed based on Rule #1... I want all posts and threads deleted that violate rules #2 , 3 and 9.
    2 - “Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.”

3 - “Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.”

9 - “While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitor's products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts. Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from blatant bashing of other archery products.”

I also want members banned for violating Rule #14…
    14 - “Keep signatures to 5 lines or less.”

I am being cynical on this, but I think Chris had taken a great stand on allowing us to speak freely and openly on any product or subject with interjecting only once in a great while. The rules are guidelines and IMO should not be rules to live and die by.

"That government is best which governs least” --- I think Chris should continue to manage this forum the same way.

I still recommend that we keep and lock the thread.

YEAH!!!! What he said!
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

But if the thread is removed based on Rule #1... I want all posts and threads deleted that violate rules #2 , 3 and 9.
    2 - “Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.”

3 - “Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.”

9 - “While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitor's products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts. Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from blatant bashing of other archery products.”

I also want members banned for violating Rule #14…
    14 - “Keep signatures to 5 lines or less.”

I am being cynical on this, but I think Chris had taken a great stand on allowing us to speak freely and openly on any product or subject with interjecting only once in a great while. The rules are guidelines and IMO should not be rules to live and die by.

"That government is best which governs least” --- I think Chris should continue to manage this forum the same way.

I still recommend that we keep and lock the thread.
    Without 2 or 3, there wouldn't be much posting at all would there?

The thread itself started out fine, it is the posters themselves that got away with breaking the rules.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

And if you did that then BOWMAN's count would probably drop by at least 1500?? maybe 2500

Do you have a daughter? How about a sister? Enough said!

If she shoots archery then chances are that her family does as well, and I wouldn't what this site to be responcible for them find the pics or what some of the members chose to post about her. Let it go man, and if you want it that bad then print a copy of it on the off chance that it is removed. This is an ARCHERY forum and this just does not relate.

That's simply my opinion. Just like someone giving there opinion of a company, regardless of their tactless nature, is alot different than tasteless ramblings about an individual.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    Jesus Christ & The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Some People spend their whole lives wondering if they made a difference in the world.
    Luckily our Service Men and Women don't have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by clemenlp View Post
    Do you have a daughter? How about a sister? Enough said!

If she shoots archery then chances are that her family does as well, and I wouldn't what this site to be responcible for them find the pics or what some of the members chose to post about her. Let it go man, and if you want it that bad then print a copy of it on the off chance that it is removed. This is an ARCHERY forum and this just does not relate.

That's simply my opinion. Just like someone giving there opinion of a company, regardless of their tactless nature, is alot different than tasteless ramblings about an individual.

I feel what you are sayin, but c'mon it ain't no worse than what you see turnin on cable tv any given night or any news station. And if you are worried about what they might see on this site compared to the internet as a whole then you got a lot to learn yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !1
    Last edited by 'SIN'ERGY; 07-05-2007 at 02:42 PM.

Slippy for President! Doc Holliday's Avatar

I don't think she had a gun to her head making her pose for those pics.

If you are going to pose like that and then allow them to be posted on the web, you have to know that not all comments are going to be favorable.

And I still think she's hot.
    Never buy reloads from a man named Stumpy, Lefty or Nub

http://www.thefiringline.com/HCI/molon_labe.htm

Your right, it isn't any different, but that does not mean that we should condone the action. Do I think that most of it was in good fun, yes, I do not believe that anyone had any malous intentions. And really in the grand scheme of things it probably won't have any effect on anything. These types of things, though, are the reason I am here more than AT. This place is much more respectable and I don't want to see us get their reputation in the end. AT is a good site, just a different atmosphere. Lets make sure that people can still tell the difference.

Some People spend their whole lives wondering if they made a difference in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I don't think she had a gun to her head making her pose for those pics.

If you are going to pose like that and then allow them to be posted on the web, you have to know that not all comments are going to be favorable.

And I still think she's hot.

Your right, it isn't any different, but that does not mean that we should condone the action. Do I think that most of it was in good fun, yes, I do not believe that anyone had any malous intentions. And really in the grand scheme of things it probably won't have any effect on anything. These types of things, though, are the reason I am here more than AT. This place is much more respectable and I don't want to see us get their reputation in the end. AT is a good site, just a different atmosphere. Lets make sure that people can still tell the difference.

They are WORLDS apart. Only once in a while does a thred get this much attention over here that is not archery related, and this one got started because of what was on AT. You really do not need to worry the 2 being spoken about in the same breath...

The thing is, I really don't know why I care. All points are valid, just think it should be moved to off topic if it stays.

Quote Originally Posted by "SIN"ERGY View Post
    And if you did that then BOWMAN's count would probably drop by at least 1500?? maybe 2500
    I think he would be banned to since he has more than 5 lines in his Sig??????

This thing is dying a natural death. Let it waste away and die.
    As for the pictures that started it, like I said. If she wants t use her *$$ for a Billboard, expect a response. What she did does not entitle her to any great deal of respect or consideration. I still stongly believe it was a obvious stunt that many of us got suckered into. So What?
    As for rude posting. There are a couple that feel that they hold some kind of moral high ground that entitles them to berate others on this site. A lot of jokes get posted, and not everybody gets them right away. That happens with any jokes.
    I don't like bullies, though, especially anonymous cyber-bullies. Chris runs the show, and demanding he take action that you feel is justified shows your *$$. These cyber-bullies are more rude than any others I've seen here. And they have a poorly developed sense of humor. That's established. And never admit they are wrong.
    If ypu want to tell somebody to behave, tell "MARTIN ANGEL" Her parents apparently didn't.
    We've seen Rosie, Paris, and many other non-Archery topics come up in the last few weeks, started by people who are in charge here included.
    Just let this run it's course and die. I know Bowman will find and post something else to get the Blood Pressures up soon enough.
    Way to go Bowman. You keep it interesting. Well Done. Don't Cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    This thing is dying a natural death. Let it waste away and die.
    As for the pictures that started it, like I said. If she wants t use her *$$ for a Billboard, expect a response. What she did does not entitle her to any great deal of respect or consideration. I still stongly believe it was a obvious stunt that many of us got suckered into. So What?
    As for rude posting. There are a couple that feel that they hold some kind of moral high ground that entitles them to berate others on this site. A lot of jokes get posted, and not everybody gets them right away. That happens with any jokes.
    I don't like bullies, though, especially anonymous cyber-bullies. Chris runs the show, and demanding he take action that you feel is justified shows your *$$. These cyber-bullies are more rude than any others I've seen here. And they have a poorly developed sense of humor. That's established. And never admit they are wrong.
    If ypu want to tell somebody to behave, tell "MARTIN ANGEL" Her parents apparently didn't.
    We've seen Rosie, Paris, and many other non-Archery topics come up in the last few weeks, started by people who are in charge here included.
    Just let this run it's course and die. I know Bowman will find and post something else to get the Blood Pressures up soon enough.
    Way to go Bowman. You keep it interesting. Well Done. Don't Cave.

You shoot one 3d with him and now you are a

BOWMAN FANBOY

Quote Originally Posted by SIN"ERGY;46318]You shoot one 3d with him and now you are a

[COLOR="Red
    BOWMAN FANBOY[/COLOR]
    Actually, I didn't. He shot with Dredly and Jay Are. I had a couple neophytes I was set to shoot with.
    He's the one that told me to go check out Billboard Butt. I blame him for me being locked out for a week, but it was worth it. he's a real instigator, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Actually, I didn't. He shot with Dredly and Jay Are. I had a couple neophytes I was set to shoot with.
    He's the one that told me to go check out Billboard Butt. I blame him for me being locked out for a week, but it was worth it. he's a real instigator, huh?

Just a little one.

Quote Originally Posted by SIN"ERGY;46320]Just a [SIZE="1
    little one.[/SIZE]
    I GET THE JOKE!

I agree; and like Bowman was saying, a third party looking in may get the wrong opinion about this site if they were to run across those posts. It started out as a discussion about what was going on over at AT that ended very poorly.
    I hear what you are saying. So this is my suggestion.

Post something that sets the context for this thread so it will not be misunderstood. Maybe stick it first or last or both. Then lock the thread.

I would still like to keep the thread... just locked.

man i loose my internet access for one day at work and my GOOD name gets dragged into like 30 posts......I want JAY ARE banned just for shooting that ugly bow......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    man i loose my internet access for one day at work and my GOOD name gets dragged into like 30 posts......I want JAY ARE banned just for shooting that ugly bow......
    Ugly? At least it wasn't pink and don't have that outdated technology on it like that Matthews

You should loose internet access more often --- makes it easier for us to talk about ya!!!

Ugly? At least it wasn't pink and don't have that outdated technology on it like that Matthews

You should loose internet access more often --- makes it easier for us to talk about ya!!!
    it has never stopped you before......
    I cut things up and split them down!