You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Cool Want to begin shooting.

I would like any info on where to start to shoot in tournaments. Novice target shooter.
    And what is need to start to shoot in tournaments?
    appreciate any and all replies.

Well first, Welcome to the site. Second what style of tournaments are you interested in trying? 3d tourneys are alot diferent based on what sanction is in your area. ASA has a Novice class. Hunter setup w/ max 12" stabilizer and no magnification on site. Plus cannot be a moveable site. 280 fps rule. Max 30yard targets. IBO sanction you'll have to go to there site for rules and regs. Since I dont shoot IBO. Any more questions let me know.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Cool begin shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    Well first, Welcome to the site. Second what style of tournaments are you interested in trying? 3d tourneys are alot diferent based on what sanction is in your area. ASA has a Novice class. Hunter setup w/ max 12" stabilizer and no magnification on site. Plus cannot be a moveable site. 280 fps rule. Max 30yard targets. IBO sanction you'll have to go to there site for rules and regs. Since I dont shoot IBO. Any more questions let me know.
    Do i need ASA member status to start in a tournament?

yes!! all larg sanctioned associations require membership annual dues. You can go to the ASA site to purchase a membership.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

glad ta have ya.

there is a ton of archery clubs that yyou can go to and shoot there 3d shoots and only have ta pay for tha shoot.
    Usally around $15.

You will need the obvious.....bow, arrows ,some type quiver ,tab or release,pen for keeping score if tha duty falls to you.

Now for the options

Binoculors, water bottle holder, folding chair, larger plastic bags if rains for pocho, good pair of boots recommended, hat for sun.

Tell tha fellars tha you are new and you need some assitasnce with this stuff and you wil be glad ta see how much advice you will get to help ya be a good shooter. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!
    Smkes

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Welcome to the forum...
    what Holy Smokes said...