You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Exclamation 06' Hoyt Trykon/XL

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered a problem with the 2006 Hoyt Trykon or Trykon XL. We received some in store a few weeks ago and noticed that when they shot the string sounds somewhat similiar to a guitar when plucked . All of the specs check out on the bow and I talked to a Hoyt Rep who said that the new String Shox don't dampen the sound like Limbsaver Leeches do, and that may be the problem.

I've tried everything from twisting the string to new stabilizers and sights. I've also tried the leeches, and although they do seem to dampen the sound, it's not as quiet as the Matthews Switchback/XT/LD.

If you have any suggestions let me know please!

DTP_HoytTec
    2006 Hoyt Trykon, 29" at 58#
    UltraRest Drop Away
    Target - Copper John PAA Sight
    Hunting - HHA Optimizer rheostat
    Fuse Tec. 4" Camo Stabilizer
    Medium/Black Vapor Trail Strings & Cables
    Beaver Balls
    Bohning Lynx 4
    Alpha Shox
    CX 200 w/white dip & 4" NAP Quickspins

Default I just got my Trykon and not viberation or noise.

Quote Originally Posted by DTP_HoytTec
    I was wondering if anyone else has encountered a problem with the 2006 Hoyt Trykon or Trykon XL. We received some in store a few weeks ago and noticed that when they shot the string sounds somewhat similiar to a guitar when plucked . All of the specs check out on the bow and I talked to a Hoyt Rep who said that the new String Shox don't dampen the sound like Limbsaver Leeches do, and that may be the problem.

I've tried everything from twisting the string to new stabilizers and sights. I've also tried the leeches, and although they do seem to dampen the sound, it's not as quiet as the Matthews Switchback/XT/LD.

DTP_HoytTec
    I just got my Trykon and it is set at 75 Lbs and I have nothing on the string or cables. (Using it for 3D) and there are no sounds comming from the bow except the swizzz from the arrow when it leaves. String and Bow is very quit and shoot free. Not bad for 303 FPS either.

Don't know if this is a fact. I was told some of the early Trykons had smaller serving on the loop ends of the string. This was causing vibration of the string during the shot. The latest Trykons we have setup have been very quiet.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default Straight fromt the Rep.

Talked to a Hoyt rep. a few days ago. He said the vibration was coming from the new String Shox. They are used as a ball perimeter style weight for the string, and do not help at all with silencing it. He informed me that regular Limbsaver Leeches will do the trick for quieting down the string and after a few twists and leeches the XL was fine.

Also found out that Hoyt's specs are off on the Trykon. For those of you who have shot a trykon/XL you've probably noticed an unbelieveable hard rollover for the cam. *with 80% let-off* The rep informed me that they found out that bow is getting more in the area of 86% let-off. He said going from a 60lb. draw weight to 8lb. within a matter of 2in. will cause the harder rollover.

Granted the Hoyt is still a great bow and we plan on selling quite a few.

thanks for the input guys.

DTP_HoytTec
    2006 Hoyt Trykon, 29" at 58#
    UltraRest Drop Away
    Target - Copper John PAA Sight
    Hunting - HHA Optimizer rheostat
    Fuse Tec. 4" Camo Stabilizer
    Medium/Black Vapor Trail Strings & Cables
    Beaver Balls
    Bohning Lynx 4
    Alpha Shox
    CX 200 w/white dip & 4" NAP Quickspins

Default Trykons

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Don't know if this is a fact. I was told some of the early Trykons had smaller serving on the loop ends of the string. This was causing vibration of the string during the shot. The latest Trykons we have setup have been very quiet.
    You are right that what I was told to.

Quote Originally Posted by DTP_HoytTec View Post

DTP_HoytTec

look @ your cable guards i had the same problem it was my string leaches hitting my cables there should be a frayed spot on ur cables

Quote Originally Posted by brettframpton View Post
    look @ your cable guards i had the same problem it was my string leaches hitting my cables there should be a frayed spot on ur cables
    Three years late.
    L.A. Archery
    Everything else is obsolete

Quote Originally Posted by L A Archery View Post
    Three years late.
    he is living the better late then never LIE.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default Meeee Toooo

LOL!!!