You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default hoyt xt2000 limbs 2002

Chris, you seem to be very knowledgable about bow set-ups and I was wondering if you could help me.I built a new set of strings for my 2002 ultratec hoyt with xt2000 limbs.What would be the proper procedure to re-string the entire bow.Oh, by the way ,it is a excel type solo cam with a 26.5in draw.Thanks for your anticipated help.If any one else would like to help, it would be most appreciated.

I need a little more information and what you are trying to do? I'm a little confused. You need help on "how-to" string the bow but you know how to build strings? Give me a little more information on what you are trying to do and I'll try to help you.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Chris, I want to completely restring a 2002 hoyt with excel cam.I was wondering if there was a certain procedure to follow in order to make it easier to get the whole thing to come into spec.I was also wondering proper cam position or should I say optimum cam positioning for the excel cam.I've made up the string and cables to original sizes that they require out of 450 premium which I had on hand.
    If you measure the ata on the rest side of the bow it is shorter than on the other side.Do you set axle to axle on the rest side or the other side?
    Is there measurement specs for the difference in ata depending on which side you measure/(is there a spec for the difference between left and right side ata).
    In the old days, we used to set cam position to get as close to advertised let-off as possible.We would measure peak and holding weight and do the math.
    I'm kinda new to this sight and noticed that there are procedures to re-do other bows and/or get them into spec and optimal shooting position.I was wondering if anybody had done this for the hoyts with the excel cams.I couln't find much in a search attempt.
    Let me know if you need more info .
    Capt Ace