You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: what size scope

Default what size scope

I'm looking at Black Eagle 29mm or 35mm or 42mm what size is the best all around scope for 3D and Local club Spots it's for my Apex 7

The 29mm is what I have for spots and I believe you could use that for 3D as well. Bowman has a scope but don't know the size, he does way more 3d than I do. I think I'd like a 35mm for doing even the indoor 3d because it would be nice to see more area but I know the 29 is fine for spots for sure. I love my Black Eagle and I have the .8 lens cause I like to be able to see what I'm shooting at. If you do alot of 3D then actually the 35mm would probably be better but you don't need bigger than that. I used a circle and a dot on the lens which helps alot in aiming. Chris here of Obsession has the best prices on the net for these scopes.
    Last edited by chelleo; 08-29-2007 at 03:41 PM.
    FBSA Member and Concierge
    Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR

I use a 29mm for indoor spots and it works great for me with the 1/16" peep I use.

If I were going to shoot 3D with a scope I would personally go bigger so the sight picture would be bigger. In fact I would probably go all the way to 42mm and go with a bigger peep for 3D.

Having said the the 35mm may be a good compromise for 3D and spots but I never tried a 35mm. All I know is that I would probably not use my 29mm for 3D.

Ron

well I just got a Black eagle 29mm with a .55 lens and a dot for $150 shipped for spot and now looking for a 42mm for 3D with a .5 or 4x lens let me know if someone sees something I would like it to be Black eagle brand.

Quote Originally Posted by hduc2005 View Post
    well I just got a Black eagle 29mm with a .55 lens and a dot for $150 shipped for spot and now looking for a 42mm for 3D with a .5 or 4x lens let me know if someone sees something I would like it to be Black eagle brand.
    That's a good price.
    If you are going to use multiple scopes you should pony up the $35 or so for an extra Sure-Loc adjustable 3rd axis mounting block so you can swap scopes with minimal re-adjustment of the sight.

Ron

Default Black Eagle Scopes

For 3D the 42mm will work the best. I am currently using one with a .7 lens and intensity kit, and a 1/16th inch green clarifier in the super peep. The clarity and brightness is amazing. The intensity kit is a must for 3D, especially dark targets, and has the added bonus of being able to use the aperture by itself without a lens on rainy days. So far, this is the best set up i have ever used for 3D.

13/4 but I do not use a Black eagle. I have found a guy that makes just as good of a lens in my opion. So I use a extreme scope. You can find him on AT in the ads. Archery Optics. Tell him shovelhead80 sent you and he will help you out. Wjy I say all this is, he owns the company that makes the lens. Now think of what company around makes great lens becaouse they have to. And offer all kinds of coatings and tents and powers. His main company makes EYE glasses. He makes scope lens to order on the side. so any power true center ground ( unlike most others) He can prove that. And he is a great guy also. All my lens are made by him and both my girls to. He has made a adapter to fit his lenses to Black eagle scope also. So no more 150 dollar lenses to have to buy for your eagles now. I am working with his machinest on a set up for the leathel weapon also.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

I persoanlly like the 1.75" Cr scopes. The smaller apetures help me concentrate more on the spot I'm aiming at. And I dont get to look at to much outside it.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS