You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1
    Junior Member georgiaboy83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    21

    Talking Which Mathew's is better?

    Trying to descide if the XT is better than the Drenalin. Some say it is some say the Drenalin is much better. I am looking for forgiveness, speed isn't everything to me. I am wanting a bow that I can shoot for a years, but also one I have convidence in as well.
    Hey yall, watch this!!!

  2. #2
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy83 View Post
    Trying to descide if the XT is better than the Drenalin. Some say it is some say the Drenalin is much better. I am looking for forgiveness, speed isn't everything to me. I am wanting a bow that I can shoot for a years, but also one I have convidence in as well.
    dont sell your self short.....look at the original Switchback also.....you can getthem cheaper and they are every bit as good as the other 2.....


    THAT BEING SAID.......did you shoot the 2 side by side???

    which one did YOU like better???
    I cut things up and split them down!

  3. #3
    Junior Member georgiaboy83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Yes I have shot both the Dreni and XT. I liked them both, just the XT was smoother to me. I have never owned a mathews and want to get the right bow for my first. The Mathews dealer hear only have 1 used XT, and I have to sell my old AR34 first. He said he can get a new one for 20 bucks less than a Dreni is. Dreni $699, Brand new XT $679, or the used one is $500 but looks new. What you think???
    Hey yall, watch this!!!

  4. #4
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy83 View Post
    Yes I have shot both the Dreni and XT. I liked them both, just the XT was smoother to me. I have never owned a mathews and want to get the right bow for my first. The Mathews dealer hear only have 1 used XT, and I have to sell my old AR34 first. He said he can get a new one for 20 bucks less than a Dreni is. Dreni $699, Brand new XT $679, or the used one is $500 but looks new. What you think???
    so the XT was smoother and that was the only difference??

    does the XT fit you?

    if the only difference you noticed was it was smoother and its is $200, I dont need to tell you which one I would choose.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  5. #5
    Junior Member georgiaboy83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I loved the XT, the only thing I like more about the Dreni was it is lighter. This is a hard decision, should I just spend the 200 bucks for the latest and greates or save the money for asseccories? Need you opinion, what you think?
    Last edited by georgiaboy83; 07-29-2007 at 03:09 PM.
    Hey yall, watch this!!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member J.C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,681

    Default

    Buy the used XT and get better accessories with the money left over.

  7. #7
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    Buy the used XT and get better accessories with the money left over.
    yup thats my thought also.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  8. #8
    Member philg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Texas Piney Woods
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Both are great but I went with the Drenalin, I counld not be more pleased. I don't believe you would regret the purchase. And I am not one to just buy because someone tells me too or because they have so many adds. I do alot off reading and asking questions.

  9. #9
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philg View Post
    Both are great but I went with the Drenalin, I counld not be more pleased. I don't believe you would regret the purchase. And I am not one to just buy because someone tells me too or because they have so many adds. I do alot off reading and asking questions.
    did you put an STS on it??
    I cut things up and split them down!

  10. #10
    Member philg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Texas Piney Woods
    Posts
    38

    Default

    I think I am unsure what you mean?

  11. #11
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philg View Post
    I think I am unsure what you mean?
    STS.......did you put an STS on your bow......

    http://www.stsarchery.com/
    I cut things up and split them down!

  12. #12
    Member philg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Texas Piney Woods
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Drenalin uses the roller... not the cable guard. I have never used one on any of my other bows either but it had crossed my mind when I first saw one.

  13. #13
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philg View Post
    Drenalin uses the roller... not the cable guard. I have never used one on any of my other bows either but it had crossed my mind when I first saw one.
    ummmm....it doesnt matter if you have a rollor guard or not......th STS mounts the bottem hole in your riser......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  14. #14
    Member philg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Texas Piney Woods
    Posts
    38

    Default

    I new there was application for that screw slot but to be perfectly honest I had not thought of that. Might be another thing I could try. Alought it is quiet the way it is it could still yet be quieter.

  15. #15
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philg View Post
    I new there was application for that screw slot but to be perfectly honest I had not thought of that. Might be another thing I could try. Alought it is quiet the way it is it could still yet be quieter.
    oh dude it does alot more than make the bow quite....you really need to try one and there are aton of different ones out there.....MEANV2 (member here) makes a good one and my next one i get will be one of his........
    I cut things up and split them down!

  16. #16
    Member philg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Texas Piney Woods
    Posts
    38

    Default

    I think I will buy one. It can't hurt thats for sure. Thanks for the insight.

  17. #17
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philg View Post
    I think I will buy one. It can't hurt thats for sure. Thanks for the insight.
    you will not regret it...it adds hardly any weight, quiets the bow, Vibration and hand shock will be almost completly gone and you will not loose any speed.......

    I will tell you the same thing I told Bhhoosier when he was sceptical....IF you dont like it.......I will buy it from you.....

    this is the deal.....put it on the bow, shoot a few shots, you will be saying at this point.......it doesnt do much.....now take it back off and shoot a few shots......I will bet that it goes back on the bow and doesnt come back off......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  18. #18
    Member philg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Texas Piney Woods
    Posts
    38

    Default

    MeanV2...is this where you got yours or the STS websight that you listed?

  19. #19
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    I got one from the local mathews dealer........the other I bought used from a member on here.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  20. #20
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Ha now!

    Dont buy until youve shot them all!
    Try the PSE MOSSYOAK-X
    and the new Browning MARIGE
    also the Black-Ice
    Ive shot all three and cant deside!
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •