You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Dealers, what do you offer your staff shooters?

I am looking for information from Dealers or Staff shooters only please.

We offer our staff coop shooter bows when they are available and then discounts on all merchandise they purchase. Some discounts are large and some small depending on the items. Obviously there is not a lot of markup in a dozen nocks, etc.

1) What work do you require from your staff shooters?
    2) Do you require that they send you referral business?
    3) Do you offer products a percent over cost or a percentage off the price in the store?
    4) If they buy a second bow do you give them at cost?
    5) If no shooter bow is available, do you give it to them at cost?
    6) How do you feel about your staff shooters buying from Archery Classifieds?

Thanks for any information
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I help out around the shop wheni have time, but i am not required to and I get payed for it....

I tell as many people as I can the CFS is where I do my archery business.

3) Do you offer products a percent over cost or a percentage off the price in the store?

I pay cost on most items

bows are at cost-
    (although we have an agreement that works out to where most bows cost me very little to nothing)

See item 4

he doesnt have a problem w/it and I have bought stuff from the classifieds while at the shop......its never been brought up.....

**Side note......Shooter clothes and visors are free 2 shirts and 4 visors a year......
    I cut things up and split them down!

when I used to be on staff w/ our pro-shop. I would volunteer as much as possible. Help at shows and shoots. Pro-mote our shop. Help teach archery classes w/ kids. And about every little thing that was needed.
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    when I used to be on staff w/ our pro-shop. I would volunteer as much as possible. Help at shows and shoots. Pro-mote our shop. Help teach archery classes w/ kids. And about every little thing that was needed.
    I volunteer to do a bunch of stuff, but Chris was asking, what is required, dont want people to think I just all take, and no give back......
    I cut things up and split them down!

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I am looking for information from Dealers or Staff shooters only please.

We offer our staff coop shooter bows when they are available and then discounts on all merchandise they purchase. Some discounts are large and some small depending on the items. Obviously there is not a lot of markup in a dozen nocks, etc.

Thanks for any information

Do ya need a shooter for 3dshoots in this area.
    Been here fer years and shoot in tha top of my class.

Hey I need a new shirt

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

that isnt all take. you got to earn it. You also have to bring 10 new people in a year . also have to sell 2 bows minimum a year. have to wear a shooter shirt w/ there logo. to help spread the word..
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Will I will chime in lol I have 3 staff shooters, I buy all ther shirts and hats, arrows, bows, release, quivers, cases, intery fees, transportation. I think they shoot for crap to. O wait that is us. Boy am I getting ripped off. lol
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

I think Chris was wanting to hear from dealers only. I am not big enough yet to have staff shooters yet, but working on it. Maybe sending out free hats soon thou.
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    I think Chris was wanting to hear from dealers only. I am not big enough yet to have staff shooters yet, but working on it. Maybe sending out free hats soon thou.
    Yes thats true. They do have to buy there stuff from the shop. I would start off w/ co-op shooters first QSA. Like shops shooters. They get a small a discount on your product. in return they promote yours. this way it wont hurt buisness.

Hey chris.. All the above are a mojority. except the archery classifieds. thats a NO-NO. Thats the idea of being a shop shooter. helping each other out. Our shop actually dropped a few shooters last year because they were buying stuff cheap off Ebay and A/T. Which is wrong. In my opinion. Support your shop 100%. plus they even have a 30 day lay away plan. So theres no reason to go else where. Its a big resonsibilty on the shooters behalf. If there not willing to abide by the general rules. there replacable... Not very respectfull.
    Last edited by Pinwheel1969; 08-29-2007 at 09:38 PM.
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Yes thats true. They do have to buy there stuff from the shop. I would start off w/ co-op shooters first QSA. Like shops shooters. They get a small a discount on your product. in return they promote yours. this way it wont hurt buisness.
    On when I do it I will do it right. I will research shooters and drop mad cash. Bows fees gold bow stands but buddie they better beable to drill the same hole over and over.

Because for a company unlike a shop it is a big tax right off.

On when I do it I will do it right. I will research shooters and drop mad cash. Bows fees gold bow stands but buddie they better beable to drill the same hole over and over.
    thats the smart way to go bro.. I see to many... As I call them on A/T I want guys. Who make up fake resumes to get free stuff. I hope it all works out for ya. My buddy says he's going to hopefully get a chance to call you this week on your stands. What we talked about. He checked your site out. really like them..
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

cool sounds good I am here after 5 pm week days. I can hook him up. About to start a new run when the weather cools alittle. Picking up some new jigs I had built monday to help bend them with.

thats the smart way to go bro.. I see to many... As I call them on A/T I want guys. Who make up fake resumes to get free stuff. I hope it all works out for ya. My buddy says he's going to hopefully get a chance to call you this week on your stands. What we talked about. He checked your site out. really like them..
    I had a Bow company ask me to buy a bow at a deep discount and be a prom shooter for them. I told them I have one of there bows and do not need another one. Just give me the cards and I would be happy to help them out. But if I promote there bow I had better not have any trouble with suport when I need it. There plant is 6 miles down the road from my house. Bladerunner Archery. I love it. It is my number one hunting bow. Walk and stalk, brush bow.

cool sounds good I am here after 5 pm week days. I can hook him up. About to start a new run when the weather cools alittle. Picking up some new jigs I had built monday to help bend them with.
    cool.. Cause I want to use one in April when I hit the ASA opener at GainesVille. And even before that in Vegas...
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

cool.. Cause I want to use one in April when I hit the ASA opener at GainesVille. And even before that in Vegas...
    O yes I have plenty on hand

O yes I have plenty on hand
    I shot with a guy here in michigan at an ASA qualifier who had a target red blade runner. Was sweet..
    OOPS!! Sorry chris for highjaking this thread. I'm done know!!
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Chris around my area it really depends on the size of the shop and how busy they are. Most shops in my are require shooters to work atleast one weekend a month in the shop unless they shoot 2 tourneys every week. Some shopes provide a bow for the year as others supply at cost. And I have seen everything for cost to 15 % above dealer for shooter prices. One shop does pay the shooter 10% of a new customer (that they bought in) total bill from the first visit and for 1 month after. So it really varies. I am glad I don't have to shoot for a shop any more. I like factory direct staffing. Hope this helps

Good Day.

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff
    Sword Pro Staff Vane Tech Pro Staff
    Gold Tip Factory Staff Coffey marketing
    A.S.A. IL. State Director

None we all volunteer
    No, but we do accomplish that for him
    Yes a discount is given
    4) If they buy a second bow do you give them at cost? never did that, but i know he would discount something
    5) If no shooter bow is available, do you give it to them at cost? prefer not to say other than we do not pay retail
    why should i if i get a discount?