You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What kind of bow should I get????

So I have about a 4 year old PSE Nova and my husband wants me to get a new one. He keeps saying something about a mathews.

So what I'm asking u guys is what do you think I should get? I don't want to spend that much money, but some. I want to be able to shot it for hunting and for tournements. DL: 26.5 DW: 45-55 and maybe more.

Do they make bows for females that go higher than 45lbs?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by firechicslfd View Post
    So I have about a 4 year old PSE Nova and my husband wants me to get a new one. He keeps saying something about a mathews.

So what I'm asking u guys is what do you think I should get? I don't want to spend that much money, but some. I want to be able to shot it for hunting and for tournements. DL: 26.5 DW: 45-55 and maybe more.

Do they make bows for females that go higher than 45lbs?

Thanks!
    Take a look at the Martin Leopard. It is affordable and built for smaller framed archers. Any bow that accomodates a 26.5" draw and a weight you can pull will work for you. Most "womens" bows are just smaller and lighter. There are bows out there that go down to a 26.5" draw and come all the way up to 70lb draw weights. Bows don't know the difference between a man and a woman.

The Martin Leopard weighs 3.9 lbs and goes to 50lb draw weights.
    The Martin Cheetah weighs 4.3 lbs and goes to 70 lbs.

My wife just got a Leopard and it is a well made bow for the money..... Shoot a few and see what you like....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

look at the Mission line... it's made by Mathews...I shot an X3 and liked it alot...they go down to 25" and 30-40#
    Here's a link
    http://missionarchery.com/index.asp?...tID=1295#specs

I shoot a Mathews XT. My DL is 25.5" and I am pulling 48# I really like this bow

These are my choices, Hoyt.. You can get several models in that draw, and limbs that are 30-40 or 40-50.. just look at the chart on their website. Lots to choose from.

or the newest thing, which i am waiting to receive, a High Country Iron Mace, or a Stiletto.. they dont go real short, but can get your length.

Doesnt have to be a "girl bow"
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

One bow I haven't seen mentioned yet is the Bowtech Equalizer. It's a shorter draw bow and carries quite a bit of speed even at the shorter draw length. Know of a couple of guys that shoot it and are very pleased.

Draw lg. 24" - 27.5"
    Drat Wt. 30, 40, 50, 60
    @ 27.5" it's rated for 300-308 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    These are my choices, Hoyt.. You can get several models in that draw, and limbs that are 30-40 or 40-50.. just look at the chart on their website. Lots to choose from.

or the newest thing, which i am waiting to receive, a High Country Iron Mace, or a Stiletto.. they dont go real short, but can get your length.

Doesnt have to be a "girl bow"
    That Iron Mace is a real shooter. It was my second choice behind the Guardian. And the company just recently changed their warranty to offer a true lifetime warranty. That was a sort of grey area before. Unless you order online, then the warranty is only 1 year. At least this is the latest I've heard about the situation.

ok i just went through this for 4 weeks and i shot 20 plus bows. some i liked and some i didn't. some i could afford some i could not. this was the craziest thing i have done. my wife made fun of me because i usually walk in pick up what i want and im out. but i would sit at the counter looking and shooting bows. i finally decided and today was the first day i shot my bow and i absolutely love it. there were 2 guys there when i was practicing and they loved it. it has the most comfortable handle fit in the palm perfect. the let off is 80% and i can hold it for ever. in 5 min i had it sighted in and at 20 yds i was grouping less than 4 inces. what is this bow? alpine silverado match.

See honey if you would just let me get you a Mathews it would all be in the X ring....

Quote Originally Posted by bamaboydave View Post
    See honey if you would just let me get you a Mathews it would all be in the X ring....
    yeh, yeh, yeh.... I hear that from you all the time!

I still do pretty well with my PSE and WB....

Do yall think she should shoot a Bowtech for the speed????

Quote Originally Posted by bamaboydave View Post
    Do yall think she should shoot a Bowtech for the speed????
    I love my mathews, but if I were to try another brand, it would probly be Bowtech first

I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

If you want speed look at the bowtech equalizer, a friend of mine shoots one and it puts up some good numbers and its quiet. I love my trykon, but with your drawlengh and poundage the equalizer would probally give you the most speed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    What's this all about?

One of the female archers I know that shoots 3D just got an Dernaline... It was a high price tag, but from what she says, it was money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
    That Iron Mace is a real shooter. It was my second choice behind the Guardian. And the company just recently changed their warranty to offer a true lifetime warranty. That was a sort of grey area before. Unless you order online, then the warranty is only 1 year. At least this is the latest I've heard about the situation.
    The dealer that I know, which is HCA's top dealer, has always warrantied them for life. that has never been an issue for me.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    What's this all about?
    board....
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

you should have bought a 50# X-force and cranked her down. That would have been a serious tourney and hunting bow. and w/ that draw weight. it still would have been faster than most 60# bows...
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

If you want speed, smooth draw, no hand shock and a very accurate bow, and probably the best bow on the market get PSE Xforce. But since price is a concern try to find a Mathews Mustang, it is just what you are looking for.
    Bob
    If I can't hunt in
    heaven, I don't wanna go
    Shoot straight, and aim
    for the 12 ring.