You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Bowtech Bows

Default Bowtech Bows

Hello Readers! I am thinking about buying a new bow, and have had an offer to buy a used (1 year) Bowtech Patriot, fully equiped for a reasonable price. I have never heard of this manufacturer and was wondering how Bowtech stacks up against Hoyt, Mathews, Fred Bear and all the top players. Any advice on where to read about customer satisfaction? Thanks,
    Cowvet1

Hi Cowvet1
    Bowtech is definately a top player in the industry. They make a very good product, and many archers swear by them.
    The best thing I can tell you is to shoot the bow, and if it feels comfortable, buy it.
    Make sure it is the right draw length and weight for you, and you'll do great.

Good luck.
    No bashing.......Violators will be shot.......Survivors will be prosecuted.

We sell Bowtech in our retail shop. I can tell you they are top notch. We consider them one of the Big 3 bow companies. The patriot is a very fast single cam bow and is a very good shooter.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Question Bowtech and arrows

Thanks guys, I appreciate your advice. ALong those same lines, do you recommend carbon or aluminum arrows for the Bowtechs, ie. 2005 Bowtech Patriot? What size and weight? Thanks,
    Cowvet1

Alum vs Carbon is personal preference. In our shop, we sell Carbon over Alum 100:1. We still have people order Aluminum arrows but not very many.

Spine size would be dependant on draw lenght or arrow length actually and how many pounds you pull
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default Bowtech bows...

I shoot a few constitutions for all my target needs and I will be shooting a 06'Old glory with speedcams in max hd advantage camo for hunting....
    I started up with bowtechs after shooting mathews for about 5 years and hoyt for a season.Once I started shooting them I found a increase in my scores and love the way it draws.
    I realize that any bow takes a little bit getting use to it,once I did...I think it speaks for itself.
    The bowtechs are really one of the best bows to get.
    There are many good things about there bows that makes them keep getting better even every year, getting better,ad being a better shooter is what I intend on doing.
    I could choose any manufactures bows to shoot,I guess I will be shooting bowtechs for a while,I know that I am glad I made that decision.
    Any questions in perticular give me a Pm,be glad to try and answer them as well.

Bowtechs are a very good, high quality bow. They are quiet, no hand shock, and they are pretty fast to. I just recently got my new Bowtech Old Glory, And i think this is the best bow i've ever shot.
    I hope this info helps you a little bit.

Erik

Not to step on anyones grapes, but on the other side of the line of Bowtechs, if your gonna buy one you might want to consider picking up an extra set of limbs,you have to admit that they have had some problems with some of the models, but then again Matherws went thru the same problem there for a while. Out of the "Big Three" (and Fred Bear is no where close) I have heard and seen less problems out of the Hoyts. But then what do I know, I shoot a Martin

Point being, you will get all kinds of different opinions on each and every manufacture out there. Go get that Patirot, shoot it, if it feels good and confortable, have the guy go with you to a pro shop and have it checked out to make sure it is in good condition, while your there, shoot a couple of bows that the shop has and compare. That way you can make an educated decision on your purchase. Good luck

MoBowman ```--------->
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Thumbs up If it fits you buy it!!!!

I shot a Bowtech Patriot for 2 years and I have a Bowtech Allegiance now.The Patriot is still my favorite Bowtech.Easy to shoot,fast,and quiet.Not one single problem.
    As for the above post.I know there has been alot of Bowtech limb bashing going on for a while.But these new bows with the vertical limbs require a different bow press than conventional style bows.And more than likely any damage done was user inflicted.

Everyones an expert...........
    Brandon
    GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
    06 Bowtech Allegiance

28.5" 60/70
    F.O.C.: http://www.goldtip.com/calculators/foc.asp
    K.E : http://home.att.net/~sajackson/ballistics.html

cowvet1, the Patriot is very good shooting bow, Fast, quiet, little to no vibration/recoil. Accurate, too. The factory strings are the best out there. The draw length can be changed with a simple module swap, so that's not really an issue. Just be sure to shoot it at the correct draw length when trying it out. Improper draw length can make an otherwise nice bow feel really bad, no matter the brand. As to how BowTech stacks up, they offer as good a bow as is available. And BowTech is a very good company re: customer service. If you like the Patriot, buy it. It'll serve you well.
    "Could you guys be quiet. My dad's trying to shoot."
    BowTech........Refuse To Follow.

Default Limb issues?perhaps they all have in the past?

In the last 2 years I have not or my dealer has not had one bow have cracked limbs...
    sipping on the wine dude?
    Maybe we are talking before these binarys came into world.
    I beleive alot of the bows that are out in the last two years are speaking top 3,are virtually the way to go.You are not going to stop them now.They keep even getting better.
    I have a hard time keeping a bow for a more than a year now.
    Something like the Constitution,it shoots better ever time ya pick it up usually,and this is one thing,getting a bow that doesn't lie to you is another,this one is shooting dead nuts,it's me that needs the help.ha,ha.
    The 06' Old Glory in max4 advantage camo with speed cams is what I am rigging up for hunting for this year.
    I should have the sight and the arrows come in soon soon as they do,I will put it through the ringer for you people and let ya know what I think about it.Last years just drilled em.

Default bowtech

I shoot Hoyts, but I have shot a few bowtechs and was really impressed. they seem to be really good bows. I am not really in the market for a new bow for hunting or target but when I am Bowtech will definitely be a consideration.