You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member SilentSniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, IN
    Posts
    146

    Default Indoor League Questions

    Alright I have a couple of questions for you 3d shooters. A local shop here is buying a new building and it is going to have a pretty nice shooting facility that goes with it. They are going to have leagues later on in the year etc. My question is what should I expect when I join this league? I don't have 3d bow, but I assume they will have a hunter class. I know that all leagues are different, but in general what is it like. I have never been to a league shoot, 3d shoot anything. Thanks
    BowTech Guardian 66lbs @ 26 inches
    Trophy Ridge DropeZone
    Gold Tip Arrows
    FOB Fletchings

  2. #2
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    They will most likely have several different classes to accomodate Open, Hunter, traditional, youth, etc... They may not have many different yardage stakes since it's inside and they will not have the distance flexibility like they would outdoors but for the purpose of comparing scores they will very likely have several different classes.

    I'd encourage you to try out a 3D shoot. They are simply a ton of fun. Assuming you have a bow suitable for hunting just shoot from the hunter class stakes. Just try it and have fun.

    Ron

  3. #3
    Slippy for President Hook Em's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    At Home in Texas
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    They will most likely have several different classes to accomodate Open, Hunter, traditional, youth, etc... They may not have many different yardage stakes since it's inside and they will not have the distance flexibility like they would outdoors but for the purpose of comparing scores they will very likely have several different classes.

    I'd encourage you to try out a 3D shoot. They are simply a ton of fun. Assuming you have a bow suitable for hunting just shoot from the hunter class stakes. Just try it and have fun.

    Ron
    agreed...3D is all kinds of fun. Once you try it, you will get hooked.
    Hook 'Em Horns

  4. #4
    Senior Member SilentSniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, IN
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hook Em View Post
    agreed...3D is all kinds of fun. Once you try it, you will get hooked.
    Just them talking about it made me want the league to hurry up and get started. I am just the only one in my family that bow hunts, and the only one of my hunting partners that bow hunts. I am kinda the odd ball of the group. I just don't want to get into the league and look like ars.

    If anyone is from So. Indiana area, Evansville etc. Let me know. Always looking to learn.
    BowTech Guardian 66lbs @ 26 inches
    Trophy Ridge DropeZone
    Gold Tip Arrows
    FOB Fletchings

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSniper View Post
    Just them talking about it made me want the league to hurry up and get started. I am just the only one in my family that bow hunts, and the only one of my hunting partners that bow hunts. I am kinda the odd ball of the group. I just don't want to get into the league and look like ars.

    If anyone is from So. Indiana area, Evansville etc. Let me know. Always looking to learn.
    Looks like your the only normal one!!!!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member SilentSniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, IN
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
    Looks like your the only normal one!!!!!
    It's funny because they all get flustered because I'm hunting our spots 2 months before they get to.
    BowTech Guardian 66lbs @ 26 inches
    Trophy Ridge DropeZone
    Gold Tip Arrows
    FOB Fletchings

  7. #7
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSniper View Post
    Just them talking about it made me want the league to hurry up and get started. I am just the only one in my family that bow hunts, and the only one of my hunting partners that bow hunts. I am kinda the odd ball of the group. I just don't want to get into the league and look like ars.

    If anyone is from So. Indiana area, Evansville etc. Let me know. Always looking to learn.
    JCMORGAN is from Orange Co. I'm not sure how far you are from him but you may want drop him a PM.


    "HONDA"

Similar Threads

  1. Indoor League Novelty ideas?
    By Chris in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-27-2013, 10:04 AM
  2. 4th Annual Indoor 300 league at Obsession Archery
    By Chris in forum Tournament Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 12:55 AM
  3. Archery League status and questions
    By NealLauderman in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 07:08 PM
  4. 3Dshoots.com Vegas Style Indoor League
    By jcmorgan31 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 12:34 AM
  5. Archery Plus Winter Indoor League
    By archeryplus in forum Tournament Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2005, 09:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •