You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default Ed and Adam's Adventure

    So we head out this mourning to go shoot at Algonquin Archers in Woodbury, Connecticut...But we end up at a Boy scout camp in Torrington...30 mi. NE of the shoot...
    So we get some good directions from the Camp caretaker and we're off again...We finally arrive at the shoot after 3.5 hrs in the truck and the last thing we want to do is shoot...
    I should probably mention that Bowman is running on 3 hrs sleep(he went to the Brad Paisley show at the state fair last night...

    Here's an accurate map of our trip out...
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...&z=9&om=1&pw=2


  2. #2
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    So we head out this mourning to go shoot at Algonquin Archers in Woodbury, Connecticut...But we end up at a Boy scout camp in Torrington...30 mi. NE of the shoot...
    So we get some good directions from the Camp caretaker and we're off again...We finally arrive at the shoot after 3.5 hrs in the truck and the last thing we want to do is shoot...
    I should probably mention that Bowman is running on 3 hrs sleep(he went to the Brad Paisley show at the state fair last night...

    Here's an accurate map of our trip out...
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...&z=9&om=1&pw=2
    and you loved every minute of it.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  3. #3
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Here's the return trip...
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...&z=9&om=1&pw=2

    Great shoot though...the terrain is alittle rough but they setup a great course...and the food was good too...

    well worth the 6 hour ride....


  4. #4

    Default

    I'm glad you guys made it. We appreciate it. We had a very dissapointing turnout today. We only had 99 shooters sign in. It was a beautiful day, and Adam, if you shoot the course twice a week, you get used to it!

    Thanks again for making the trip down guys.
    Vortex Optics Field Staff
    The Sportsmans Outpost, Wolcott, CT
    Algonquin Archers Inc., Woodbury CT.
    VaporTrail Archery ProStaff
    U.B.C. (United Bowhunters of Connecticut)

  5. #5
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tedicast View Post
    I'm glad you guys made it. We appreciate it. We had a very dissapointing turnout today. We only had 99 shooters sign in. It was a beautiful day, and Adam, if you shoot the course twice a week, you get used to it!

    Thanks again for making the trip down guys.
    that course wipped my arse..........
    I cut things up and split them down!

  6. #6
    Senior Member J.C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    that course wipped my arse..........
    Sissy?

  7. #7
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    Sissy?
    lets see......you wearnt there..........................ZIP IT
    I cut things up and split them down!

  8. #8
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tedicast View Post
    I'm glad you guys made it. We appreciate it. We had a very dissapointing turnout today. We only had 99 shooters sign in. It was a beautiful day, and Adam, if you shoot the course twice a week, you get used to it!

    Thanks again for making the trip down guys.
    No problem...I had a great time...
    And the course terrain isn't that bad...I think it was just that Adam spent more time driving than sleeping this weekend...

    Hey since we drove for 2 days do we get free t-shirts for the farthest distance traveled...???


  9. #9
    Senior Member vonottoexperience's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dutchess N.Y.
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Google sent you that way?? The hunter stake was pretty easy...but the Pro stake looked harder. It was a fun shoot with my hunting gear...lots of deer targets, good tune up for the season

  10. #10
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vonottoexperience View Post
    Google sent you that way?? The hunter stake was pretty easy...but the Pro stake looked harder. It was a fun shoot with my hunting gear...lots of deer targets, good tune up for the season
    No...
    Adam had the wrong address on the first search...so we had directions to a boy scout camp in Torrington...The directions were great...they just went to the wrong place...

    I just happened to print John's directions from the post but didn't look at them until we got lost... but atleast from them we were able to figure out where we should have gone and make a course correction...

    The hunter stake was't bad at all...I was off a bit...to the left...and tried adjusting...by target 14 I figured out my sight was crooked abit...

    So my score was 240...But alot of 8's (doublelungers)...so good clean kills...I was satisfied...I know I can smok bambi and that's what I'm concerned with now...


  11. #11
    Junior Member mrstedicast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Beacon Falls, CT
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Glad you guys made it down, maybe next time you should use mapquest instead of google maps!!!! Or just have someone else print out directions!!!!! Turned out to be a nice day for a shoot after starting out so cold. I had a bad first half and kept second guessing myself with my yardage, I came back and did much better in the second half for a score of 233. Not my best score but good enough for 1st!!! I saw 2 other females yesterday and one didn't turn in her card and the other scored a 202 so I guess I didn't do to bad. Nice to meet you Ed and I hope you finally got some sleep Adam!!! Ed and Adam's Adventure - Tournament Discussions Ed and Adam's Adventure - Tournament Discussions

  12. #12
    Senior Member vonottoexperience's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dutchess N.Y.
    Posts
    325

    Default

    "boy scout camp in Torrington"....why does Adam have an address to a boy scout camp

  13. #13
    Senior Member Archerdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    896

    Default

    he went to michaeljackson.com/directions didn't he...lol

  14. #14
    Senior Member Joe_P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Would you like to pet my bunny little boy?
    FBSA Member

  15. #15
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_P. View Post
    Would you like to pet my bunny little boy?
    NOW THAT'S FUNNY...


  16. #16
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrstedicast View Post
    Glad you guys made it down, maybe next time you should use mapquest instead of google maps!!!! Or just have someone else print out directions!!!!! Turned out to be a nice day for a shoot after starting out so cold. I had a bad first half and kept second guessing myself with my yardage, I came back and did much better in the second half for a score of 233. Not my best score but good enough for 1st!!! I saw 2 other females yesterday and one didn't turn in her card and the other scored a 202 so I guess I didn't do to bad. Nice to meet you Ed and I hope you finally got some sleep Adam!!! Ed and Adam's Adventure - Tournament Discussions Ed and Adam's Adventure - Tournament Discussions
    Yeah...It was great to come out and meet you both...

    The problem wasn't the map generator...it was the destination address...I'm sure Mapqest would have given us similar directions...I don't know where Adam got that address...He said it came off your club's site, but I can't find anything even close to it...


  17. #17
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    Yeah...It was great to come out and meet you both...

    The problem wasn't the map generator...it was the destination address...I'm sure Mapqest would have given us similar directions...I don't know where Adam got that address...He said it came off your club's site, but I can't find anything even close to it...
    yeah, i am still not sure how that happened

    I finished out the day from back stake, with a 239......w/a goose egg, still dont know how I hit that first bear using my 20???
    I cut things up and split them down!

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tedicast View Post
    I'm glad you guys made it. We appreciate it. We had a very dissapointing turnout today. We only had 99 shooters sign in. It was a beautiful day, and Adam, if you shoot the course twice a week, you get used to it!

    Thanks again for making the trip down guys.
    Ha! We beat your turnout at Limerick. We had a even Hundred. We hoped for more too, but there was some good competition for shooters this weekend. Other clubs switch to Labor Day weekend.

  19. #19

    Default

    Adam...you finished 5th in your class, and Ed, you finished 8th. Just thought I would let you know.
    Vortex Optics Field Staff
    The Sportsmans Outpost, Wolcott, CT
    Algonquin Archers Inc., Woodbury CT.
    VaporTrail Archery ProStaff
    U.B.C. (United Bowhunters of Connecticut)

  20. #20
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tedicast View Post
    Adam...you finished 5th in your class, and Ed, you finished 8th. Just thought I would let you know.
    Nice...thanks John


Similar Threads

  1. Adventure in God's Country (Long Post)
    By pilot in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 06:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •