You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Just Got Back From Scouting!

I was not being really sneaky, but saw two white tails. Not what I was looking for but it was a start. one was a good buck, couldnt count the tines on him as he was on a hillside, and it was pretty dark. When I got tired of the bugs and walking through the grain (it cuts your hands, and stings when you sweat) I sad in a trail cleared for oilfield trucks to look around the pipes. and took a breath. I heard a Coyote calling just over a small grass covered hill to the north of me. The wind was blowing my way, and I thought, Why not try to call him in. SO! Using a peice of grass. I made my best "Im a dying jack rabbit call. IT WORKED!! Two coyotes came running over the hill. When to my left and followed the treeline to where I was calling. I was 2-3 yards from the clearing in the forrest. And one was nowhere to be seen. The other had stopped right in from of me. And began barking and kinda, rearing up as if to scare me away. I stood up and he was a little surprised but stoped at about 15 yards to see wtf I was. I wish I had a bow. Because he would have been one dead dog.

Good first day scouting. Cant wait to take a look in the morning

Kyle

Sounds like fun! Ive been out scouting my deer area 3 times, nothing but runt bucks and skin heads...... im kinda bummed, I hope the bigger bucks are held up due to the hot weather and long days. Not seeing near the deer this year, pry about 60 or so each time..... Hope things get better......

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
    Sounds like fun! Ive been out scouting my deer area 3 times, nothing but runt bucks and skin heads...... im kinda bummed, I hope the bigger bucks are held up due to the hot weather and long days. Not seeing near the deer this year, pry about 60 or so each time..... Hope things get better......
    Where ya huntin' at Bull ,
    60's all ya saw hun.
    Sounds ta me like yore gonna need alittle help harvestin' some of them deers.
    I think I can fit ya into my Smokes Bowhuntin daytimer

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

yup 60s bout it so far this year, their were several nights i counted over 100 from my stand last year, and that is only the ones i could see, they love that hay!!! I took some pics but they were crappy, ill try to get some better ones this year, im also going to try to get my kills on vid from my stand, i think that would be cool.

Found a shed today! nice little 4 point. (right side antler)

also ran into Mr. Porcupine and the dog thought it was friendly.... ended up beating the dog with the shed to keep it away from the waddling creature with a thousand pins that made up his fur.