You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Something new to talk about

Here is something new to talk about:

Please define/explain the single most important aspect that has improved your shooting during this 2007 season.

My advancement was finally admitting that my draw length is shorter than I had been shooting for the past 20 years. After dropping my draw length by one inch, I learned that I now have much more stability and accuracy.

Now to work on this target panic problem that has developed for no reason whatsoever.
    www.livingstongunclub.org
    www.jimposten.com for the finest stabilizers in the world
    www.meanvarchery.com Custom String Suppression for that shot of a lifetime
    Add some custom bling with a www.slingbraid.com

Practice - Practice - Practice!!!!

Last year I was averaging shooting 2-3 3D shoots a weekend/ week and shooting every other dayÖ and now I have only gotten to about 10 3Ds this year and shoot maybe once a week. All this reflects in my score!!!

There is no advancement for me in 2007 --- I stunk last year and Iím progressively getting worse.

The single thing that has help me shoot better was shooting a spot league during the winter. I was amazed at my shooting when I got back outside and put a target up at thirty yards.

Site Guru

Trying to figure out how to judge yardage, I got a lot of work to go but its getting there.
    No I'm not dead

It was the first time I ever did indoor 5 spot league. It was fun but I'm not sure it improved my shooting. I did get a bit better each week then the wheels fell off the last couple of weeks. I need to get some coaching and have somebody check my draw length and form and make some suggestions. Of course I keep saying that but never do it.

Ron

well I went to a thumb release.......

also as of a couple of days ago, I learned that if you wait until the pin is steady, on the center of the target, its alot easier to het the center
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post

also as of a couple of days ago, I learned that if you wait until the pin is steady, on the center of the target, its alot easier to het the center
    Famous last words...

Ron

I started shooting from the cubs stake

Serieously, I think shortining up my DL made one of the biggest possitive changes for my scores. Equipment upgrades are always nice as well. It definately helps your confidance when you have good stuff.

Like my new Vortex Binos, I finally have a set of eyes worth using to prepare for my shot. THANKS BIGCOUNTRY

JIM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Famous last words...

Ron
    STABMAN.... Stabilizing the world one bow at a time.

For me it was practicing and getting rid of my T.P. I still have it a bit, but not nearly as bad. Not to say that I am still worth the darn, but I finally shot a 300 this year.
    Hook 'Em Horns

I got a new bow, a new release, lots of newer faster arrows, and finally took some time to focus on what I was doing. After all this, I now don't have time to go shoot more than once a week

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    I got a new bow, a new release, lots of newer faster arrows, and finally took some time to focus on what I was doing. After all this, I now don't have time to go shoot more than once a week
    Oh yeah...like wheels pointed out, of course I threw lots of money at it as well. New Stuff=Shoot Better
    Hook 'Em Horns

For me it has been an increased knowledge of tearing a bow down and tuning it. I have learned to not only learned to serve strings, time cams, and set tiller but to how better set up and tune a bow.

I also have shot my first 5 spot round last month and have found each time I do get a chance to shoot those lil things, I am getting better and better at the accuracy thing at longer ranges.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    New Breed Archery-Genetix 28.5"/ 60lbs & 365gr. = 285 FPS
    New Breed Archery- Eclipse 65/28.5" & 370gr. = 291 FPS
    Bowtech- 82nd Airborne 28.5"/ 60lbs. & 325gr. = 327 FPS
    Strother Archery- SR-71 28.5"/65lbs. & 370gr. = 303 FPS

got a new bow that actually fit me, had been shooting too short a draw length.. and just got a new stabilizer, finally my bow has balance!! and am shooting alot better now.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

I just go to the 3d course and find myself one of those pennsylvania pencil pushers and have him score for us. I always find myself shooting better when one of those guys are with me. I guess shooting with them brings your level of shooting up somehow. I dont know how but it does.

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    I just go to the 3d course and find myself one of those pennsylvania pencil pushers and have him score for us. I always find myself shooting better when one of those guys are with me. I guess shooting with them brings your level of shooting up somehow. I dont know how but it does.
    maybe there not pushing the pencil....maybe there are just not sure of the scorring system.....

Well it's a continual learning experience for me since I really started shooting in Feb 07. Got me my nice HOYT and all that necessary bling. We're doing more distance shooting lately and that has actually helped me alot. Amazing how you see your problems the farther back you go. I've been working on my form, mostly making sure i'm not shifting my left hip forward, hard to feel if you're doing that but I'm working on it. I'm pretty brutal on myself if I don't get in the x ring indoors I figure I've dumped that shot LOL. Oh, working more on those up and down shots...I HATE THOSEEEEE, but it's the bend at the waist issue. I shoot pretty well under "pressure" on league nights I do very well. Came in 1st with another fella last week. The guys do everything they can to distract me but to no avail

The biggest thing though is to have fun which we do...and keep working on form and the ole BT release. Best sport I can think of ...the people have been great and it's lots of fun.

I just couldn't ever shoot a real bambi...ewwww killing those cute big brown eyed critters...maybe a turkey but not a bambi .
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    maybe there not pushing the pencil....maybe there are just not sure of the scorring system.....
    you mean the scoring system where you only mark the targets you want or the one where all bowman's 10's are marked as 5's instead?
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    you mean the scoring system where you only mark the targets you want or the one where all bowman's 10's are marked as 5's instead?
    I will be keeping score at the r100

So far, in all honesty. I have showed no improvement for 2007. I started off the 3D season ok, and got progressively worse. Mostly caused by a bad case of Target Panic. I have been trying to get comfortable enough with the back tension release to shoot 3D with it, and just lately, decided I had nothing to lose, as it seems to be the only thing that helps my TP. I'm writing off 2007 as a rebuilding/learning year.

I have not shot nearly as much this year so my accuracy is getting worse. And I thought there was no way for that to happen.

Now my TP is creeping back also.

"HONDA"