You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: quiet camo

Default quiet camo

all of my jackets and camo make noise when i draw my bow. i am also lookin to get some new camo. can anyone recomend a very quiet mid weight jacket

Realtree Roadtrips Fleece is the best suit I've ever owned!

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Cotton is quite
    For hotter weathwer like bowhuntings start a cotton fabrick is cool.
    I use ASAT its a very good design looks like natural design of tha woods there has been a lot of copy cats since it's conception like stick and limbs heres a some pics http://astacamo.stores.yahoo.net/asfish.html http://astacamo.stores.yahoo.net/asfish.html http://astacamo.stores.yahoo.net/asatbdupants.html

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

I personally stopped worrying so much about quite and more about blending in....get away from there nose and you would be amaized at what you can get away with

my favorite pattern is......Natural Gear

http://www.naturalgear.com/science.asp?Section=Science
    I cut things up and split them down!

I've spent way more time studying camo than I ever spent during grad school... and the best camo fabric I've come across yet is sold at www.graywolfwoolens.com.

They offer it in Predator, which is my personal favorite, as well as a proprietary pattern called Intrusion.

I dont know why I dont like predator....I just never have.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    I personally stopped worrying so much about quite and more about blending in....get away from there nose and you would be amaized at what you can get away with

my favorite pattern is......Natural Gear

http://www.naturalgear.com/science.asp?Section=Science
    I got a boonie hat in tha NG and really like it and it is super quite and has no uvs which is a huge issue with game.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Greg / MO View Post
    I've spent way more time studying camo than I ever spent during grad school... and the best camo fabric I've come across yet is sold at www.graywolfwoolens.com.

They offer it in Predator, which is my personal favorite, as well as a proprietary pattern called Intrusion.
    Yeah this is some good stuff and tha pattern is one of tha spin offs of ASAT

I use walmart camo,
    VERY quiet, VERY weatherproof... and from yote hunting... must keep the scent in as they get REAL close.
    60 bucks for the jacket and the pants...
    Seriosly look at them! tey are the best

I used cotton/poly blend in the early warm seaon, fleece for mid temps and Rivers West for the wet and cold stuff.

Site Guru

in the early season I wear a cotton long sleve shirt. If they are close enough to hear that then I'm close enough to stab them instead of shooting em

In later season I have a 7 in 1 MT050 parka that I wear different layers of depending on the weather.

I would suggest going to Cabelas and trying a lot of different clothing and see what works for you
    No I'm not dead

I use Walls shirts, jacket and pants. They are cotton and after they get washed a few times they are very quiet. I bit stiff when they are new though. They are very durable and affordable. Pants are about $30, shirts about $30 and jackets are $50 to $100 depending on the insulation, hood, length, etc... They have several different styles of each thing. They have bibs too.

Ron

look into ASAT camo you really will be amazed at what animals dont see when they look right at you. I have never had a problem with the noise issue, as long as I move slow.
    IT'S NOT ABOUT THE KILLIN, IT'S ABOUT THE GRILLIN
    FBSA MEMBER

Site Guru

On a related / unrelated side note...

I'm looking for a pair of Very durable and extremly warm wool pants. I don't care what camo pattern is on them but they must be machine washable and quite enough to stalk in. Must also be able to keep me warm in 0 degree weather with 20 - 50 mph wind gusts.

Any suggestions?

(No I'm not kidding, the Mountains of Maine can go from sunny annd 40 to white out blizzard with wind gusts that are uprooting trees and 0 degrees in less then 10 minutes, I've seen it happen. Very cool to watch
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    On a related / unrelated side note...

I'm looking for a pair of Very durable and extremly warm wool pants. I don't care what camo pattern is on them but they must be machine washable and quite enough to stalk in. Must also be able to keep me warm in 0 degree weather with 20 - 50 mph wind gusts.

Any suggestions?

(No I'm not kidding, the Mountains of Maine can go from sunny annd 40 to white out blizzard with wind gusts that are uprooting trees and 0 degrees in less then 10 minutes, I've seen it happen. Very cool to watch
    Try king of the mountain. I dont know if this will help you or not.
    IT'S NOT ABOUT THE KILLIN, IT'S ABOUT THE GRILLIN
    FBSA MEMBER