You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

Smile Got a new Bowtech and finally got to shoot

Hey there ya'all, long time no see

I got a new Bowtech Equalizer a couple of months ago but I hadn't had time to go out and shoot much because of school. So this past week I finished up with my summer classes and I finally had time to go out and shoot.
    This new bow is awesome! I had the option to get the new 07 or the older 06 model and I went with the older model because it has a shorter draw length(which I needed) I wonder why they changed the new models so that they dont accomidate the shorter draws? Hmmm. Anyway..

I made me another stablizer out of some of my old arrows, just like the one I had on my target bow only shorter and I weighted the front of it. I got me a about a dozen pretty decent gold tip arrows and dressed em' out with red & white blazers. I am still shooting with a scope (because I am legally blind and cant see much without it )

Anyway I went out the other day and sited in for 50 yards and did pretty good. At fifty I have about a five to seven inch group (there's always at least one stray) At forty, I have a really good four to five inch group. At thirty I have a three inch group. And at twenty I am drilling all of em in less than two inches. Considering that I shot all of these outdoors and given the changing weather conditions, I think I did really well considering I have only shot about a half a dozen times in the last three months.

I may actaully talk myself into hunting this year

rdnkgrl_robinhood

Good shooting. Equalizers are great bows. Did you make your stabilizer from one of those Hi-Tek kits? Pics would be nice.

woMAN LAW BEING broken.......pics must be included in a story of a new bow......
    I cut things up and split them down!

I was impressed with the Guardian and the Allegience by BowTech. To be honest I thought that the Guardian had a smoother draw than my Drenalin.

Congrats on the new bow...BUT...
    ttiwwp.gif

Quote Originally Posted by philg View Post
    I was impressed with the Guardian and the Allegience by BowTech. To be honest I thought that the Guardian had a smoother draw than my Drenalin.
    I gotta say, I didnt notice it till today but, you are right, I was at the bowtech dealer, getting targets, and was playing w/the bows just like every guy does......and did notice how nice the draw was.....

If my wife would let me I would go buy one. But as you might figure it aint happenin since i just mine a few months ago.

Default sounds great!

Now wheres the pic's of this shootin machine!
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

pics would be nice right about NOW!!!!!
    Greg Holland
    Owner of GMHERPS Hunting and Reptiles

http://www.imageevent.com/gmherps

Yeah..........................
    ttiwwp.gif
    wav.gif

Love my bowtech I wouldn't sell it for the world. I hope you will like yours as much too.

PLEASE SEND PICS
    IT'S NOT ABOUT THE KILLIN, IT'S ABOUT THE GRILLIN
    FBSA MEMBER

I have never shot the equalizer but I love my ne Tribute. Congrats on the new bow and the good shooting. Now lets see the PICS!!!
    That course was so easy I even missed a target !!

So, is the bowtech to replace your Hoyt?????

Were's the pics!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
    So, is the bowtech to replace your Hoyt?????

Were's the pics!!!!!!
    we are waiting for the pics unpatiently......

There is No Equal to the Equalizer

I'm afraid the Man Law Police are after you

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by rdnkgrl_robinhood View Post
    Hey there ya'all, long time no see

I got a new Bowtech Equalizer a couple of months ago but I hadn't had time to go out and shoot much because of school. So this past week I finished up with my summer classes and I finally had time to go out and shoot.
    This new bow is awesome! I had the option to get the new 07 or the older 06 model and I went with the older model because it has a shorter draw length(which I needed) I wonder why they changed the new models so that they dont accomidate the shorter draws? Hmmm. Anyway..

I made me another stablizer out of some of my old arrows, just like the one I had on my target bow only shorter and I weighted the front of it. I got me a about a dozen pretty decent gold tip arrows and dressed em' out with red & white blazers. I am still shooting with a scope (because I am legally blind and cant see much without it )

Anyway I went out the other day and sited in for 50 yards and did pretty good. At fifty I have about a five to seven inch group (there's always at least one stray) At forty, I have a really good four to five inch group. At thirty I have a three inch group. And at twenty I am drilling all of em in less than two inches. Considering that I shot all of these outdoors and given the changing weather conditions, I think I did really well considering I have only shot about a half a dozen times in the last three months.

I may actaully talk myself into hunting this year

rdnkgrl_robinhood

Bout time you got back on here. I am going to GM next week to shoot the new Tec bow and may need you to go with me so I can get some service.

Good to have ya back with us. So you went got a Bowtech well I guess it is an improvment. Started with Martin went to Hoyt now a Bowtech. Heck maybe next year you will even buy a Mathews.

Now where are the pics?????????????

"HONDA"

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Hope she has a camera fellars.....Or has tha patience ta reduce them. I hate that stuff fer I don't do it enough ta remember how.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Ok fellas here are the pics of the new bow. Now you can tell me what you think
    I didnt get this bow to replace the Hoyt as someone asked, I got this bow to hunt with. I really like the Hoyt for target shooting, but it is too shiney and too loud to hunt with.

I was a little disapointed when I originally got the Hoyt because it had nearly a zero valley. It seemed like if you flinched it was ready to fly and if you wernt ready then too bad cuz it would take your arm off. So I wanted something that was a little more generous with the valley for hunting.

I looked around at many bows before I decided to get this one. I wanted something with a smooth draw, decent letoff, and a fair valley. Given that my draw length is so short I found that my options were limited. I looked at a Mathews but I really didnt think it was worth it for the price, but once I took a look at the Equalizer my decision was made.

I tell ya I know got this bow to hunt with but it shoots so nice that I think I may have a hard time going back to that Hoyt.

Bowtech Equalizer 50 lb draw
    Toxonics sight bar
    viper sight
    Trophy Taker drop away rest
    Custom built 14 inch stablizer built from three old arrows with and a quick release

Got a new Bowtech and finally got to shoot - Bowhunting forum

Ok, so what do ya think
    Pretty nice huh!!

Rdnkgrl_robinhood

Guess maybe I should change my signature huh?

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Bout time you got back on here. I am going to GM next week to shoot the new Tec bow and may need you to go with me so I can get some service.
    Just tell me when you're going up there, those boys know me on a first name basis If they dont give ya good service I may have to rattle their chain
    No really, I have never got bad service in there, not once. And now that they have remodeled the archery department it's even nicer. You know where the tech guys used to work on the bows and stuff? Well now it's kind of a family lounge and spectator area. They have a couch and couple chairs, a rug, and some heads on the walls. It looks like a den of sorts, very family friendly. I thought it was a great idea anyway.
    You'll have to tell me what you think of the new tec series after you shoot it.

Rdnkgrl_robinhood

Beautiful bow. Congrats!

rick
    No catchy signature here.....