You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default broadhead sharpness

I use and like cut on contact fixed blade heads. I normaly sharpen mine with a diamond stone and leather pad. When I can shave the hair on my arm I call it good.
    At what point do the rest of you say good enough. Some times I think I am going overboard on sharpness.

Quote Originally Posted by 62flint View Post
    I use and like cut on contact fixed blade heads. I normaly sharpen mine with a diamond stone and leather pad. When I can shave the hair on my arm I call it good.
    At what point do the rest of you say good enough. Some times I think I am going overboard on sharpness.
    I install brand new replacement blades on all my muzzy's right before the season and call it good......

I know people will say, that muzzy's could be sharper, but the deer i have killed w/them, have never complained about the sharpness.....

the replacement blades are cheap enough.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

no such thing as to sharp, you want it as sharp as you can get it, I use g5 b-52 heads, its a single piece head, i sharpen with a g5 sportsmans sharpener, it works awsome, heads shave with no problems.

I am with B-man, I change the blades once a year or after a good hunt.

Take a rubber band and stretch it out, take your arrow with broadhead on it and hold it by the nock, if the weight of the arrow and bhead alone will not cut the rubber band with one swipe then it is not sharp enough. It's proven that arteries etc are very rubbery and can be pushed out of the way without being cut by a dull broadhead. SHARPEN THEM.......
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

If 2 broadheads are shaving sharp can one be sharper than the other? Maybe, I wouldn't waste my time arguing about it. I'm sure if someone ran a 10" knife through my Heart I'd be dead whether it was quite shaving sharp or not. I want my Broadheads to be sharp, fly great, and be tough.

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by "SIN"ERGY View Post
    Take a rubber band and stretch it out, take your arrow with broadhead on it and hold it by the nock, if the weight of the arrow and bhead alone will not cut the rubber band with one swipe then it is not sharp enough. It's proven that arteries etc are very rubbery and can be pushed out of the way without being cut by a dull broadhead. SHARPEN THEM.......
    dude if your bow is so slow that you have to rely on the weight of the arrow to get it moving......you may want to rethink that ELITE....
    I cut things up and split them down!

If they shave hair thats plenty sharp for me.
    That course was so easy I even missed a target !!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    dude if your bow is so slow that you have to rely on the weight of the arrow to get it moving......you may want to rethink that ELITE....

Enlighten me genius,,,, where did I say anything about the speed of a bow???????? I was simply stating how I see how sharp my broadheads are, no bow in the entire sentence READ---AND TAKE YOUR TIME --- stretch out a rubber band and swipe the broadhead across it, if it does not cut without you pressing down on it then I would sharpen it. GOT IT or should I try to spell it out for you again??? If you want to Hijack a thread so you can bash Elite then start one, it could be 30fps slower and still out run them things you carry around. ( Let me start the stopwatch and see how long it takes Dredly to come to your rescue now)
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

Default Rockets!

Thats why i use them!
    Out of the package they are as sharp as a scaple!
    I tested them on a rubber band!
    I use them and throw the remains of them away!
    As for my triditional steelforce lead cutting edge heads i sharpen them with a soft stone and oil until they shave the hair off my arm!
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A