You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Ripcord rest ???

I recently shot a switchback with a cobra drop rest and really liked it.
    except for the way it held the arrow. It was fine shooting at the range
    but I am not so sure about hunting (arrow falling off of the rest).
    A guy at the shop was shooting a ripcord rest and it had a bar that covered the rest when it was in the ****ed position. this l think would be better.
    any thoughts or opinions about this rest or other drop-away rests would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Ripcord is one of the rests that I don't have much experience with. I normally shoot a trophytaker with the standard launcher for hunting. Never had a problem with it falling off getting drawn back.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default Ripcord

Dude you are on track if your thinkng about a ripcord to put on your bow. I have one on mine and it is the easiest rest bar none out there to set up and shoot. Talk about no trouble with arrows coming off the rest it is absolutly the best on the market in my opinion. You can't go wrong with getting one mty friend.

Hey Melsdad, definitely go for the ripcord or even the ultra rest by qad. I was using the the diamondback earlier this season and had a 10 pointer that I've been hunting for 2 years came in at 10 yds quartering away. Well needless to say with all od the adrinaline pumping I yanked the bow to full draw and you guessed it, the arrow came right off the rest. Thats the only shot this deer has ever given me. If I had my ultra rest installed that deer would be at the taxidermist right now.

Thumbs up Ripcord rest

I have a Ripcord rest on my Vtec, and I love it. easy to set up, tune, and shoot with.
    No bashing.......Violators will be shot.......Survivors will be prosecuted.

I shot a ripcord last year for about one month and will not go there again. I agree, they are easy to set-up and the arrow will not fall off. I did however break (2)of those cheap plastic launchers they provide. There service was good and honest when and I called them. "Yeah, we've had some break on the heavy pound speed bows. They did send me (2)new ones at no charge. So, I put my backup rest on until the launchers came. After 2 weeks, the second one cracked and that was it. There are better options until they replace that plastic w/steel.

JMO!

Default rip cord rest

The rip cord rest is the best fall away rest I have ever set and used , I have one on my tournament bow thats had about a million shots on it with no problems . and have never broke any part of it , also have one on my wifes bow we took the muzzy off she likes the rip cord much better.

QAD ultra was the best money I spent .

Thumbs up

I shoot nothing but Copper John Scardy Cat pro dropaways on my bows but was at the shop last night, shooting a Switchback LD, w/rip cord and when and if I get my second Switchback, (want one black on black for target) I will put the rip cord on the camo one for hunting and shoot my Copper John on my target bow.
    I cut things up and split them down!