You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Biscuits or drop away?

Hello all! I'm new to the site and Im looking for some info on which would be better for an 07 Bowtech allegiance. Would my whisker biscuit or a drop away rest be better for hunting?

ldavis512.

You're going to get varying opinions on your question. If you've been using a whisker biscuit and are happy with it, I'd stay with it. They're pretty bulletproof.

If the use is for hunting then you would want to go with something that is going to hold your arrow when not at full draw, this case the whisker bisquit is the better choice unless you have an arrow holder hooked up for the drop away. For target or even 3 d then the drop away. But if you are confident that you can draw that arrow anytime and it not fall from the drop away rest, then you will have to decide what is personal preference.

Site Guru

I use a Whisker Bisquit for hunting and will for as long as they make them. They work great, don't affect arrow flight and are easy to tune and there is no possiblity of noise or failure.

When I'm inthe woods its all about KISS (Keep it simple stupid), 1 pin, WB, wrist release, fixed blade broadhead, peep, STS. Thats it.
    No I'm not dead

I love my drop away. I won't buy anything else.

Thanks for the warm welcome. You guys gave me some helpful advice, now to put my bicuit on my new bow and sling some arrows into a target. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by ldavis512 View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome. You guys gave me some helpful advice, now to put my bicuit on my new bow and sling some arrows into a target. Thanks guys!
    Welcome !

You'll like the biscuit. Like Dredly said, it's easy to set up and no moving parts or anything to break in the field. The only advice I have is to use some durable vanes like Blazers and definitely do not use Quick-spins with a biscuit...

Ron

For hunting...it's WB all the way baby...you can't get any more bullet proof. I would agree with the recommendation for a durable vane though. Although i've never had a WB rip any fletching off, they do start to look a little ragged after a period of time.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by ldavis512 View Post

and Welcome...

Remember that when you papertune it that your corrections will probobly be reversed. Nock up means nock down. Nock right means nock left.
    It's the nature of the rest, but if you realize that the nock will bounce off the rest when out of tune the arrow is fishtailing through the paper.
    Not a big issue. If you correct things bacwards you will have a very accurate hunting rest. I use it for 3D too. I like to practice with what I hunt with.
    Use Blazers for a fixed, and mini Blazers for a Mechanical broadhead. And Goat Tuff Glue!

Thanks for the info sniper. Ive got a lil work to do. But thats the fun in it.

Wb..............

"HONDA"