You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Exclamation

strobe? not a bad idear at all!!
    Greg Holland
    Owner of GMHERPS Hunting and Reptiles

http://www.imageevent.com/gmherps

Quote Originally Posted by gmherps View Post
    strobe? not a bad idear at all!!
    Really, it is a red light that blinks, or stays on continuous, as opposed to a high intensity strobe. Plenty bright, and the remote turns in on when you get into the area. I have one that you turn on and leave in the evening, and it stays on and gets you back in the morning. I've also used that one for three nights in a row, with now apparent loss in brightness.
    You still need a marked trail to get you in fast and quiet, but the marker light is a great asset.

I like my GPS but for the most part I come in under pink light and have no trouble finding my stands
    ORIGINAL SWITCHBACK

"The lover of nature is he whose inward and outward senses are truly adjusted to each other; who has retained the spirit of infancy even into the era of manhood" - Emerson

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATE View Post
    I like my GPS but for the most part I come in under pink light and have no trouble finding my stands
    Ya take all tha fun outta gittin' turned around in tha dark.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

i have been down right aggrevated many times knowing i had to be close to the tree and or brush blind i made and have to wait unbti lbay break.... of course by then i am mad and might as well go to the house because i have walked in so many circles and shined my light every direction no deer in its right mind is coming anywhere near me.... i like the light idea.... i am going to have to look in to that

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

I use the reflective tacks some times if i'm hunting a new area and at the end i'll stick 2 in the tree that i hang my stand in....But for the most part i've hunted mark twain forests where i live for the past 35yrs and pretty much know it like the back of my hand.Even though most won't make the walk that i make through the woods i seldom leave my climbers.I don't trust people nowadays.

I don't know how but I just tend to remember where it is. I look at the tree line and remember the layout and location. Works for me any how.

I dont mark the trail anymore since I had three stands stolen within 2 years. I figure I am not making it any easier for them theiving !!!
    That course was so easy I even missed a target !!

We've had trouble with theft too. I still use the reflective twisty-ties, but sparingly. A bud showed me to lay dead wood off to the side going in the direction of travel, if there's no snow, they stand out pretty good with minimal light, even decent moonlight. Pretty inconspicuos if your not looking for it.

I know some who naturally move through the darkness of the woods with ease....moon3.jpg

AKA BOWTECHER p_gfilm.jpg
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman View Post
    i have been down right aggrevated many times knowing i had to be close to the tree and or brush blind i made and have to wait unbti lbay break.... of course by then i am mad and might as well go to the house because i have walked in so many circles and shined my light every direction no deer in its right mind is coming anywhere near me.... i like the light idea.... i am going to have to look in to that
    hehe thats been me on quite a few mornings. It really is amazing how much different the woods look at night as opposed to in the day. I've gotten turned around in the woods where I played as a kid for years and have hunted for the last 3. And it always happens when I'm walking someone else in to a spot too

If you guys think it is hard finding your TREESTAND in the woods try packing your treestand in on your back and finding the TREE that you've preselected for it to go in hahaha now THAT is tough
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by "SIN"ERGY View Post
    I know some who naturally move through the darkness of the woods with ease....moon3.jpg

AKA BOWTECHER p_gfilm.jpg
    Us blue-eyed devils have superior night vision.

to find a stand that is prehung just keep looking up I know that now make this light that goes on the stand and you keep a remote it is good to a couple hundred yards i think....Or just buy a GPS mine works great

i simply remember where i put my stands ive never had a problem finding them