You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: New to this

Default New to this

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tony and I am new to this forum and also new to bowhunting and archery. I am ready to begin learning the art of bowhunting. I just purchased my first bow which is a Forge PF 34. I am wanting to new the good or bad about this bow. I look forward to talking with everyone.

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TONECOP45 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Tony and I am new to this forum and also new to bowhunting and archery. I am ready to begin learning the art of bowhunting. I just purchased my first bow which is a Forge PF 34. I am wanting to new the good or bad about this bow. I look forward to talking with everyone.
    I don't think I've ever heard of Forge before...

I just looked them up and now I know that I've never heard of em before. They must be very small time / local and the PF 34 isn't a current run. Which I could tell ya more about it but I just don't know anything on them
    No I'm not dead

Welcome to the group...and the sport

I've heard of Forge, But nothing about them...I don't know any one who sells or shoots them sorry...

I'm not familiar with them either, but here's a good place to start.
    http://www.forgebow.com/contact.html
    Get all the bow specs (axle to axle, and brace height), cam system, how draw lenth is changed, string/cable lenths, tune specs, etc, right from them. Welcome to archery, and this forum. Don't hesitate to ask any questions, if we can help we will.

Welcome!!

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the reply. I do like the designs of the Forge bow and would consider it the first bow. I will be getting a Bowtech in the future but starting out right now. Please continue to send more feedbacks. Thanks

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Thanks for all the reply. I do like the designs of the Forge bow and would consider it the first bow. I will be getting a Bowtech in the future but starting out right now. Please continue to send more feedbacks. Thanks
    Hey if it shoots and shoots true go kill ya a sack full of deer with it.
    Don't let tha advertizin' hype fool ya.
    Oh yeah welcome here and I hope ya don't mind our little bit well whole lot of craziness and hijackin' threads fer we are notorious fer it..... even love it.
    so jump on in with both feet.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

TONECOP45

welcome

to the forum and to the very diverse sport of archery. I do hope you're gonna do plenty of practicing before you go out hunting. I've always wondered..do folks buy a bow then shoot a little and deem themselves ready to go hunting? I do hope you're going to do lots of practice and become a pretty good shot before you go finding your dinner.
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

Quote Originally Posted by chelleo View Post
    to the forum and to the very diverse sport of archery. I do hope you're gonna do plenty of practicing before you go out hunting. I've always wondered..do folks buy a bow then shoot a little and deem themselves ready to go hunting? I do hope you're going to do lots of practice and become a pretty good shot before you go finding your dinner.

I plan to practice before I hit the field. I want to at least practice twice a week at the local archery range in Gander mtn. I also plan to visit a high fenced hog hunting ranch once I get better and confident.

Have fun shooting. As for the hog hunt, they sure are some good eatin.
    IT'S NOT ABOUT THE KILLIN, IT'S ABOUT THE GRILLIN
    FBSA MEMBER

Well Hi there and WELCOME to the forum.

"HONDA"

Forge Archery is a small company. I shot the smoke and the srx. very nice shooting bows. Fast and quiet. built very well also. Good luck..
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

sorry i dont know anything about them .... if it shoots and you can group arrows with it then it is a good bow....no need to buy the advertisements especially for the first bow... enjoy it and shoot often.... good luck

I plan to practice before I hit the field. I want to at least practice twice a week at the local archery range in Gander mtn. I also plan to visit a high fenced hog hunting ranch once I get better and confident.
    That's great to hear ....BTW my statement was a fairly generalized one ....not any reflection on you at all. But, but then you're gonna kill ole porky pig...oh the shame of it all
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR