You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default New to the forum and archery, need suggestions.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to really get into archery after enjoying it during my senior year of high school and this semester at college (we have an archery team).

So I'm looking to get my own equipment. Now, based off my other hobbies, my progression usually goes: get an entry-level setup, use it for a few months, then sell it and get something really nice. I'm going to learn from that, plus already using some cheapo stuff at school, I'm looking to cut out the middleman and go for a nice setup right off the bat.

From my looking around and what other people on the team shoot, Win & Win bows have caught my eye (I'm looking at recurves). But from browsing different forums, it seems hard to find much talk about their bows, it looks to be dominated by Martin, Hoyt, PSE, and Bowtech. Is it because these other bows are much better?

Specifically, I'm thinking of the Infinite riser and Everest Pro limbs. Any opinions of that setup? How about other parts of the package like good carbon arrows, stabilizers, and v-bars?
    Last edited by GinoGT; 12-27-2005 at 02:08 PM.

Well, I found that the W&W's are made in Korea. I did not see a list of US dealers, or for that matter, any dealers period on the W&W web site.

If W&W is your preference, Go with it. You must have a contact there. Those are not the staple recurves found in any bow shops I visit. Nor am I into Olympic archery. Not to say they, W&W's, aren't good ones. Just new to me.

Have you shot any of the US made bows?
    Take a kid with you. Show them the Great Outdoors. Pass it on.

Thanks for the reply.

The shop I mentioned has access to W&W stuff. I haven't shot other big brand bows, just the really basic ones we used in school. The guy at the shop did recommend PSE bows, so I may look into some of those. I might stop by there tomorrow.

Gino....

If you post a little more info about yourself, where you are located, and what type of shooting you intend to use the bow for, there may be some others that give you more help.

I do have a recurve, but it is for hunting. It is a PSE Coyote takedown. In camo no less.

Pinky
    Take a kid with you. Show them the Great Outdoors. Pass it on.