You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Damm dave were ya place that arrow?

Hey guys jstu doign some research for ym self

How do you find your arrows..

int he woods do you jstu leave them if lost?

Target or clout shooting do you rake them or jsut find them?

Anything special . i knwo wooden and carbon shafts are hard for metal detectors to find as it took 8 guys and 10 mintues to find one lost on a school field..
    "Remember the flame, lad, and the void," Tam. wheel of time.

Concentrate on a single flame and feed all your passions into it-fear, hate, anger-until your mind became empty. Become one with the void,Tam said and you could do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
    Hey guys jstu doign some research for ym self

How do you find your arrows..

int he woods do you jstu leave them if lost?

Target or clout shooting do you rake them or jsut find them?

Anything special . i knwo wooden and carbon shafts are hard for metal detectors to find as it took 8 guys and 10 mintues to find one lost on a school field..

JAY ARE's moto....."if it dont hit foam it aint goin home....."
    I cut things up and split them down!

so u leave them? yes? lol confused me long day at work etc:P

Concentrate on a single flame and feed all your passions into it-fear, hate, anger-until your mind became empty. Become one with the void,Tam said and you could do anything.

some do, some dont.....I look for 2 minutes then give up.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

:P

me and my coach had a right laugh... dave who was missing the target alot thought he placed his arrow behind it. so there looking for it for 10 minutes(cause its a scool field and all) and i say to my coach i bet its infront of the target(which it was:P). he was about to shout it when we got talkign about how to find arrows more efficently... well ive thought of a few but i wanna know how people get theres first.

Sidenote...some dolt at the club set the target at 40m not 40 yard's..poor dave:P

Depending on where the shoot is I will go back the next day and look when the course is empty. I have found a few of mine and a few of other guys. If you find arrows I just leave them at the club for others to pick them up.

1 good turn deserves another.
    IT'S NOT ABOUT THE KILLIN, IT'S ABOUT THE GRILLIN
    FBSA MEMBER

get a bigger target.lol

Well if there is a problem with somebody that keeps losing arrows, tell them to use a fishing rig, Arrow stay tied to the string thus less loss of arrow. 5 minute search, If I don't find it I go without it.

Site Guru

mine varies. If I think there is a good chance the arrow survived I'll look for a few minutes. If I heard it hit a tree or rock and go flying its a gonner.
    No I'm not dead

How long I look depends on how crowded the course is. If there's another shooting group ready I'll leave it, if not I'll look for maybe five minutes.

Too many ticks and chiggers to be kicking around in the brush for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    mine varies. If I think there is a good chance the arrow survived I'll look for a few minutes. If I heard it hit a tree or rock and go flying its a gonner.
    Yes, that's about my philosophy. If it's hitting something hard, you'll know it by the sound, and you can forget finding it since trying to use it, even if it looks 'normal', will likely result in an accident you don't want to have happen to you...

Ron

i got a little trick. tape a nail to a broom handle and swipe the grass if you dont find it after 5 minutes buy a new one.

Well, it's not that I'm cheap, but these Maxima carbon arrows are pretty expensive. Unless I'm interfering with others shooting, I'll look for 20 minutes or so.

If I can't find it in the first five minutes, I go back to the shooting point and try to better understand the likely lane of fire. Then I rewalk the lane concentrating on the colors of my vanes. Usually I find them. Seems like they often turn up further away than I was first looking.

BillT

I usually finish the course, and go back. Tell my son if he finds my arrows I will pay him a few bucks....usually works and since his eyes are younger and better (um, yeah) we usually have more success!!!! Plus, we get to spend more time talking...I have an old camping fork I bent the tines over for a modified rake, sometimes I break out the metal detector.....