You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Releases

Default Releases

How many of you stick with one release? Or do you change between releases a lot?

Does the multi releases help with target panic?

I have 2 releases that I use. My carter 2-shot is for hunting and outdoor 3d. And my carter evolution + is for spots and practicing. It trains me not to punch my 2-shot and gives you that all important "surprise" release. My steadiness and scores went way up w/ the 2-shot after practicing w/ my evo+. The evo is the best design release yet, IMO that is.

I've got a drawer full. My current release is a Tru-fire 3D hunter thumb trigger. I also dabble with a Tru-Ball Ultra 3 back tension release when I've been bad and deserve a punch in the mouth.

I would blank bale with your eyes closed to help with the TP before changing releases.

I would blank bale with your eyes closed to help with the TP before changing releases.
    GREAT ADVICE! I have found that blank bailing is the most effective way to overcome those bouts of TP that come about now and again, and also the best way to get used to a new release, although i don't switch often. A new release may help for a while, but overall, improving mental focus and muscle memory (form) is the best way i have found to overcome TP.

I have heard that shooting different releases will help control target panic. I have come to realize that it is something I will live with. Soon you will know me as the greatest target panic shooter of all time.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

Site Guru

I normally use a TRU Pro-Diamond for everything but I think I'm gonna go back to my TRU FIre wrist release for hunting just because its more convient and I don't want to lose another Pro Diamond
    No I'm not dead

I use a Carter Solution 3 for indoor target and a TRU Ball Pro Diamond for 3D and a TRU Ball Tornado for hunting, which has the same jaws as the Pro Diamond. I'm considering getting rid of the Tornado and using the Pro Diamond for hunting, with some sort of wrist sling so I don't drop it from the stand. I really like that release. I'll probably get rid of the Solution 3 as well...

I have on-again-off-again TP no matter what I do or use.

Ron

I currently use the Tru Ball Pro Diamond, but I also have wrist release. I think I will try the wrist release tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    How many of you stick with one release? Or do you change between releases a lot?

Does the multi releases help with target panic?
    I keep the same Tru-Ball bt gold ultra 3. but I have a few of them set at different timing. I will change up every now and then when I notice that I'm knowing when it should go off..
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    I currently use the Tru Ball Pro Diamond, but I also have wrist release. I think I will try the wrist release tomorrow.
    Just remember you can't anchor in the same spot with them! (I don't think that arrow has landed yet hehe)
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Just remember you can't anchor in the same spot with them! (I don't think that arrow has landed yet hehe)
    Yes, exactly, which may or may not help with TP.
    For me comfort is the cure for TP and anchor point is a huge key in that. The last few months I have been working on getting comfortable. My first round of the 5 spot 3D-Shoots results will illustrate that for sure (in a 'not so good' way).

Ron