You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default custom string booboo

I need to vent a little to everyone out there that buys custom strings. I just purchased a new set of strings and cables from a custom string maker. I have had problems getting my cam lined up just right and my center serving was off by and inch or so. Well looking closer, I noticed some defects that the string has that I normally dont see with new strings. For one, the serving on the string and cables are loose in two different areas, and two, the string is 3/4 longer than what I ordered. Good thing they were cheaper than Winners Choice.
    Be sure to pick your string makers wisely!

Most will make it right
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

There are 2 or 3 that post on this site that are very good.
    Mikes custom strings and custom Cody strings are 2 of them. I have 2 sets from Mike and they are excellent and at less than half the price of Winner's Choice or Vapor Trail and definitely better quiality than VT. VT will be a fall back, at best, Mikes are excellent.
    Custom Cody strings have also received quite a bit of praise on this site. His look like a good candidate too.

Also when you order custom straings/cable(s) you need to be sure the string builder has all of the information pertinent to your bow, model, year, string length, cable length, etc.... Minimally... It also makes sense, when in doubt, to measure the length of the end servings from the loops and measure the width of the center serving and it's relation to the top or bottom cam/idler to make sure the builder has all of the info they need.

Good luck.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    There are 2 or 3 that post on this site that are very good.
    Mikes custom strings and custom Cody strings are 2 of them. I have 2 sets from Mike and they are excellent and at less than half the price of Winner's Choice or Vapor Trail and definitely better quiality than VT. VT will be a fall back, at best, Mikes are excellent.
    Custom Cody strings have also received quite a bit of praise on this site. His look like a good candidate too.

Also when you order custom straings/cable(s) you need to be sure the string builder has all of the information pertinent to your bow, model, year, string length, cable length, etc.... Minimally... It also makes sense, when in doubt, to measure the length of the end servings from the loops and measure the width of the center serving and it's relation to the top or bottom cam/idler to make sure the builder has all of the info they need.

Good luck.

Ron

That's the reason why I believe it bothers me more than anything!!! I gave him the measurements from top to bottom, in between servings, serving lengths, etc.... He still got it wrong!!! I even thought my calculations were wrong so I went back and re-measured everything from the zebra string it originally had and came out dead even with the last measurement. I heard good things about this guy too!

Quote Originally Posted by FFWilson View Post
    That's the reason why I believe it bothers me more than anything!!! I gave him the measurements from top to bottom, in between servings, serving lengths, etc.... He still got it wrong!!! I even thought my calculations were wrong so I went back and re-measured everything from the zebra string it originally had and came out dead even with the last measurement. I heard good things about this guy too!
    I would go for getting your money back and try Mikes or Cody's...
    They both have posts in the classifieds area.

Ron