You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Default finding a hung stand in tha dark

I have been puttin' a piece of reflective strips on my stand about 1'' wide and 3" long
    one on each side
    oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Holy Smokes; 08-08-2007 at 12:37 AM.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Reflective tacks along your tail also helps getting to the stand.

I use a small piece of orange flagging tape to lead me to my stands.
    IT'S NOT ABOUT THE KILLIN, IT'S ABOUT THE GRILLIN
    FBSA MEMBER

Site Guru

I can always find my stand in the dark guaranteed no second thoughts, no worrying. I have the best method out there.

I don't trust anyone in my area anymore and never leave my stand out so in the dark its either on my back or in my truck.

For finding the tree to put it up in a few years ago we got a box of pyramid reflective tacks that are awesome. they light up from any angle and you can use them as directional pointers as well depending on shat side of the tree you put them in.

They work very well and are hard to see in daylight. I highly recommend them.
    No I'm not dead

Last year.. I ended up getting lost 10 feet from my stand. The place I was hunting was logged earlier that year so everything looked different. Up untill than, I was making fun of people like me

I got turned around a few dozen times, had a trail camera blind me a few times. Not sure where the pictures went and hate to find out where they will show up???

This year the guys got me one of those remote lights that go on the stand so I can find it. They got it as a joke, but I think I might try it!

Mine is easy to find since I carry it on my back...

Ron

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
    Last year.. I ended up getting lost 10 feet from my stand. The place I was hunting was logged earlier that year so everything looked different. Up untill than, I was making fun of people like me

I got turned around a few dozen times, had a trail camera blind me a few times. Not sure where the pictures went and hate to find out where they will show up???

This year the guys got me one of those remote lights that go on the stand so I can find it. They got it as a joke, but I think I might try it!
    Just follow the smell of your bait pile... the trails are wide enough for a truck! how can you get lost?
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Just follow the smell of your bait pile... the trails are wide enough for a truck! how can you get lost?

I actually hunt in Berks county... never hunted at the club, but may do it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post

Let me know how that light clicker thing works, I've been intrigued by it!

Ben
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

FBSA Member

i've used the tacks.. but now i use my gps.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Senior Member vonottoexperience's Avatar

I use "cats eyes". I'll snap a glow stick and hang it, if I hunt it in the afternoon and I'm coming back in the morning.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by vonottoexperience View Post
    I use "cats eyes". I'll snap a glow stick and hang it, if I hunt it in the afternoon and I'm coming back in the morning.
    I use tha tacks to and then some on tha stand.
    I also amde me a lockin'system out of small cable and lock it to tha tree

I also leave other folks stuff alone and ya reap what ya sow.

I could have taken 30 or so stands,

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Never had trouble findin my stand or blind. But now since you have all brought it up I'll probably need something this year.

"HONDA"

Well I use the tacks as well, but I learned a trick about putting them out. I put mine just above the ground cover 6 to 8 inches. This way traspasers, and others like club memebers can't find my stand easily. Most people put them around 40 inches or so. But putting them down low allows you to walkin to your stand with out lifting your light up.
    Hey yall, watch this!!!

blaze a small trail
    Greg Holland
    Owner of GMHERPS Hunting and Reptiles

http://www.imageevent.com/gmherps

I got a strobe that has a remote. I hang it from a hook high in the tree. I walk down the appropriate trail, and when I get close I hit the button. Light comes on, and I know exactly where the stand is. I still mark a trail, but this shows me exactly where the tree is even on the darkest mornings.

I bought a remote light from Hunters Specialty's last year. Its a bright little red light you put on your stand. and will work from about 100 yds. helped me out 3 times last year.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    I bought a remote light from Hunters Specialty's last year. Its a bright little red light you put on your stand. and will work from about 100 yds. helped me out 3 times last year.
    Mine's similar. Does yours flash?

Yes. It has 2 modes. On all the time. And flashing. Best $25.00 I have spent in awhile.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Helps find ATVs and vehicles after the hunt too. And mark a place on a road to enter. Agreed. Money very well spent. My friends are jealous, but most would never admit it.