You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default how do you handle it?

when your told you cant shoot your bow or lift 10 lbs for six weeks. it going on 3 weeks and driving me nuts not being able to shoot.

Site Guru

when you can't shoot archery come on here and talk it!
    No I'm not dead

even when you can do it, come on here and talk about it......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    when your told you cant shoot your bow or lift 10 lbs for six weeks. it going on 3 weeks and driving me nuts not being able to shoot.
    Does get frustrating --- After I had Rotor Cuff surgery this year, I used a mini-Genesis to shoot! It did take the edge off a bit, but not completely cure the Archery Addiction

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    Make sure you do any excercises they tell you to do as well. You want to strengthin up those muscles that help you shoot....your back mostly of course...You can wax your strings...hmmmm hug your bow...all those things besides shooting it
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

It's tuff...but they're right just get in here and talk shop...It makes it a little more bearable...

Default Twiddle your thumbs

Not well. My wife couldn't wait for me to go to archery range. 6 weeks with neck injury.

Sounds horrible........6 weeks with no shooting.

I sure hope you get through it ok. This forum and bowhunting magazines help me alot when I am not able to shoot.

"HONDA"

Can you at least do 12 ounce curls ?

Ron

I think I can relate. Back in March I came down with a slight cervical (neck) problem. Like two herniated disks and pretty bad stenosis (arthritis) that in three weeks took me from shooting my bow to not even being able to hold it out to draw. My left deltoid muscle got destroyed.

Went through all the proper channels (doctors)and tests and finally got my much needed spinal surgery July 19th. I'm on a 10 pound weight limit till Sept 19th or so. And even after that I may be in rehab for several months to build up my back and shoulder muscles to a point where I can handle a 40# bow.

Post surgery also meant I wasn't allowed to drive for a month and had to wear a neck brace till the fusion had taken a good hold. Try looking at the same four walls for a month. The only thing I was given a green light on was walking. "Walk all ya want" I was told. Well, about 20 miles a week helped me drop almost 18lbs. This and no pain are the good sides.

Now, imagine having been in love with archery for 35 years Bowhunting just about as long. Having two new bows this year, one a Martin S4 target model that I got in March and has yet to have an arrow drawn through it.

Yeh, it's tough, but it's not permanent. Ya gotta look at the bright side.

OH YEH, I'm 60 years old and this is the 3rd neck surgery in the last 15 years. Life is still good.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

Hey you guys with the various ailements I hope you get back in the saddle soon....

Ron

i own a shop so its hard not to think about shooting . second week after surgery i put in over 70 hours trying to catch up. my customers helped me out a lot. they learned alot about setting up there own stuff in the last couple weeks.couldnt believe how many came in to help run leagues and build arrows etc. i have a lot of real good customers or should i say friends.and i thank all of them.