You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Aaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!

Just want to vent, I drive a 2003 Silverado, on our way home from a 3d shoot this a.m. the car in front of me on the interstate kicked up a 5 foot length of shredded tractor trailor tread.... little bit o damage, enough to ruin your day, thank goodness for my push bar, it saved the grill. the bumber wasn't so lucky, nor the visor on the front, nor the hood, and even my nerf bar took a hit!

That sucks...
    A couple years ago I had a truck infront of me lose his tailpipe...it bounced and took out the grille, Radiator, hood...Lucky it didn't come through the windshield...

Dude thats sucks. I'm glad you were not hurt though. I hate truckers spreadin tires all over the highways.

"HONDA"

Saturday on the way to my cousin's wedding reception I had the engine blow in my 2005 F150, what really sucks it that it is 4000 miles over warranty.

So, I feel your pain.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    Jesus Christ & The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Some People spend their whole lives wondering if they made a difference in the world.
    Luckily our Service Men and Women don't have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Liv2Bowhunt View Post
    Just want to vent, I drive a 2003 Silverado, on our way home from a 3d shoot this a.m. the car in front of me on the interstate kicked up a 5 foot length of shredded tractor trailor tread.... little bit o damage, enough to ruin your day, thank goodness for my push bar, it saved the grill. the bumber wasn't so lucky, nor the visor on the front, nor the hood, and even my nerf bar took a hit!
    I think I hit one of those in my Volkswagan Passat a month or so ago. It was 3am and we were going down to Sacremento to drop my sister at the airport. I hit something small and out of habit (even though it was too dark to see) I looked in my side mirror. About that time, I heard something REALLY big bounce down the length of my car there was a truck on the side of the road not too far away so we assumed it was a truck tire

On my way to New Mexico last Friday a dump truck was passing the opposite way of me and threw up a pretty big rock. It hit the top of the windshield above the mirror and actually spewed glass all over me while I was driving. Just glad the rock didn't make it all the way through!!!!
    Hook 'Em Horns

Angry

I got my guestimate yesterday, just over $1,900.

Quote Originally Posted by Liv2Bowhunt View Post
    I got my guestimate yesterday, just over $1,900.
    you dont have full coverage on a 2003??

I do have full coverage, I'm just speaking from the damage point of view.

I live near a rock quary. Some A hole dropped some large rocks in the intersection. Mistey was driving us home from indoor 3 spot 9pm. She did not see them and one bouced like a basketball down the lenght of the car under it. Just dent no damage. But made a report with the PD just in case.
    Those road gators are killer on cars. But if it happens and you see the truck. You can chase it down, call the cops and the truck owner or company has to pay for the damages.
    Hooks you should have chase them down got the tag number and called the cops. They would have had to replace you windsheild. Had the happen to a new mini van. Cement mixer, rock chip. A lot of cussing and they had it replaced 900 dollars on a Lumana APV.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol