You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 74
  1. #21
    Senior Member J.A.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    I will tell you one thing.Carrying around some salt tabs is a smart thing in the heat. Heat stroke kills a lot of people every year. It comes on quick and the only warning signs I know for sure is you stop sweating.
    I think your right.. and i intend on getting some salt tabs. It was in the 90's and very humid here, i was on tagert 25 when i stopped sweating,got cold chills, goosebumps.. i drank more water and rested, and felt better aftera bit..we both drank lots and lots of water.. But neither of us thought enough ahead to bring gatorade or similar..his vision went blury, wasnt having chills, but said he wasnt hot.. i put cold rags on him anyway and got him a gatorade.. not a good feeling... will be better prepared next time..

    sucks getting old.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

  2. #22
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxSPOTTSxx View Post
    I agree 100% about the MD sights and Ive had the same as you sniper since I was a kid it comes and goes though sometimes a year before I have one that bad had the CT also I wouldnt worry yourself Bowman thats the worse thing you can do all it causes is anxiety just chill and shoot your Bow youll be fine Bro.
    I am goingto lay off the bow tonight but will be shooting tomorow....thats for sure....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  3. #23
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    I think your right.. and i intend on getting some salt tabs. It was in the 90's and very humid here, i was on tagert 25 when i stopped sweating,got cold chills, goosebumps.. i drank more water and rested, and felt better aftera bit..we both drank lots and lots of water.. But neither of us thought enough ahead to bring gatorade or similar..his vision went blury, wasnt having chills, but said he wasnt hot.. i put cold rags on him anyway and got him a gatorade.. not a good feeling... will be better prepared next time..

    sucks getting old.
    unfortunatly I dont think it has anything to do w/being old....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  4. #24
    Senior Member J.A.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    unfortunatly I dont think it has anything to do w/being old....
    oh... well, i like to blame alot of things on age... senility is one excuse.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

  5. #25
    One eyed/Gutless wonder QSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Buford Ga.
    Posts
    5,998

    Default

    Yes it sucks getting old (before your time) I have just went through all the Docs with the same problem as Bowman has. After all the test every thing showed fine. In great health he said. He thinks the vision problem I have is migraine Ora, with out the head aches. I never get head aches. I have learned how to keep from getting them. But I have had a foot doctor tell me my feet are used up. lol Just plain used up. Have you ever heard such a thing. So are quacks.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

  6. #26
    Senior Member J.A.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    Yes it sucks getting old (before your time) I have just went through all the Docs with the same problem as Bowman has. After all the test every thing showed fine. In great health he said. He thinks the vision problem I have is migraine Ora, with out the head aches. I never get head aches. I have learned how to keep from getting them. But I have had a foot doctor tell me my feet are used up. lol Just plain used up. Have you ever heard such a thing. So are quacks.
    Sounds like your Docs are the same as ours..
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

  7. #27
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default HA,Bowman!

    Ive had this kinda problem in the past!
    Get your eye sight checked.
    The headach's are cluster headachs
    I had them they pop up at certain times come from servier eye strain.
    Mine were from driving squenting looking at signs
    later that night i would be rolling in the floor with bad headachs this went on for a couple of years with mri & cts and scan after scan until the doctors sayed:your far-sighted at age 30
    Check your eyes, & hope thats all
    Last edited by kbohunt; 07-25-2007 at 07:13 PM.
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

  8. #28
    "THE REALITY CHECK" xxSPOTTSxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Muncie, In.
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    Yes it sucks getting old (before your time) I have just went through all the Docs with the same problem as Bowman has. After all the test every thing showed fine. In great health he said. He thinks the vision problem I have is migraine Ora, with out the head aches. I never get head aches. I have learned how to keep from getting them. But I have had a foot doctor tell me my feet are used up. lol Just plain used up. Have you ever heard such a thing. So are quacks.
    Looks like your ready for the glue factory QSA

  9. #29
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
    Ive had this kinda problem in the past!
    Get your eye sight checked.
    The headach's are cluster headachs
    I had them they pop up at certain times come from servier eye strain.
    Mine were from driving squenting looking at signs
    later that night i would be rolling in the floor with bad headachs this went on for a couple of years with mri & cts and scan after scan until the doctors sayed:your far-sighted at age 30
    Check your eyes, & hope thats all
    i am headed to the eye doctor as soon as I get the referal from my primary....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  10. #30
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxSPOTTSxx View Post
    Looks like your ready for the glue factory QSA
    dude thats not the least bit funny..........
    I cut things up and split them down!

  11. #31
    Senior Member MeanV2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SE Illinois
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Bowman, Keep us posted as to what you find out. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. We are all family here I'm sure everything will be fine.

    Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

  12. #32
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
    Bowman, Keep us posted as to what you find out. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. We are all family here I'm sure everything will be fine.

    Dan

    everything has to be fine........"I am gonna live forever if the good die young"
    I cut things up and split them down!

  13. #33
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Great!

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    i am headed to the eye doctor as soon as I get the referal from my primary....
    And ya,we do get old!
    If ya need any info about cluster headache's
    Or how to handle them call me!
    Ken
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

  14. #34
    One eyed/Gutless wonder QSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Buford Ga.
    Posts
    5,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxSPOTTSxx View Post
    Looks like your ready for the glue factory QSA
    Yep I have one foot in the bottle.

    But at least I do not have a PSE tattoo. lol
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

  15. #35

    Default

    Get yourself checked out thoroughly but don't drive yourself nuts until you know something for sure.

    Our prayers are with you.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

  16. #36
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Get yourself checked out thoroughly but don't drive yourself nuts until you know something for sure.

    Our prayers are with you.
    I know, I know....you would hate to loose your "poster" boy......

    I lost my sight not my sence of humor.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  17. #37
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,882

    Default

    Dude that sucks. I hope it just turns out to be bad eyes as KBO has suggested. And if only the good die young you are very safe. Be sure to keep us informed.


    "HONDA"

  18. #38
    Member Witchy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    41

    Default

    I hope everything turns out alright.

  19. #39
    Senior Member BowTechArch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Good Luck man.....

    We're pullin' for 'ya.........
    2008 82nd Airborne Realtree H/D Green, I shot the 101st first...and then the 82nd second...went with the 82nd FIRST....
    #65.16 @27.5", 26" 362 gr. Easton Nano 500, GrizzTricks, FOB = 320 fps, 82.33 ft./lbs. K.E., G5 Expert II
    2007 Commander Mossy Oak OBS #68.00 @??.?", 26" 383 gr. C/X Aramid 250, FOB = ??? fps
    www.angelfire.com/empire/realbow/buck1.html

  20. #40
    Senior Member jimposten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South East Michigan
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    so anyway the nurse gets a little rushed and sends me for a cat scan.....the doctor wants me to get an MRI, but tells me that my insurance will deny one or the other if they are done on the same day....so now I have to wait till wed, when I can see my primary and have him send me for an MRI...
    Does anyone else find this to be the most desturbing part of the story

    I am sure all will work out, and we are pulling for you that there isnt any serious issues Bowman.

    But You just gotta love the way insurance companies opporate
    STABMAN.... Stabilizing the world one bow at a time.

Similar Threads

  1. Do bear scare dear?
    By chevyguy619 in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 11:29 AM
  2. lighting scare
    By longcut36 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 08:21 PM
  3. ok here is one for you guys.....
    By BUNNYMAN in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 08:04 PM
  4. you guys are.....
    By BUNNYMAN in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 10:54 PM
  5. What do you guys think
    By Frank in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-27-2006, 11:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •