You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shot rages last year they were great.May try the new NAP bloodrunners.They are suppose to have a 2 3/4" cut
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

i used rage 3 blade last year and the blood trails were nasty

Id say either tekan IIs or Rage 2 bladers....
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

Default Trophy Ridge!!

Trophy Ridge Meat Seekers will beat the rage hands down!!! I shot a doe in the shoulder with the rage...no penetration at all. Rage has poor design on the three blades configuration also, the blades will get locked on each other on impact they won't open all the way. Rage pays far to many people too much to stand behind them. Read the reviews at cabelas.com many people say they get no penetration. Rages are great for shooting ballistic gel and thats it! In my opinion Rage is junk! The meat seekers will bust bone like a Muzzy... Meat Seekers are bad to the bone! Now they have the 2in. two blade also. Can't go wrong with them.

(x2) 2007 Guardians 70# @29in.
    GoldTip 5575
    Gateway Razor feathers
    Limb drivers, HHAs
    meanv supressor, TruBall

Get a pack of the Vortec heads I cannot believe nobody talks about them anymore. They have been out for a long time and are very durable so far for me and shoot excellent. I shot several deer with them. Get a pack and try them.

I stopped using the 3 blade design they usually have 3 very small screws holding the blades in place I shot 2 in a foam target and 2 of the blades broke.
    Last edited by Breck; 08-10-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Old Archer

Question Mechanical Heads

I been researching this myself lately. I have found some disappointed reports of deflection issues in the RAGE HEAD. Go to GOOGLE and Google up Rage and read for yourself. Some are liking the G5 Tekan2 head. I tried these, but they shoot several inches right at twenty yards with my set up. I have decided to stay with tried and true fixed heads. That commerical with Hank Parker with the Swacker Broadhead looks promising!!!
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

The rage 2 blades are nice, also the rocket stealheads are nice to. You can get the stealheads on ebay unopened for about 17 a pack.

Old Archer

Talking The First One?

Can Any one remember the very first Nationaly adverstsed mechanical broadhead. A hint, when Cabela's catalog only had a dozen or less heads to pick from . It appeared as the last head advertised in the archery catalog!
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

Try a vortec

whitetail slayer

Default swahckers

swahckers. accurate and good bloodtrails

if you havent tried the undertakers they are worth trying, they shoot just like my field tips as do my muzzy mx4's. i have also heard great things about the meat seakers. slick tricks are good too. i'm stickin with my muzzys but i carry 2 undertakers in my quiver for those long range shots (they seem to group better at 80 yards compared to the muzzys or the slick tricks). anything under 50 yards and i will definitely have a muzzy flying at the target.