You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Its called ThermaCell and it is great. Or you can use Avon skin-so-soft.
    I'll stick with the Thermacell... I don't know anyone who sells Avon anyway (and I had better not...)...

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    I'll stick with the Thermacell... I don't know anyone who sells Avon anyway (and I had better not...)...

Ron
    oh crap ......MARIE does.....so if anyone wants to trade man cards for skin-so-soft, PM me for my address....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    oh crap ......MARIE does.....so if anyone wants to trade man cards for skin-so-soft, PM me for my address....

Ron

Fortunately for some companies, they have such a good marketing plan, that they do not have to maintain a high level of quality to keep their large market shares.

It amazes me that a company A can market their new limb as the "toughest" limb ever, and when they start snappin in half left and right, no one cares..... Now that is mega-marketing..... Not to mention putting plastic bushnigs in their cams.......and charging more for thier bows.... Thank God for blind devotion...

I think I entered the archery scene at a time when Martin is moving back to the top. I know they used to be THE bow company of choice and I don't know what happened to them. I do know that some of the others are living on reputation alone and letting quality slip. Maybe that is what happened to Martin in the past. I know they aren't doing that now.

I had to drive an hour to my nearest Martin "dealer". They didn't even have a Martin decal no the door, nor a single bow in the shop. Most of them are there to make money. They push what makes them the most money. I can't blame them for that, but just because the walls are covered with Company A and Company B, doesn't mean they make the greatest bow on earth....

As far as selling in box stores. Reflex and Diamond are sold in box stores. There is a Mathews dealer at my local MC Sports which is a box store. Maybe Martin should just rename their lower end bows that sell in box stores to be like Hoyt and Bowtech. Or maybe they aren't ashamed of the fact that they sell a reasonably price bow to people that don't have a pro shop around.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    Fortunately for some companies, they have such a good marketing plan, that they do not have to maintain a high level of quality to keep their large market shares...
    Thank goodness for the Martin girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
    Thank goodness for the Martin girl!
    Without her, you wouldn't have anything bad to say about Martin.....

If you like looking at ugly bearded guys shooting bows then that is your own business.....
    Last edited by jcmorgan31; 08-01-2007 at 11:36 AM.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Without her, you wouldn't have anything bad to say about Martin.....

If you like looking at ugly bearded guys shooting bows then that is your own business.....
    Of course... Martin has the best bows out there, w/out a doubt!

Of course... Martin has the best bows out there, w/out a doubt!
    Never said they were the best. Just gettin better.....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Never said they were the best. Just gettin better.....

So they have a crappy bows now and it's getting better... but if it wasn't for the Martin Girl we would have nothing bad to say about them. MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm: think about that?

I'm only busting your chops!

JC if you dont mind I would like to save all these posts to a file on my computer.....so that when the next big thing comes along and you jump on that ship.....we can remind you of this......

I can remember a time when you used to say the same thing about MATHEWS......

I can respect your love of Martin, but what is wrong w/different brands being in the same house......

MY problems w/Hoyt, Bowtech....have more to do w/the dealer than the actual companies.....and infact have nothing against the product them selves....

that being said......I still think the Guardian and Commander may be the ugliest bows on the market.......but I think HUMMERS (the vehicle) are ugly also......NO OFFENCE.....

Its all whats appealing to a person at the time.....right now, FORD has one of the quietest Deisels available......but I wont buy one because the cosmetics dont appeal to me.....

now if you could put that engine in a Dodge, I would buy one in a HEARTBEAT... .......I like the look of the dodge......

oh and the new chevy??? Man I thought that was supposed to be a MANS truck.....

So they have a crappy bows now and it's getting better... but if it wasn't for the Martin Girl we would have nothing bad to say about them. MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm: think about that?
    I'm only busting your chops!
    Didn't say they were crappy now either..... You like to put words in people's mouths don't you??

Have you shot a Scepter IV, Pantera, or Slayer???? If not then what are you basing your non-sense on?
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

JC if you dont mind I would like to save all these posts to a file on my computer.....so that when the next big thing comes along and you jump on that ship.....we can remind you of this

I can remember a time when you used to say the same thing about MATHEWS......

I can respect your love of Martin, but what is wrong w/different brands being in the same house......

MY problems w/Hoyt, Bowtech....have more to do w/the dealer than the actual companies.....and infact have nothing against the product them selves....

that being said......I still think the Guardian and Commander may be the ugliest bows on the market.......but I think HUMMERS (the vehicle) are ugly also......NO OFFENCE.....

Its all whats appealing to a person at the time.....right now, FORD has one of the quietest Deisels available......but I wont buy one because the cosmetics dont appeal to me.....

now if you could put that engine in a Dodge, I would buy one in a HEARTBEAT... .......I like the look of the dodge......

oh and the new chevy??? Man I thought that was supposed to be a MANS truck.....

Save away my friend. I didn't realize Martin was "the next big thing"....

I used to say the same thing about Mathews. Their marketing works.....for a while....

I really don't care what anyone shoots, if you like it shoot it, but I don't care for derogitory comments based on opinions passed off as facts...
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Save away my friend. I didn't realize Martin was "the next big thing"....

I used to say the same thing about Mathews. Their marketing works.....for a while....

I really don't care what anyone shoots, if you like it shoot it, but I don't care for derogitory comments based on opinions passed off as facts...
    ummmm not following....remember I am slow...this has been stated plenty of times......

Didn't say they were crappy now either..... You like to put words in people's mouths don't you??

Have you shot a Scepter IV, Pantera, or Slayer???? If not then what are you basing your non-sense on?

Never bashed... I truly have nothing bad to say about Martin and never did... the "Crappy" was a joke. get your pannies out of a bunch and lighten up

I don't need to shoot any other Bow as I am happy with what I have.

I don't think I directed anything at you did I??
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Never bashed... I truly have nothing bad to say about Martin and never did... the "Crappy" was a joke. get your pannies out of a bunch and lighten up

I don't need to shoot any other Bow as I am happy with what I have.
    Dude, I had smilies in my post too. When my panties are in a bunch I use this one....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Dude, I had smilies in my post too. When my panties are in a bunch I use this one....
    so they wearnt in a bunch before but now they are???

****Jay Are its working he will self destruct shortly****
    Last edited by BUNNYMAN; 08-01-2007 at 12:32 PM.

so they wearnt in a buch before but now they are???

****Jay Are its working he will self destruct shortly****

No they are fine...that was just an example....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

No they are fine...that was just an example....

I just didn't have time to respond... getting tired of work interfering with the important things i have going on here!

It was just making a statment...

Time for a group hug, This is Bowmans favorite part:

I just didn't have time to respond... getting tired of work interfering with the important things i have going on here!

It was just making a statment...

Time for a group hug, This is Bowmans favorite part:
    STAY AWAY FROM ME.........