You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Guru

Default What a great day in the neighborhood!

This was Tuesday... all within 30 minutes of my house. Keep in mind the "from" when talking about people is where they are squatting now, not where they came from.

All in a day's crime: Armed robbery, attempted homicide, drug bust
    Tuesday brought a gamut of crimes across the Poconos
    It sounds like the overblown plot of a TV cops show on steroids, but it was just one day in the Poconos.

Tuesday brought a gamut of crimes across the map. A 13-person drug bust in Bushkill. Armed robbery at an ATM in Stroudsburg. Attempted homicide in Tobyhanna.

The drug bust and attempted homicide involved teenage suspects.

ATM robbery
    Two brazen thugs are still on the loose after a broad-daylight crime in a busy area.

A customer, 21, went to the Wachovia Bank ATM at Lower Main and Fourth streets around 6:15 p.m. Two men walked up behind him and said they wanted his money, according to police.

The victim said they told him to put his debit card in the machine and one suspect advised, step by step, what to do: "No receipt, fast cash, $200." Then they made him withdraw another $200, fast cash, he told police.

Between the first and second withdrawals, the larger of the two suspects displayed a dark grayish handgun and told the victim he "was doing the right thing" and that "Ma lost her job and has to pay for medical treatment," police said.

The suspects ran to a vehicle parked facing the wrong direction on North Fourth Street. They drove to Lower Main Street, turned left onto North Second Street and disappeared.

The suspects are described as black men wearing black T-shirts and black "do-rags." One is about 5 feet 8 inches tall and the other about 6 feet tall. The vehicle is described as a black two- or four-door Chrysler or Nissan with a tinted rear window and possibly a license plate on the front, but not the back.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Stroud Area Regional Police at (570) 421-6800

Assault and gunfire
    A victim of the attempted homicide heard bullets whiz past his head, police said. Gunfire nearly hit them, said two men who were assaulted and shot at.

Pocono Mountain Regional Police arrested three adults and one juvenile after the crime at Pocono Farms East around 6:15 p.m. Accused are Anthony Angel Chavez, 18, of Tobyhanna, Jose Chavez Jr., 25, of Philadelphia, Matthew Medina, 21, of Tobyhanna and an unnamed teenage boy.

Officers went to Graham Lane responding to a fight. Dispatchers told police that there was an open phone line from the 911 call and they could hear shots being fired.

Officers were told that the shooters were leaving the scene in a gold Nissan, which police stopped at the intersection of Route 196 and Kings Way in Coolbaugh Township. Police found several 9 mm casings on the hood of the car.

The victims identified the men in the car as their assailants, police said.

The investigation showed there was bad blood between the two groups. On Tuesday evening, the four men saw the victims and agreed to assault them, police said. Medina pulled out a 9mm handgun and started firing, police said. Nine spent casings were found by police. Two rounds hit a nearby occupied home, but there were no injuries.

The gun was thrown from the car, but police found it. They traced it to a home in A Pocono Country Place, from which it had been stolen.

All four men have been charged with criminal attempt to commit homicide, criminal conspiracy to commit homicide, aggravated assault, reckless endangerment and other related charges.

Drug smorgasbord
    In Saw Creek Estates, a seven-month sting led to the arrest of 12 adults and one juvenile, according to state police at Blooming Grove. Drugs sold included powder and crack cocaine, PCP, ecstasy, marijuana and heroin, police said.

Police searched a home at 2003 Manchester Drive and found about six and a half ounces of marijuana, 35 grams of cocaine, two pounds of suspected cocaine cutting agent and 15 packets of crack.

Suspects arrested were Ileana Alvarez, 40, Zouheir Saul Fakhouri, 44, Robert F. Fratangelo III, 24, Giovambattista Greco, 21, Victor M. Mercado, 20, Eduardo Ortiz, 41, William Ortiz, 21, Latasha L. Pettaway, 21, Kenneth Robe Widdis III, 20, Anthony Hassell, 44, and Adam Eaton, 19.

All are from Saw Creek Estates except Eaton, who lives in East Stroudsburg, police said. An unnamed juvenile was also arrested. Charges include delivery of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver and conspiracy.

The investigation included the Pike County district attorney's office and drug task force, as well as Saw Creek public safety.
    No I'm not dead

I think it's time for Dredly to move to a different town and let the thugs have that one.

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    I think it's time for Dredly to move to a different town and let the thugs have that one.
    I'm working on it man. I'm working on it.
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Yep, I'd be out on the next plane. I couldnt live around all that crap. I always thought our local paper was boring because the top story of the day might be a new animal at the zoo but now that sounds like a good thing.

rick
    No catchy signature here.....

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by thehairlessone! View Post
    Yep, I'd be out on the next plane. I couldnt live around all that crap. I always thought our local paper was boring because the top story of the day might be a new animal at the zoo but now that sounds like a good thing.

rick
    Our headlines used to be "Local business hires 4 more people"... "Poachers kill 8 pointer. "Road Work on 80 causes headaches".

Now its all about who died in what car accident or what crime was committed
    No I'm not dead

I know Saw Creek well. They have had many, many problems for years. Gated communities like that try to keep thier problems on the down low. It reflects badly on the "community" and decreases property values. So, they minimize problems and keep secrets. They have thier own "security force" and around there the only real Law Enforcement is the Pa State Police, and they have a hell of a time even getting in the gate!
    People who make thier money in criminal enterprises in New York, Phila., and other areas move thier families to keep them out of the line of fire, and to "give them a better life". Of course, they bring thier activities with them. They real screw up areas all around, and terrorize neighbors who complain.
    Couple years ago a young girl was raped at the basketball court area at Saw Creek, and the "Security Force" covered it up and made it seem she was asking for it. It would it be bad for the community to be identifed as being the site of a violent sexual assault on a minor.
    Graffiti, burglaries, crack, violence. All the things these new residents left they bring with them.
    But they are very afraid of Bears. Don't have them in the Ghetto.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Hey Dread git a heater and pack it man.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

I have my house for sale--- I'll cut ya a deal!

I was told after I bought my house 10 years ago that it was a bad drug and gang hood. ! week in I stepped into the middle of a fight on the corner of the street I live on and broke it up. 6 Teens, I told every last one of them this is my house, my street my hood now. I do not know you, I do not like you I will have not problim with putting a 9mm between your eyes. 10 years and never the first problim on my street. ^ houses down a old man lived in a house in a wheel chair. His house alarm went off one night he was not home. 10 min. not cops, 3 people called 15 min not cops. So I called and informed them. My name, and I am going behind the old mans house with my gun and the first person that comes out of his house is a dead man. We know he was no at home. less then2 min 4 cop cars shows up. First thing they want to know was where I was. Guess so they would not get shot. After that night they show up when they are called.
    I say way take back our hoods. Shoot them all and dig one big hole and have a mass grave.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    I was told after I bought my house 10 years ago that it was a bad drug and gang hood. ! week in I stepped into the middle of a fight on the corner of the street I live on and broke it up. 6 Teens, I told every last one of them this is my house, my street my hood now. I do not know you, I do not like you I will have not problim with putting a 9mm between your eyes. 10 years and never the first problim on my street. ^ houses down a old man lived in a house in a wheel chair. His house alarm went off one night he was not home. 10 min. not cops, 3 people called 15 min not cops. So I called and informed them. My name, and I am going behind the old mans house with my gun and the first person that comes out of his house is a dead man. We know he was no at home. less then2 min 4 cop cars shows up. First thing they want to know was where I was. Guess so they would not get shot. After that night they show up when they are called.
    I say way take back our hoods. Shoot them all and dig one big hole and have a mass grave.

A well armed milita is what our forefathers said. Go for it.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Right smokes. I am not saying I am a bad a&%, I just am never going to back down! I pay for my house and no one is going to lower it's value. No one is going to harm my family and live to breath. If will all run and hide then they win.
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
    I have my house for sale--- I'll cut ya a deal!
    Wrong direction. I want to move AWAY from the crap, not towards it!

My home is well defended, I keep putting off getting my carry permit though. I need to go get that
    No I'm not dead

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    Right smokes. I am not saying I am a bad a&%, I just am never going to back down! I pay for my house and no one is going to lower it's value. No one is going to harm my family and live to breath. If will all run and hide then they win.
    haha you don't HAVE to stand and watch the property values drop in areas like Saw Creek, Pocono Country Place,... When the "element" began moving in a few years ago people saw property values drop more then 50% in less then a year.

Who would have guessed it... NJ pays everyone 5K to get off their welfare rolls, so they move to PA and sign back up. Great move. Now these scum move into a house and get a 0 down loan, make the first 2 payments on the mortgage and then stop paying. It takes over 18 months for a bank to legally and fully kick you out of a house. Then they move next door and do it again. Gee I wonder why the default rate is so high
    Last edited by Dredly; 08-09-2007 at 11:28 PM.
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Wrong direction. I want to move AWAY from the crap, not towards it!

My home is well defended, I keep putting off getting my carry permit though. I need to go get that
    YUP!

I got mine back in Feb and I love it it sure does make a difference how ya walk down tha street or into a bank or resturant.

dredly, the oregon coast is pretty safe sounds like alot of crap going on there, i won't even go to any city, i have been deurbanized, people know i ain't from around there
    rytera X
    whisker biscuit rest
    cobra 4 pin
    flingin' gold tip xt hunters
    muzzy 100gr 3 blade

I'm tellin ya, we need more bears! They're afraid of bears! I don't care if they got AKs in the house. They won't shoot. They'll hide in the closet. All those nuisance bears, drop them off in problem communities and smear honey on the problem houses. Bears!

Well there are problims all over. there it's what you said, here it's our freinds south of the border coming over here. They move in the hood and trash the houses and lower the value. Blast mex music all hours of the day and night. You can go in to the local McDonalds and can not order a burger becuase the girl befind the counter can not speak english. Or you have to wait in line at your bank friday to put you pay check in your bank behind 30 of them that do not have accounts there. 99% are illeagel. They can not drive. I am not going to go into the things I have had to do but. Lets just say they Do not mess around here that much any more. They stear clear of my house and family. lol

what ever you do, just please dont move here, I dont want no lefties here.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

It sounds like it is safer here in NYC. But way too many lefties here.
    FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_P. View Post
    It sounds like it is safer here in NYC. But way too many lefties here.
    i was speaking of the hand that he shoots with......not his political beliefs....
    I cut things up and split them down!