You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default hey guys....boy did I just get a scare

I spent the last 4 hours in the E.R........

I was at work and everything was fine, then all of a sudden.....I loose the vision in my right eye.....this has happened in the past but never have I had a headache and sick to my stomach at the same time......I had my very edge peripheral but the center was completely dark

My first thought was migraine but the doctors dont think so.....

and I couldnt remember when the last time it happened until my best man reminded me that it had happened the morning of the wedding when we went fishing....it only lasted for a few minutes that day.....

so anyway the nurse gets a little rushed and sends me for a cat scan.....the doctor wants me to get an MRI, but tells me that my insurance will deny one or the other if they are done on the same day....so now I have to wait till wed, when I can see my primary and have him send me for an MRI...

so now I am pretty worried.....

I just want to know what it is.....so that I can stop thinking about it......
    I cut things up and split them down!

bowman,
    that sucks. I hope you get to feeling better and get it figured out.

rick
    No catchy signature here.....

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    I spent the last 4 hours in the E.R........

I was at work and everything was fine, then all of a sudden.....I loose the vision in my right eye.....this has happened in the past but never have I had a headache and sick to my stomach at the same time......I had my very edge peripheral but the center was completely dark

My first thought was migraine but the doctors dont think so.....

and I couldnt remember when the last time it happened until my best man reminded me that it had happened the morning of the wedding when we went fishing....it only lasted for a few minutes that day.....

so anyway the nurse gets a little rushed and sends me for a cat scan.....the doctor wants me to get an MRI, but tells me that my insurance will deny one or the other if they are done on the same day....so now I have to wait till wed, when I can see my primary and have him send me for an MRI...

so now I am pretty worried.....

I just want to know what it is.....so that I can stop thinking about it......
    What makes them think it is not a migraine? I know that a bad headache and nausea together can be of some concern. Maybe after you bumped your head etc. If you have a history of migraines I wouldn't be to concerned. If I got worried everytime that I threw up because of one I would be worried all the time. If you had something really wrong with you they would have seen it on the the CT anyway.
    BowTech Guardian 66lbs @ 26 inches
    Trophy Ridge DropeZone
    Gold Tip Arrows
    FOB Fletchings

Ha bud PM me your phone number.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSniper View Post
    What makes them think it is not a migraine? I know that a bad headache and nausea together can be of some concern. Maybe after you bumped your head etc. If you have a history of migraines I wouldn't be to concerned. If I got worried everytime that I threw up because of one I would be worried all the time. If you had something really wrong with you they would have seen it on the the CT anyway.
    yeah but in the past there was no pain or nausa(sp)

Bowman, I hope your ok! Let us know what they find out.. My husband had that happen to him this weekend at a shoot in the hot sun all day.. worries me!
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Unhappy

I hope that everything is OK with your tests. We will say a prayed for you.
    Please let us know how everthing comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    Bowman, I hope your ok! Let us know what they find out.. My husband had that happen to him this weekend at a shoot in the hot sun all day.. worries me!
    did he have any pain???

and by the way thanks for the prayers but I am not one to ask for much.....

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    did he have any pain???

and by the way thanks for the prayers but I am not one to ask for much.....
    No, no pain..
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    No, no pain..
    Did he stop sweating? If so that is the start of heat stroke setting in.
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

I will tell you one thing.Carrying around some salt tabs is a smart thing in the heat. Heat stroke kills a lot of people every year. It comes on quick and the only warning signs I know for sure is you stop sweating.

I get migraines if I try to go to long without caffeine. But I never have any vision trouble. Hope everything turns out fine.....
    Where would America be without the "gun totting redneck"?

Quote Originally Posted by goldflinger View Post
    I get migraines if I try to go to long without caffeine. But I never have any vision trouble. Hope everything turns out fine.....
    I know about those, I get them when I go 2 or more mornings with out coffee....

wow Bowman...that stinks! I hope everything turns out well...I'm sure it will. So do you have your vision back?...or did they send you home until the test Wed?

Quote Originally Posted by pink camo View Post
    wow Bowman...that stinks! I hope everything turns out well...I'm sure it will. So do you have your vision back?...or did they send you home until the test Wed?
    I have my vision back now...

nope it always last for about 3 hours....then its gone for 6 months or so.....

I had forgoten all about the 15 minute episode on the morning of my wedding.....

Bowman,

When I get my migraines it starts with my vision going "out of focus". Kinda seems like I need glasses. This last for 10-15 minutes. Then I get the aura. This will usually start in one eye and travel to the other. In about 30 mins or so I am 90 blind. I cannot drive or anything. Then comes the headache. When the headache starts I get really really sick. I don't vommit all time, but it is only because I do my best not to. Like I said they did a CT. If there is anything there or suspect then they will/should have seen it. An MRI will give them a more detailed image of something they want to look at. I've been in your shoes before. The best thing for you to do is to stay off all the MD websites. I had a blocked salivary gland on my lip and after 2 hours of being on the internet I diagnosed myself with cancer. The question is.....was anything seen on the CT?
    BowTech Guardian 66lbs @ 26 inches
    Trophy Ridge DropeZone
    Gold Tip Arrows
    FOB Fletchings

Probably side effects from the Holy Smokes BEAT DOWN

Seriously, hope you are ok...
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

Bowman,

When I get my migraines it starts with my vision going "out of focus". Kinda seems like I need glasses. This last for 10-15 minutes. Then I get the aura. This will usually start in one eye and travel to the other. In about 30 mins or so I am 90 blind. I cannot drive or anything. Then comes the headache. When the headache starts I get really really sick. I don't vommit all time, but it is only because I do my best not to. Like I said they did a CT. If there is anything there or suspect then they will/should have seen it. An MRI will give them a more detailed image of something they want to look at. I've been in your shoes before. The best thing for you to do is to stay off all the MD websites. I had a blocked salivary gland on my lip and after 2 hours of being on the internet I diagnosed myself with cancer. The question is.....was anything seen on the CT?
    nothing on the ct scan.....I dont even know what the MD websites are......

although when we were trying to figure out Maries problem, her grandmother used something on the internet, and had her hodgkins diagnosed before the doctors did......and she was 100% right

Quote Originally Posted by "SIN"ERGY View Post
    Probably side effects from the Holy Smokes BEAT DOWN

Seriously, hope you are ok...
    man if only this happened that day.....hehehe.....could have used that....

Bowman,

I agree 100% about the MD sights and Ive had the same as you sniper since I was a kid it comes and goes though sometimes a year before I have one that bad had the CT also I wouldnt worry yourself Bowman thats the worse thing you can do all it causes is anxiety just chill and shoot your Bow youll be fine Bro.