You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Postal Service Sucks

So Ronhop is a swell fella and has an extra 1/8" aperture for a super ball peep that he hasn't used for a year and sends it to me. My aperture is way too small I have decided.....I get his envelope today and it is torn to shreds by the post office. The side appears to be opened with a pocket knife if you ask me and half the front is ripped wide open. I hate the post office
    Hook 'Em Horns

That sucks. I have actually had really good luck with the USPS lately so I am not going to say anything to jinx it
    That course was so easy I even missed a target !!

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hook Em View Post
    So Ronhop is a swell fella and has an extra 1/8" aperture for a super ball peep that he hasn't used for a year and sends it to me. My aperture is way too small I have decided.....I get his envelope today and it is torn to shreds by the post office. The side appears to be opened with a pocket knife if you ask me and half the front is ripped wide open. I hate the post office
    But were they kind enough to enclose the destroyed envelope in a ziploc w/ an apology note? We've gotten several netflix envelopes that were ripped open w/ no DVD inside and they just put it in a ziploc and a not that says "sorry for this but there is nothing you can do to recover your property."
    No I'm not dead

nope...just delivered it as/is. Seriously....why even deliver an empty, ripped up envelope? Just to taunt me?
    Hook 'Em Horns

We ship very little by USPS because it is a HUGE hassle anytime something goes wrong.

UPS is expensive but it normally (knock on wood) gets there in one piece.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Hook'em. Maybe I should think about changing. Everything I ship goes USPS and so far no problems.

"HONDA"

I ship thousands of items a year by USPS and the cost saving to the customer is huge. They are not always consistent on delivery times. Sometimes amazingly fast and sometimes very slow, but I have very few things not make it in Good condition. I can only think of 1 offhand. I do offer othe shipping options, but the cost is much higher

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

I almost had the same troubles. But the lens was barley in it. I found out what happened. Never send small items in a plain envelope. When it goes through the machines, the roller catch the item and tare the envelope all to crap. Always use a padded envelope and they sort them different
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

any deals that I have ever done here or on AT.....If I am sending a M.O., I box it up in a chainsaw chain box and ship it UPS that way.....

Only one time I did not do this, and now I am in the process of a filling a postal investagation, because the person says they never got it....they are sending me the item, but I still would like to know where that money order went
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    Never send small items in a plain envelope. When it goes through the machines, the roller catch the item and tare the envelope all to crap. Always use a padded envelope and they sort them different
    That's exactly what I always do

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Banned

I have one I can send you if you want to try it again

Man, I tried to pack that thing pretty well. I guess I'm not surprised. I should have just went down the street to the postoffice and bought one of those little bubble-wrap envelopes.
    Sorry about that, I was hoping I could get that to someone who could use it. Now it's in the hands of somebody that don't have a clue what it is.

Ron

I just had my very first problem with USPS. I sent a dozen wraps to England and after 3 1/2 weeks they never arrived. Now I'm reprinting them to send them again.....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

LMAO you guys are to much!!! If any of you think that ANY carrier has never lost, broke, tore, damaged or had a worker steal a package, envelope or some other item that someone has sent to someone else, you are living in a fantasy world..... im sure their are 100s of these that happen every day, with all the big dogs on the block, Maybee you should open a world wide shipping company of your own and try not to, dammage, rip, or loose a single item out of millions that are shipped each year.... I would be willing to lay a a fair amount of money on a bet saying you couldnt do it...... But pls do keep bashing other people for not being able to do it................

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
    LMAO you guys are to much!!! If any of you think that ANY carrier has never lost, broke, tore, damaged or had a worker steal a package, envelope or some other item that someone has sent to someone else, you are living in a fantasy world..... im sure their are 100s of these that happen every day, with all the big dogs on the block, Maybee you should open a world wide shipping company of your own and try not to, dammage, rip, or loose a single item out of millions that are shipped each year.... I would be willing to lay a a fair amount of money on a bet saying you couldnt do it...... But pls do keep bashing other people for not being able to do it................
    WOW..........I never bashed anyone in my post buddy.

So I take it you are a postal worker???

Fill out your additional info in you profile.

"HONDA"

WOW, Round here we call this letting off steam, not bashing. People are just letting him know its happened to them too. Besides dont want anyone going postal
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

I just said I'd had my first problem. I didn't say I'd had my last......
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by ib4hoyt View Post
    Hey RIFF RAFF wake up boy. What happened..........late night????

"HONDA"

Slippy for President! Doc Holliday's Avatar

The post office has been berry berry good to me.

I've always had good luck with the postal service.
    Never buy reloads from a man named Stumpy, Lefty or Nub

http://www.thefiringline.com/HCI/molon_labe.htm