You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default BT Release with loop or without?

Hello there. I am pretty new to this web-site and have a question for any one that can help. I have been shooting a scott little goose ever since I have started to bow hunt. I have currently gotten involved in shooting 3-d and got involved with a local sporting goods store and they have now sponsored me. Along with that I looked into shooting a back-tension release. I am now a co-op shooter for Carter and I am shooting a Insatiable. I love the Bt release but have problems. I am shooting a hoyt supertec at 29". I put as small of a loop on the bow as possible but at extreme angles I have a hard time getting it to go off.

My question does anyone shoot a bt without the loop and just snaps it to the serving like the jaws on a scott/other release?

Any help would be great. P.S. I am unable to adjust the draw-length on the supertec because they are not adjustable. I am currently shooting a gold-tip X-Cutter at 26-1/2 weighing in at 336 grains. My bow is set at 60 lbs and I am getting 310 fps out of them. They also tuned awesomely. I also just changed my fletching over to bohning's blazer's. Remarkable fletchings!!

Thanks
    Shane

Shane-
    yes you can shoot right off the string. Provided you have the release rope on your release.( the way it comes from Carter ). The only problem you may encounter is eating up your center serving. The rope, whipping off the the string can begin to wear it a bit. I have found that I like to use the loop. I ( my opinion ) like to have my release right behind the arrow, rather than under it.I think you get smoother flight from the arrow.
    When you say that you have a hard time on extreme angles, what do you mean? Are you talking about your body being bent up or down hills? If this is the case, I to along with a lot of others have this problem. You have to make sure you are bent at the waist and try not to change your form. I don't know if this helps or answers your question, but maybe someone else will put their 2 cents in. Good luck. Jeff

Default Supertec

Shane
    I also shoot a supertec and gold tip XT's. They should weigh close to yours but with 100 grain tips they weigh like 390 grains. They are 29" but you must be cutting some wieght off elsewhere too. What inserts and vanes do you use? Mine only shoots 282 and it's 29" draw and set at 65-67 lbs?

Dave

Default Supertec Speed

Dave,

I am not sure what all you have as far as rest and what not. I have a trophy Taker drop away rest, Thus I can shoot a shorter arrow due to the fact that when the trophy taker flips up it is farther back then other brands of rests. My arrow is a Gold Tip X-Cutter Pro-Series. My arrow consists of an over all length of 27-1/4". I am shooting bohning's new blazer fletching's.
    The tip I am shooting is a 50 grain glue in tip, with an insert and weight getting the total weight to 81 Grains. I weighed my arrows at 326.6 grains. So I set me bow at 60 lbs and shot it throught the chronograph and got 310. I then cranked my bow up to 65 lbs and only gained 2 fps. Now a lot of difference so seams how 60 lbs is more forgiving on the shoulder I went back down in poundage. I don't know that if anyone else has heard of this but when I changed my factory strings out for winner's choice I also gained speed!! 3 Fps, is what I gained not a lot but every bit counts. I shot with a gentleman that was shooting a bowtec and he gained speed when he changed his strings also!! According to him he has gained speed with winner's choice strings all of the time?? I also know that no matter what hoyt's advertising sometimes the bows can get out of tuning. That will help you gain speed also. Our 3-d season just ended and so I am going to put my Supertec back up to the rigors of tuning.
    I hope that I was of some help. If you have any more questions feel free to ask or tips let me know.
    Keep In touch.

Shane

Default Speed

That explains it ...the target tips. I like to keep mine set up for mostly hunting but like speed too, Love the bow. I am about ready for new string and maybe cables. Did you say winners choice string or string and cable?

Thanks

Default Supertec Speed

Dave,

I also love my Supertec. I pretty much just use mine for 3-d shooting but have used it for hunting. I now have a cybertec for hunting. I had winner's choice stirings and cables put on. I went with the colored strings which made them a little more spendier but they look cool. I am about due for new ones on my cybertec. It is my hunting bow so I will probably go with the camo colors, maybe!