You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default cable guard / drop away rests

Do they make a cable guard that can be intalled in the sight screw holes ??? Have a older bow that has a lower cable guard and would like to see if performance would be increased by moving the cable guard to the upper bow area.

The other question may be considered stupid but, if a bow has a lower cable guard can you use the cable guard with a drop away rest ??? or how do you setup a drop a way rest with a lower cable guard.

thanks in advance for all help
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by sweet old bill View Post

Do they make a cable guard that can be intalled in the sight screw holes ??? Have a older bow that has a lower cable guard and would like to see if performance would be increased by moving the cable guard to the upper bow area.

The other question may be considered stupid but, if a bow has a lower cable guard can you use the cable guard with a drop away rest ??? or how do you setup a drop a way rest with a lower cable guard.

Bill
    I'm not sure about your first question, but you can tie the pull cord to the downward cable in order to actuate the rest, assuming it' snot a quicktune with a steel cable type line.

Ben
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

FBSA Member

Bill
    yesthey do and as a matter of fact we were discussing this the other day at Dredly's house....I believe that Cobra does.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Bill
    You can also check out the Limb Driver arrow rest. It's activated by the limb movement instead of the movement of the cable.

Ron

Default Upper Mount Cable Guard

Moving the cable guard closer to the arrow will not increase speed, but it MAY improve accuracy by giving you the ability to reduce the side pull on the cables, which will lessen the inherent torque on the bow and MAY reduce any cam lean as well. I did this with all of my older bows back in the day and was very happy with the results. As Bowman mentioned, Cobra makes an upper mount and Sure-Loc makes one too. There mey be others. As for the drop away rest, I really like the Limb Driver, I am using one now, all the benefits of a drop away, none of the cam timing issues which may result from pulling on a cable at full draw, plus the arm acts similar to a spring steel launcher which is very forgiving. Hope this helps ya out!

Quote Originally Posted by HYTMANN View Post
    Moving the cable guard closer to the arrow will not increase speed, but it MAY improve accuracy by giving you the ability to reduce the side pull on the cables, which will lessen the inherent torque on the bow and MAY reduce any cam lean as well. I did this with all of my older bows back in the day and was very happy with the results. As Bowman mentioned, Cobra makes an upper mount and Sure-Loc makes one too. There mey be others. As for the drop away rest, I really like the Limb Driver, I am using one now, all the benefits of a drop away, none of the cam timing issues which may result from pulling on a cable at full draw, plus the arm acts similar to a spring steel launcher which is very forgiving. Hope this helps ya out!
    Hey, I saw that Sure-Loc has a cable guard/mount but does it require you to use a Sure-Loc dovetail sight ?

Just curious.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    You can also check out the Limb Driver arrow rest. It's activated by the limb movement instead of the movement of the cable.

Ron
    The Limb Driver is one Awesome dropaway!!

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

thanks all for your help

Bill

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post

Ron
    Banner used ta make on . i have it if your interested for $20 tyd gauranteed or send it back.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Default Sure Loc Cable Guard

Yes, the Sure Loc cable guard requires the use of their dovetail, but extension bars of all lengths are pretty easy to come by, and can be modified or used with a variety of sights. I have a 9" Sure Loc extension adapted on a Toxonics sight on my hunting bow.

thanks to all I had gotten info yesterday and have a muzzzy cable guard that is a replacment for moving your cable guard to the upper position and it uses the sight screw holes...