You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Windy!!!, Anyone seeing deer?

It is wet and windy this weekend. Anyone have any good buck sightings?

I sure haven't. The last 48 hours i noticed even the birds and squirrels are hiding out. I highly doubt you will see too much during high winds. They aren't stupid, they know if its windy they cant hear possible predators. They will usually go bed down and ride it out.
    Im gonna be going out in about another hour and winds are supposed to be a little more tame this morning.

Whats sad is that the my latest buck sighting was a 8 pointer...and he had gotten in a fight with a Buick Century........He is now resting well in my freezer.

I got in the stand at 6:15a.m. (had to work last night).... And at 6:45a.m. along comes what looked like a 4 pointer at about 70yds. He was sniffing around and didnt have a clue I was there. He moped around that area for about 5-10mins then slowly trotted off. I rattled my "antler bag" and he swung around at 140yds but did not seem to show any interest in coming over closer for a look. (I would NOT have taken him, just wanted a closer look).
    I managed to stumble on a decent area that is located in federal government grounds of all places and have NOT seen anyone around for about 3 weeks now. I got down from my stand at 9:35a.m. and just ahd to go investigate 3 rubs that I could see 20yds from my stand. One was a 4" pine that was torn all to hell and about 10yds or so from into the thicket was a 3ft scrape!!! (Gotta Love Illinois Bucks) The other 2 rubs were on small 1.5" trees that were less than 2ft apart!
    I know the pine was made last night because it wasnt there yesterday morning. I dont recall seeing the other 2 either. So I might just setup there later today and WELL BEFORE sunrise in the morning!
    Good luck to all.

Wow, probablly no chance of you giving up this hot spot is there?

You can have it.......as soon as I take the monster that lives there home with me!

Saw a big buck cruising today. He was cutting across a large picked bean field heading for standing corn. A friend shot a nice 8 pointer yesterday morning. He said does were running everywhere.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies