You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    For all of you who know where a lot of the little blood suckers are. Please do a feild test for use. Try the Dryer sheets and report back. I know the 20 dollar gaget works but if the dryer sheet works just as good then would it not be cheaper to buy a box of 25 sheets for 2.50? Just hange 1 or 2 out of your back pocket. I love the new toys also but this works for those who have tryed it, and it pisses off your wife so be careful.
    I'll try the dryer sheet thing... Which brand or don't it matter ?

Ron

For all of you who know where a lot of the little blood suckers are. Please do a feild test for use. Try the Dryer sheets and report back. I know the 20 dollar gaget works but if the dryer sheet works just as good then would it not be cheaper to buy a box of 25 sheets for 2.50? Just hange 1 or 2 out of your back pocket. I love the new toys also but this works for those who have tryed it, and it pisses off your wife so be careful.
    I have already purchased the ThermaCell and bought 3 refill kits and extra butane tubes so I would be crazy not to stick with it. And besides I think you look kinda weird with those pretty little scented sheets hangin out of your pocket.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I have already purchased the ThermaCell and bought 3 refill kits and extra butane tubes so I would be crazy not to stick with it. And besides I think you look kinda weird with those pretty little scented sheets hangin out of your pocket.
    Wow, you really drew the line in the sand on that one....
    Good for you.

Now, we need to figure out a cheap way of refilling those canisters and recharge the chemical pads...

We can put our heads together and figure it out...

Ron

Banned

We could cut up the dryer sheets to use, that way everyone is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by SinGin View Post
    We could cut up the dryer sheets to use, that way everyone is happy.
    As long as I am happy thats all that matters to me.

Ok Ron I have been thinking about the butane. If I take a cartridge and drill the bottom and thread with some teflon tape on it a filling insert like is on some butane lighters into it. Then I can buy the butane canister refills much cheaper. As for the pads I'll leave that up to you.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    As long as I am happy thats all that matters to me.

Ok Ron I have been thinking about the butane. If I take a cartridge and drill the bottom and thread with some teflon tape on it a filling insert like is on some butane lighters into it. Then I can buy the butane canister refills much cheaper. As for the pads I'll leave that up to you.
    The OFF candle lantern pads have the same exact active ingredient in them as the thermacell pads... The problem is that the refills cost the same amount as the thermacell refills... 3 pads and 3 candles or 1 butane canister for $6 at Walgreens.

I played around with my first empty butane canister last night and short of doing a big plastic transplant of some kind I cannot figure out how to refill those things. I was hoping you could somehow refill it through the top where the O rings are but to no avail. I had a few beers in the process so I stopped messing with it after about an hour so I would not blow myself up...

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    The OFF candle lantern pads have the same exact active ingredient in them as the thermacell pads... The problem is that the refills cost the same amount as the thermacell refills... 3 pads and 3 candles or 1 butane canister for $6 at Walgreens.

I played around with my first empty butane canister last night and short of doing a big plastic transplant of some kind I cannot figure out how to refill those things. I was hoping you could somehow refill it through the top where the O rings are but to no avail. I had a few beers in the process so I stopped messing with it after about an hour so I would not blow myself up...

Ron
    I'll have to wait until I empty another canister to try refilling it.

"HONDA"

Site Guru

Ron
    Quitter!

I've used dryer sheets to keep these south georgia gnats at bay but don't know 'bout skeeters and such. I think it works pretty good. Maybe we could get some Tinks #69 scented dryer sheets.....

Will this thermacell thingy work on our gnats down here in the deep south?
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    I've used dryer sheets to keep these south georgia gnats at bay but don't know 'bout skeeters and such. I think it works pretty good. Maybe we could get some Tinks #69 scented dryer sheets.....

Will this thermacell thingy work on our gnats down here in the deep south?
    I'm not sure about the gnats as I do not spend much time in the deep south. But for $23 I would give it a try.

"HONDA"

Ron
    If wi hear a load boom you know it did not work.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Quitter!
    I think not...
    There is a way, I can feel it...

Ron

If wi hear a load boom you know it did not work.
    I'm trying to avoide that scenario...

Ron

I hope the big ones work better then the small ones.........either that or they dont work on GNATS......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    I hope the big ones work better then the small ones.........either that or they dont work on GNATS......
    Yeah that thing didn't work at all...