You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Doe Run Mo,south east Missouri
    Posts
    1,529

    Default I'm old school.....

    and need some help on arrows.I'll start with my main 2 hunting rigs.Fb Truth 73# @ 30" DL.My arrows are XX 78 2512 pape's mossy oaks ultra/lites @ 29.75 and total wght 503 grs and i'm getting right @ 264fps.The other bow is a Darton maverick 71# same DL and same arrow and getting right @ 270fps.I've used these arrows for a looooong time but was wondering if theirs a lighter "alum" arrow that matches these setup's.I'm not a speed person and my hunting is always from a tree stand.Please...i have nothing againest carbon,there just not for me...I have a 1/2doz of A/C/C's super/lites but as far as wght theirs not much difference than the 2512's...Please....only productive answers at first.....than you can start kicking me arrond.

  2. #2
    And thats no lie ! poorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    3,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IChim2 View Post
    and need some help on arrows.I'll start with my main 2 hunting rigs.Fb Truth 73# @ 30" DL.My arrows are XX 78 2512 pape's mossy oaks ultra/lites @ 29.75 and total wght 503 grs and i'm getting right @ 264fps.The other bow is a Darton maverick 71# same DL and same arrow and getting right @ 270fps.I've used these arrows for a looooong time but was wondering if theirs a lighter "alum" arrow that matches these setup's.I'm not a speed person and my hunting is always from a tree stand.Please...i have nothing againest carbon,there just not for me...I have a 1/2doz of A/C/C's super/lites but as far as wght theirs not much difference than the 2512's...Please....only productive answers at first.....than you can start kicking me arrond.
    Sorry. I cant help you. I have not shot aluminm in 12 years. Why dont you like carbon?
    That course was so easy I even missed a target !!

  3. #3
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,884

    Default

    I still shoot some 2219 alums but have went to X-Weaves for hunting and 3D. I would suggest you do like I did and buy yourself 6 and see what happens. I too was old school until last year. Just flex them after each shot.


    "HONDA"

  4. #4
    IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Doe Run Mo,south east Missouri
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poorman View Post
    Sorry. I cant help you. I have not shot aluminm in 12 years. Why dont you like carbon?
    Ive shot alum's for 25yrs and never a problem + the fact that where i live all there is...is deer/turkey and a few pigs.My shots are always in side 30yds and most often inside 22yds.I keep my bows tuned and in spec's at all times.I do...do some 3-d but use the same set up that i hunt with and do ok but just wondered if there were a lighter arrow "alum" that would give me a few more fps.Like i said,i'm old school when it comes to the arrow thing.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    220

    Default

    I dont think there is a lighter alum arrow than the 2512 that will have a spine of around .321

    2514, 2415, 2219 are all close but they are heavier.

    Beman and Eastons carbon 340 shafts have a spine of .34 with the Lightspeeds being the lightest.

  6. #6
    IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Doe Run Mo,south east Missouri
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tek View Post
    I dont think there is a lighter alum arrow than the 2512 that will have a spine of around .321

    2514, 2415, 2219 are all close but they are heavier.

    Beman and Eastons carbon 340 shafts have a spine of .34 with the Lightspeeds being the lightest.
    I figured that.Let me back peddle a bit...I shoot shoot Eastons real tree hard woods340's with Blazers out of my Darton mag33 50-60lbs set at 61.Their rated at 10grs per inch witch is roughly 460 tw @ 29.75.They work great with that bow...along with xx78 2314 super/lites.

  7. #7
    Senior Member j3dGuam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Guam, Western Tropical Pacific
    Posts
    308

    Default

    You can shoot 2312 and a short overdraw to get your arrow spine back.

  8. #8
    Senior Member BowTechArch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    207

    Default

    .My arrows are XX 78 2512 pape's mossy oaks ultra/lites

    If you just shoot 2 or 3 deer a year...that's okay

    BUT....those 2512's are awfully "fragile" compared to say a 2117, a more durable carbon would serve you better in the long run.

    I remember back in 1990...we all shot 2213's or 2413's with an overdraw and Thunderhead 125's....
    2008 82nd Airborne Realtree H/D Green, I shot the 101st first...and then the 82nd second...went with the 82nd FIRST....
    #65.16 @27.5", 26" 362 gr. Easton Nano 500, GrizzTricks, FOB = 320 fps, 82.33 ft./lbs. K.E., G5 Expert II
    2007 Commander Mossy Oak OBS #68.00 @??.?", 26" 383 gr. C/X Aramid 250, FOB = ??? fps
    www.angelfire.com/empire/realbow/buck1.html

  9. #9
    Senior Member j3dGuam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Guam, Western Tropical Pacific
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowTechArch View Post
    I remember back in 1990...we all shot 2213's or 2413's with an overdraw and Thunderhead 125's....
    Those were the days........ I still like shooting 2315 for spots

  10. #10
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Ha,Chim!

    Quote Originally Posted by IChim2 View Post
    and need some help on arrows.I'll start with my main 2 hunting rigs.Fb Truth 73# @ 30" DL.My arrows are XX 78 2512 pape's mossy oaks ultra/lites @ 29.75 and total wght 503 grs and i'm getting right @ 264fps.The other bow is a Darton maverick 71# same DL and same arrow and getting right @ 270fps.I've used these arrows for a looooong time but was wondering if theirs a lighter "alum" arrow that matches these setup's.I'm not a speed person and my hunting is always from a tree stand.Please...i have nothing againest carbon,there just not for me...I have a 1/2doz of A/C/C's super/lites but as far as wght theirs not much difference than the 2512's...Please....only productive answers at first.....than you can start kicking me arrond.
    I dont think that weight is right!
    Those 2512 shouldnt weigh that much do they?
    What point are ya using?
    I shoot 2213-28 3/4in. with a 100gr head at 412gr
    and on my recurve 2117 29in 100grhead at 473gr.
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

  11. #11
    IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Doe Run Mo,south east Missouri
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
    I dont think that weight is right!
    Those 2512 shouldnt weigh that much do they?
    What point are ya using?
    I shoot 2213-28 3/4in. with a 100gr head at 412gr
    and on my recurve 2117 29in 100grhead at 473gr.
    I done a little work on them...been wanting to redo them any way for the season..XX78 2512 pape's mossy oak 29" long w/uni-bushing,nock,insert,4" dura vanes and a 100gr fp = 502gr's.

    XX75 2514 golden futura/black forest camo 29" long w/uni-bushing,nock,insert,4"dura vanes and a 100fp = 525gr's.

    easton hardwoods green 340's 29" long w/nock,insert,blazer vanes and a 100gr fp =446gr.

Similar Threads

  1. Sunday School help
    By Holy Smokes in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 05:45 PM
  2. Sunday School
    By Holy Smokes in forum Offtopic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 12:34 PM
  3. School bow or target $49.95
    By InterSchola in forum Bows for sale or trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 02:04 PM
  4. Nfaa Shooter School Vidios
    By bill giacomo in forum Archery Equipment Accessories - Buy Sell Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 05:20 AM
  5. Tom School Jr. Memorial Shoot
    By HuntersEdgeArchery in forum Tournament Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 01:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •