You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thumbs up Switchback XT - Excellent Shooter

I got some time to spend shooting the new XT tonight. I normally like longer axle bows but I'll tell you what, this thing is a great shooter.

I shot many, many X's tonight with it. Not sure how many, but it was a lot before I missed one. This was with this bow at 70#. I expected it to be a little touchy to form flaws, I was wrong by a long shot. I want to try a 300 round with it but just not at 70#.Switchback XT - Excellent Shooter - General Archery Forum

Even when my shot wasn't a perfect release, they just kept going in. I was shooting this with nothing special, just a index finger, caliper release, a copper john hunting sight, loop & super peep. Your typical hunting setup. I didn't papertune it either. Just eyeballed the setup and went shooting. I really like that this bow draws smoothly even at 70#.

My advice is don't make any assumptions on this bow until you get a chance to shoot it. This bow will drive tacksSwitchback XT - Excellent Shooter - General Archery Forum .
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I saw this bow at the proshop and it looks sweet. I'm going to shoot the demo the next I go there. The owner of the shop says it's the best bow he has ever shot.

Thumbs up

i shot the xt at a local shop because my buddy was putting money down on one , i am TOTALY hooked!!!!!!!!!!!!! super quiet , no vibration , and this bow stays completely still in the hand at the shot!!! all im saying is ..................................IM GETTING ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of us were trying to tell people the same thing about the original but you will always have your non beleivers. Shot my first two 300 w/the original Switchback. I just dont see that much of a difference as far as feel goes from the original to the xt. The other day was shooting a couple of the new bows (xt/ld) that the shop owner had set up for himself both were a little too long in the draw. Shot a half dozen arrows off of both and I think the first arrow of of each one were 4's but after that all 5's and 5x's
    I cut things up and split them down!

really like that this bow draws smoothly even at 70#.
    I agree completely. Smoothest 70 lbs I have ever pulled.

Default Stop

Please stop it guys, as I stated yesterday I just ordered an XT at 70#. It is going to be about 2 weeks before it arrives and all I have been hearing is how sweet they are and I am about to go nuts. I thought about asking the shop owner if I could set the demo up with my stuff and borrow it for 2 weeks.LOL But then I figured I would be taking someones chances of shooting a truly awesome bow away. At 70# it feels so smooth . Anyone have any suggestions on 3D arrows for my XT DL is at 29" and will be shooting a biscuit. My arrows will be fletched with BLAZERS because they rule.IMO Anyways I can't wait and you guys are not helping. LOL

Frank

"HONDA"

And you know what else these bows shoot so great and are so smooth and they are great and.....couldnt help myself

Default Sb Xt

I got to shoot this bow at the show, man it shoots excellent. I'm sold, this will be my new bow this week, time to put down the AR31. I shot a storm, bowtech, Martin Slayer, and mathews. All bows shot great, But only one stood above the rest.

I have never owned a mathews, this will be the first.

Default Thanks

BOWMAN you're killing me. I'm going crazy here its like christmas when I was 7 or 8. Only worse because I paid for my own presents . I'm dying here can't wait. Gotta go to the shop later and shoot the demo model again tonight. hehehe they are pretty smooth though are'nt they? ARGH now I'm doing it to myself. Please somebody help me!!!!!!!! What will make me feel better? Maybe a bowl of ice cream. It always helped when I was 7 or 8. Chow for now guys gotta get up and pace the floor for a while.

Frank

"HONDA"

Dont wear a hole in that floor we would hate to have to come over to your house, look thru the floor, and say ooooo......I call dibs on the new bow.