You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Winners choice strings

I am thinking of taking my fuse? strings off my 2006 trykon and replaceing them with a set of winners choice strings.
    I think the fuse strings may be stretching some. What improvements may I notice going to winners choice?
    I mostly hunt with my bow, hope to get in to 3d shooting with it. I do shoot a bit I try to average 20 shots a day.
    Thanks

I just put some Winner's CHoice strings on my bow a few weeks ago and they are doing pretty well. I think the bow is a tad faster now, well at least the draw seems a bit "tighter" than with the fuse strings. Could be in my head though but it seems a bit tighter. Today I put about 130 shots thru and probably in last couple weeks a bit more than that and my peep is staying pretty straight now.
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

I just put some on my Target bow and I have noticed more speed and my peep stays put! Plus they have awesome colors!

I use them at the recommendation of the shop guys. No trouble. Settled fast. Wearing very well. Didn't get pretty colors though.

but anyone who believes they will never stretch has got another thing coming, they can stretch just like any other string, have seen a few, stretch over an inch in a year.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

I lubed mine up real good right away, and kept doing it the first several times out. Once the lube got all through. it was pretty stable. Only took a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by 62flint View Post
    I am thinking of taking my fuse? strings off my 2006 trykon and replaceing them with a set of winners choice strings.
    I think the fuse strings may be stretching some. What improvements may I notice going to winners choice?
    I mostly hunt with my bow, hope to get in to 3d shooting with it. I do shoot a bit I try to average 20 shots a day.
    Thanks
    I Would recommend taking the Fuse strings off. I haven't heard anything good about them and they do stretch allot!!!. Hoyt has never had a good reputation for the strings they use on their bows. I think WC strings is a good choice, once you get your peep set, you shouldn't have any rotation of it. If you order them you need to make sure you tell the shop if you want the Xcoating on the cables. Up until this year, Xcoating came standard but now is an extra cost ($3) to have you cables served with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    but anyone who believes they will never stretch has got another thing coming, they can stretch just like any other string, have seen a few, stretch over an inch in a year.......
    All strings will stretch, but WC strings are pre-stretched and any stretching that happens after installation should be very minimal. But you do have a band one in the bunch.

Slippy for President! Doc Holliday's Avatar

I bought a set in 03 for a new protec and shot that bow for about a year and a half. After initial settling, my peep never once moved. I don't know how they are now, but when I bought mine they were great.

If I was going to buy a new string today, I'd like to try Buck Nasty's. I've heard only good things from him and at a nice price.
    Never buy reloads from a man named Stumpy, Lefty or Nub

http://www.thefiringline.com/HCI/molon_labe.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I bought a set in 03 for a new protec and shot that bow for about a year and a half. After initial settling, my peep never once moved. I don't know how they are now, but when I bought mine they were great.

If I was going to buy a new string today, I'd like to try Buck Nasty's. I've heard only good things from him and at a nice price.
    I've used 6 or 7 sets of John's strings (aka BuckNasty) they are as good as it gets
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

sounds neat. I thought about getting a new string on my guardian next year.

rick
    No catchy signature here.....

If your concerned about stretch, when you order your winners choice, request them in 452x. It's a bit more stable than 8125. I have some guys get 8125 on the string and 452x on the cables.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I had/have Winner's Choice string/cables on my Allegiance. I took off the cables last night to replace them with Vapor Trail cables and guess what, the Winner's Choice cables were about 1/2" longer than the new Vapor Trails... Now is that because they stretched or is it because the Vapor Trails had not been put on a bow yet ? I don't know but I'm going to shoot this thing a bunch and compare them again afer a couple hundred shots. I'm very curious to see what the difference is going to be after that.

Also, if you read the info on BCY's WEB site, they make it pretty clear that 8125 is a bit faster than 452x but 452x is more stable than 8125. Chris' comment that he has guys use 452x on the cables and 8125 on the string may be a decent idea.

Ron

Default Fuse had to go

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If your concerned about stretch, when you order your winners choice, request them in 452x. It's a bit more stable than 8125. I have some guys get 8125 on the string and 452x on the cables.
    I had Winners Choice 452x put on my Vulcan 3 months ago, best decision I could have made. I have used Crackers stings and cables. They are good but he is very busy and its a long wait. Have used H & M strings, good also. And have had Bucknasty strings and cables. They are good, I hear wait time is about 2 weeks on them.

I recently bought a string/cable set from Mikes Custom Strings for my Ovation. 452x. Blue/black string material with blue serving. Very nicely made and excellent service.
    He can be reached at bowhuntingmike@yahoo.com.

I'll see if I can figure out how to post a pic...

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    I recently bought a string/cable set from Mikes Custom Strings for my Ovation. 452x. Blue/black string material with blue serving. Very nicely made and excellent service.

Ron

If you can't get it posted, send it to me @ jcmorgan31@verizon.net and I'll post them for you....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Thanks for the offer JC.

Figured it out, pretty cool, had to resize images though.

Blueberry Ovation, the current weapon of choice for the Greencastle R-100, with Mike's custom strings. I don't think the pics do the string/cable justice though.

Ron
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks great! Nice bow

rick
    No catchy signature here.....

Quote Originally Posted by thehairlessone! View Post
    looks great! Nice bow

rick
    Thanks, it was a bit of a work in progress until recently. I bought the bow from a gentleman from Wisconsin who sometimes posts on this site. When I got it from him it was in perfect condition. I put more wear and scratches on it than he did I think...

Ron

Slippy for President! Doc Holliday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post

Ron
    http://www.mikes-archery.com/id1.html

This guy?

He has some real nice prices.
    Never buy reloads from a man named Stumpy, Lefty or Nub

http://www.thefiringline.com/HCI/molon_labe.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    http://www.mikes-archery.com/id1.html

This guy?

He has some real nice prices.
    Yes, that's Mike.
    Cost me $30 for a string/cable set. My choice of colors for material, center and end serving. 452x.

Ron