You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Elite Synergy- my review

OK, OK, First off, If you know me, you know I was dying to get my hands on an Elite from the get-go. Then came the "Bash my Ex_employer threads and to top it off, I recieved my emails from Walla Walla stating no LH bows for 07 were gonna be produced....
    Glad to see Elite did the right thing and got some out.
    Going with my first instinct, I decided to buy one to see what if it was "Hype" or "Hysteria" I see on the so many threads on the net now days.....
    Please keep in mind these are my opinions and if you are hurt by what I say, close the thread and go somewhere else and don't let your "fan boy" pride get blemished.

The last few hours of work today seemed to drag on by after the phone call from the Mrs. stating a large box with Elite Archery on the side was delivered to the door.
    Once home, it was stripping the Army ACUs off and into my lounging outfit to get this baby unpacked and fondled.
    From the moment I grabbed it, I was already seeing some nice details.
    Not only did it feel pretty light for a long riser parallel bow but, the camo color was looking alot sweeter in person than I had expected.
    Clear crisp camo dip process with only 2 small air bubble marks on the whole bow.
    Elite Synergy- my review - General Archery Forum
    The string color although they would not be my first choice in colors was better in person than pictured. The string seems better built than some I have seen but I have been told about the 24 strand thickness being an issue in the cam channels and a lil slower in speeds as well.
    The machining on the cams was a lil on the rough side and actually disappointing to see.
    A quality I have seen before in newer "smaller" bow companies in the past.
    Powder coat is always a better finish in my opinion and the thinner anodizing of the K8 cams shows the machine marks rather easily.
    The axle pins seem to be anodized a darker color, which seems to be a nice touch and I would think will help prevent rust as well.
    What really got my attention was the silver logo on the riser, very nice touch, I believe Kevin calls it a coin and is a very attractive detail.
    On the downside, the grips were a lil less than desirable. They fit well in the hand and are silky smooth but I did notice one grip is already very loose and seems to not want to tighten up. The edges are also a lil off with the recessed machined curves of the riser slightly if you look up close.
    The string color although they would not be my first choice in colors was better in person than pictured. The string seems better built than some I have seen but I have been told about the 24 strand thickness being an issue in the cam channels and a lil slower in speeds as well.
    After looking thru the box, I found there was no manual that came with the bow and was reliant upon going to Elite's internet site for info and specs. For me the manual is a must and am very surprised now days to get a new bow without a manual.
    It did come with a birth cert. stating the bow shot a 350 grain arrow at 29" draw at 323.4 FPS and a warranty card.
    My Daughter loved looking at the bow and was very impressed with the Elite Hat as well and graciously modeled it for me.
    So now onto the “meat and potatoes”………………
    Upon setting the bow up with a Diamond Hostage rest and Scoil, the standard equipment I use on all my bows to get the first shots off, I headed to my garage to play with it thru the chrony with the same 361 grain Goldtip 5575XT that I use in my Ross bow and Bowtech Tribute speed tests in hand....
    The Synergy came with the Smooth mods on it and at first pull I was astonished at how similar it was to my 71.5 pound Tribute with speed mods.
    VERY VERY nice smooth draw, no humps, no bumps and a good solid wall.
    At 70.3 lbs of draw and the mods set to 28.5 inches, the Elite fired the 361 grain arrows at 305, 306, 305, 305, 305, and 305. This speed was 3 FPS faster than my 28.5 inch (Crackerized) Tribute set at 71.5 inches of draw. There was a slight vibe at the shot but I think the loose grip had a lil something to do with it and am sure once an STS is installed this bow would shoot as well as the other top speed bows. I was hoping to switch to the included speed mods but when I got to looking at the bow I see you gotta use a torx bit to take the mods off and my trusty toolbox is at my office so will have to wait another day. The bow is not bad to shoot at all, in fact this morning I had to take an Army Physical Fitness Test and after 2 minutes of "going for broke" on the push up event, I figured I would have a heck of a time pulling the bow today. Not so, I found the draw a lil stiff at first like many other faster cam'd bows but rolled over nicely.
    All in all, the bow seems to be a nice edition to Today’s Speed bows.
    A better machining process in the eccentrics, assigning an owners manual to each bow, and better strings/ cables in my opinion will get this bow even more attainable heights.....
    New Breed Archery-Genetix 28.5"/ 60lbs & 365gr. = 285 FPS
    New Breed Archery- Eclipse 65/28.5" & 370gr. = 291 FPS
    Bowtech- 82nd Airborne 28.5"/ 60lbs. & 325gr. = 327 FPS
    Strother Archery- SR-71 28.5"/65lbs. & 370gr. = 303 FPS

aren't they vapor trail strings?
    Hook 'Em Horns

Thumbs up

I had a feeling if they ever got you a lefty made you would be back on this side of the fence. Very good review and the cutie was a nice touch.

Site Guru

Glad you like it but I just gotta say it... You upped the draw by .3 pounds, reduced the DL by .5 of an inch (is that according to your measurements or is that according to Elite sending the bow to you?), your arrow is 11 Grains heavier... and you lost 20 FPS!

That seems a bit extreme as the .3 pounds of Draw weight increase should have come close to offsetting the 11 grains and the 1/2 an inch DL reduction should have only cost you 5 FPS.

Not to be a jerk but I think they used their same Magic Chrono that they shot the Envy's through... you dropped 20 fps!

Sounds like they are "cutting costs" by dropping the Manual and lowering the QC.

How much did you pay for the bow again?
    No I'm not dead

Great looking bow and fantastic review. Your daughter is a doll, have you got your hat back yet??

"HONDA"

Dred, I am shooting the bow at the same poundage that is on the Birth cert. (70.3) I just adjusted the draw mod down a bit.
    I am not even sure if the cams are timed correctly yet.
    I didn't say it was the fastest thing out and I do know the Tribute has a slower IBO rating but that was my favorite speed bow to compare it to.
    The Synergy is not as fast as I thought but it is smoother than I thought it would be.
    I do know once I get rid of these heavy stranded and very dry Vapor Trail strings, it will shoot a lil better.

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Great looking bow and fantastic review. Your daughter is a doll, have you got your hat back yet??
    yea, only cause she went to sleep.

nice review....now how come they dont have any dealers in NY??
    I cut things up and split them down!

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    nice review....now how come they dont have any dealers in NY??
    I know the answer to that one! We can discuss tomorrow over beers (well you can have root beer)
    No I'm not dead

Good review Mike. It is nice to an unbiased one

Rick
    No catchy signature here.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I know the answer to that one! We can discuss tomorrow over beers (well you can have root beer)
    damb I knew I forgot to get something

Yea, the bow is not bad.
    It has potential if I get it crackerized like my Tribute or Allegiance and slap on a STS........

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    as long as i dont get your pepsi.....again....

Quote Originally Posted by mdewitt71 View Post
    Yea, the bow is not bad.
    It has potential if I get it crackerized like my Tribute or Allegiance and slap on a STS........
    it doesnt sound like you are over-impressed with it?

rick
    No catchy signature here.....

As far as how impressed and overall quality,
    I posted this on another forum this morning-

I got the grip issue solved by placing some moleskin behind the grips to keep em from rotating......a one piece will be in the works in the future.

I also mounted a Drop Zone rest and a G5 peep on it last night, the strings seem to have a slight peep rotation but I do have it coming back square at full draw everytime.
    Project "Crackerized" with be the very next step to give the bow it's final judgement.

Will I own 3 Elite's like my Ross bows?
    Right now based on just this one model, I doubt it, but I really have to use for three speed bows too, I really love my Ross bows for blinds and trees, and use a speed bow more for 3D and spot and stalk.
    Not that it is a bad bow, I would give it a 8.5 outta 10.
    I told myself I would buy this one to check it out and shoot it so I could base my judgment on FACTS and not beliefs.
    This bow is nice but for the price, I expect it to be on par or out in the front with the others in todays market in the future.......
    Yes, Yes, maybe mine is the "only" one with these flaws, but in my eyes it still made it past QA/QC dept. to hit the streets.
    Had the flaws I saw not been on the bow it would be a solid 9 or even a 9.5, hence I will set it up the way I want it, shoot it some more and if all else fails it will be in the classifieds to fund a 08 or 09 Bowtech, APA, or HCA when I get back from Iraq.

What a suprise DREDLY finds an issue with a post about Elite and then Bowman shows up and they hijack it.

Anyway, when you set that thing up put it on a draw board and have your draw stop peg make contact with the limb at the same time the cable stops touch the cables. The peg will be a little off of where they tell you to put it but you will get a considerable pickup in speed with it set up this way. It drops the let-off down a bit.

FYI= mentioning Elite over here will draw criticism from some people who have never shot one.
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

Quote Originally Posted by "SIN"ERGY View Post

FYI= mentioning Elite over here will draw criticism from some people who have never shot one.
    That is exactly why I bought it, I too criticised Elite without owning one....
    I still think they need to work on the business skills and do have a lil work to do, but they are a young company that had a rough start.
    It is a nice bow.....

Just got back from shooting it again-
    Installed a STS, Trophy Ridge Drop Zone Rest and a G5 meta peep.
    361 grains Goldtip 5575 @ 304, 304, 305, 305, 305, 304.
    350s grains Goldtip 30X @ 308, 310, 308, 308, 308, 310.

13-14 FPS loss from 29" at the Factory Speed cert. after adjusting a half inch less of draw and installing loop & peep.

I had 28.5" draw set at 72lbs with a 360grain arrow= 312fps
    (that was with the stop peg where they tell u to put it)

I set it the way I stated in the previous post and it went up to 317 fps

G5 peep and loop. No silencers on the string just the factory placed speed buttons.
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

BARNSDALE LIMBS= NO CRACKS!!

Just ask BOWTECHER he has had limb problems with his Allegiance. He seems to be in hiding lately. He just has trouble with his spelling and grammar
    Elite Status

I've never shot one, but I can't thing of anything bad to say....

I do think they have some of the best looking camo patterns and limb combinations. Some of them look down right sexy......

Great review mdewitt. Thanks for taking the time....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps