You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Want to try 3d

Default Want to try 3d

I just bought a new Hoyt Vtec and I bought my wife a new Parker ChallengerII, and my wife and I are very interested in getting into 3d as well as an indoor target league. I am also an avid bowhunter, but I am not sure she will want to hunt (no arguments here ).

My question is: Is it reallistic to use the same bow for all three sports? I have noticed alot of people saying that they have different rigs for each. I really don't have the money to do that, but I want to shoot with my wife to keep her interested in the sport (she loves it now), and this would be a great way to do that.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks.
    Joekidd
    Last edited by joekidd; 12-14-2005 at 01:32 PM.
    No bashing.......Violators will be shot.......Survivors will be prosecuted.

You most certainly can use one bow for all three types of archery. Don't worry about multiple bows. Just learn to shoot the one you have the best your can. Each facet of the sport brings new challenges. 3D, learning the animals and learning to judge yardage. Indoor 300, learning great shooting form. Hunting well, that's just plain fun.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Thumbs up

Chris,
    Thanks for the reply. It's good to know that I won't have to change equipment to do all three.
    I just thought it would be a great way to shoot more, and I am looking forward to trying 3d and target league with my wife, and knowing that we won't have to shell out more hard earned money to do it is a big relief!

Thanks again
    No bashing.......Violators will be shot.......Survivors will be prosecuted.